Ch. 4
716 9 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Pov. of certain white Nekoshou.*

Rias-Buchou send me to investigate someone again this time, it is a new staff who just arrived around a month ago.

'Target spotted'

Since we are still in the school, I can observe him from a little distance without raising suspicion by using a little senjutsu and fear.

If I can't do this much Magari-sensei will overload my sense with her Touki again and it's not a pleasant experience for a youkai like us as it forces me to become in heat.

*shivering*

...even most of Nekomata from the Nura clan don't want to piss her off and Nee-san too.

Talk about Kuroka-nee-san...said she gonna come by next week after spring break starts.

Or when she finishes the errand from Yasaka-san...Mmm, If I remember her job detail is probably Ayakashi hunting again.

...She better not forget about the wagashi of Kyoto as a gift or I need to remind her that bounty for her in the new government is still around∼.

Heh...ah, let's focus on the job for now.

He is with the Sitri peerage again...

That is Mmm...Reya-senpai and Momo-senpai?

They seem to talk about how to get Saji-senpai to fluster and Deredere again...

Is making that tomboy-senpai become like that, fun?

It...Probably like Akeno-san pulling a prank on Rias-Buchou or Yuumi sometimes...

If I remember Buchou said that he is someone who got approval from King Leviathan.

The peculiar about him is his scent as he does smell like a human, devil, fallen, and recently a vampire too, while one scent that is the most prominent is like that of divinity.

Weird..., kinda like the Kunitsukami, and the great youkai, I met in the Nura clan's main house.

Or the Keikain's Onmyoji.

Rokuhara Lancaster Valen. He is around Nee-san's age(20), appearance-wise, he is a handsome young man with green eyes and short bright brown hair with bangs covering his forehead and space between his eyes.

He has a lean yet greatly muscular build.

He is 179cm tall and weighs around 63 Kg.

Furthermore, his prowess is estimated to be around the low ultimate class.

That is what is written in the report that Sona-Kaichou gives us.

One thing is sure about him that he is not a human. Maybe a half-blood like Akeno-san or 1/3 like Rikuo-nii-san.

Oh, the report seems to be written by Leviathan-sama...something is going on here...I can sense it! (smug!)

Nee-san gonna go crazy on him ain't she?

As Rikuo-nii-san choose Tsurara-nee-san already and most Nura clan great youkai also have a family too.

She did try to seduce Ikuze Tobio once too and got chased away by his fiance, Sae-san afterward...

*eyes roll*

Well, that misadventure got her acquainted with the rest of the Slash Dog team female members who seem to be rejected by Tobio-san too.

Anyway, on another note, he seems to be getting along with that Phenex girl from the same class as mine.

Ah, they separated now, where does he gonna go next? It's 2 pm his work should be finished.

I thought as while tail him silently.

This way is Hmm... Mmm? The cooking club? did his job require him to supervise them too?

Then I saw a familiar twin-drill blonde hair girl in the room who seemed eagerly waiting for him with a sweet smile.

Ravel-san can make a face like that too, huh? Guess, the rumor of him being a womanizer is true as well. Noted.

As expected of someone who seduced a Leviathan...Yuumi probably not gonna get along with this type, ain't she?

She still technically grew up in the church after all...

.
.​

Half an hour passed by I still watching both of them from the tree beside the room.

The interaction between both of them is kind of normal with just a bit of head pat session in between, it's like both of them are siblings.

Also, got a lot of information on her brother's peerage and characteristics that gonna help Buchou in 4 years when she finishes college and challenges him to break off the engagement.

Interesting..., so he is not as bad as Buchou makes huh? but still have the same arrogance as average pillar devils though.

From listening to Ravel talk about her brother he seems to be very caring toward his peerage like Rias-Buchou, and ironically both of them do hate this engagement they have.

Hah...devil's politics is such a pain sometimes, I wish I had run away together with Nee-san to the Nura instead of being in Gremory peerage.

Still, I can't fix what happen 5 years ago...and I'm still indebted to Rias-nee-san and Sirzech-san too.

*Stomach sound∼*

Sigh...Of course, I would get hungry from watching cooking and smelling it all the time like this.

Who would have thought another pure-blood devil is learning proper cooking like Rias-nee-san?

She seems pretty good at it too.

Sona-Kaichou? Eh...that can be categorized as failed alchemy...

I remember passing out from trying her "food" a couple of years back.

Never again...*Shiver∼*

*Window opens*

" !? "

Suddenly the window opens up almost making me fall off the tree that I'm on.

That was close pew∼ Hmm?

On the table near the window has a tableware of food with a memo on it.

Even if this screamed trap to me, I could not stop my curiosity.

So I approach it while still maintaining my invisibility with fear.

————————————————
You can eat this, Shirone-chan∼
————————————————

"..."

Those words automatically make me move my head in the direction of the two.

"∼ "

And see Rokuhara-san wink at me with a nonchalant smile.

" !? "

So, the assessment of him being low ultimate class is indeed accurate after all.

...So I reply without a sound.

'It's Koneko for you Rokuhara-san...We're not that close to calling me by my real name!'

" Ahaha∼"

he laughs.

'Mu...Laugh on, you frivolous prince, hah...'

What is so good about you that makes most girls in the academy get swoon by?

*head shake* Also, how did he see through fear? Is he a youkai?

" Did I do something wrong Valen-sama? "

Ravel asks nervously.

"∼Ah no. You did great, don't mind me, Ravel-chan just thinking about a kitten I found."

He grins in my direction.

" You got a pet?"

" No, just a stray cat I found—"

As the conversation between them went on, I decide to retreat silently while taking tableware with me and go back to the tree again.

Also, who's a stray cat? I'm not my sister!

" A cream pub? Hmm...It's good."

The snack he made is unexpectedly good. I guess, he did qualify for the job huh?
.
.

After he finishes teaching Ravel, he went to the Kendo club, but the one waiting for him there is no club member rather the student council members are waiting for him in the club dojo.

Tsubaki-senpai, Tomoe-senpai, and Tsubasa-senpai?

All melee combat members of Sona's peerage are all here except Shiroha-senpai as she is still a human.

All three girls summon their weapons and rush toward Rokuhara-san who signals them to come at him.

As the fight went on non of them still cannot land a single hit on him at all even when they start using magic in combat too while Rokuhara-san just used barehand while throwing them off him with the usual carefree demeanor.

...He enjoys the view he gets ain't he? pervert.

Yep, saw it his eyes did lock onto the lower part every time they try to kick him or evade the hit or when he threw them off like a pillow and that wry grin...

Still...Can't blame him much as it's their choice to fight him in school uniform...wait.

We all did when going Stray or Ayakashi hunting.

...I think I'm gonna wear my Hakama kimono when going hunting from now on.

Being in an all-girl peerage makes us ignore a certain thing, huh?

Sure, we're invisible to normal humans during the errands except for our client, and Buchou being an exhibitionist doesn't help either...

Hmm...Is this count as spying on Sona-san's peerage?

..Well, I'm only here for Rokuhara-san though.
.
.

Finally, We left the school after he was done with training the Sitri peerage, and now I still don't know why I even bother to maintain my stealth with fear and senjutsu...oh right, I have to stalk him when he goes on hunting at night too.

" You know you can just walk with me, right? "

He looks over here while saying that.

"..."

I shake my head and gesture to him to move on.

"...Fine, I don't know why your Gremory peerage never contacts me directly, but whatever floats your boat I guess."

He shrugs and starts walking home.

That should be the case, but he went to get some groceries first then straight to his home.

Also, he did buy a lot of food for one person. Is it for me or did he live with someone?

The vampire scent gets stronger? After reaching his house the scent of a vampire becomes obvious.

Is he living with one? Why did no one mention there's another vampire aside from Gaspy in the town?

A Japanese-style house, huh? Kind of reminds me of the Nura clan's house.

But what with an oddly uncomfortable sensation I feel from the house?

" Are you gonna come in too? "

He glances at me again after reaching for a doorknob.

" ?? "

I nodded and tilted my head in confusion as to why he asked such an obvious question.

" ...Alright, come here or the Kekkai will throw you out."

He opens the gate and signals me to get closer.

...Right, the ward that explains why the magic energy is denser here and the weird sensation.

Does this place connect to the minor leyline too?

"Sorry for intruding,"

I said quietly while walking up to him.

As I enter the house it becomes clear that this place is indeed connected to the minor leyline as the atmosphere of the inside is more vibrant in spiritual energy like that of a shrine.

Is he an Onmyoji?

Mmm? I notice someone rush out of the house to greet him.

" Valen, you're back! "

Said the beautiful petite blond girl with red eyes as she welcome him with clear affection.

That explains a lot about the vampire smell on him...but that doesn't clear up with the rest though.

"∼Miss me that much Elmen?"

He said with a smug while still receiving her hug.

" Who misses you, Baka! you're just my blood bag—Hmm!"

She denied it with a red face while hitting his chest lightly.

" Hai∼, hai∼, I got it∼, Let's get inside shall we?"

He brushes her off.

"Un, Nee, Valen, I finish that novel already what should I read next?"

She asks while grabbing his hand.

" Already? How about Campione next? Since you're just done with rom-com story."

He suggests.

" That one you said it's about killing gods and stuff? Unn...anything that has more focus on a vampire instead? something like Owari no Seraph!"

Her eyes lit up with anticipation.

" That's a manga Elmen, Hmm...you should try UQ holder then? It's technically a sequel for Negima but in another timeline."

Then he continues to explain the manga in detail to her.

" Ah- right, There's that! you said you like the main heroine, right? But Evangeline is a blonde vampire fufu∼."

She snicks at him while poking his shoulder.

The two continue to talk about the story that both of them have read in his bookcase and mundane stuff like how her day went, and so on while entering the house holding hands like it's normal for them.

*door closes*

...He forgot about me, didn't he? ...Is this how it feels like to be a third wheel?

Also, that vampire, Elmen? Is she his girlfriend?

I mean they did live together and Elmen-san seems pretty much chummy with him too.

I ponder it a bit and then thought about the thing Sona-san tell us when she inform us about him.

*small flashback*

" Rias, please do not try anything with the new staff even if his existence screams supernatural as he maybe or maybe not be my brother-in-law! "

Said the stern voice of Sona Sitri.

Buchou tilts her head in confusion and asks.

" What do you mean by that Sona? Brother-in-law? also, why would I do anything to someone who got vouched by Serafall-san? I'm not that stupid! "

Sona gives a doubtful look at her and shows us a message log from her phone.

" See this? I don't know what to think of this at all! This is the first time Onee-sama say a thing like this. so please don't try anything on Rokuhara-san! In fact, you should ignore him until I can confirm something just give me a month! "

She asks with a pleading look on her face which is rare for her.

The redhead just gives her a sympathetic look and agrees to it.

*flashback end*

And here we are as Buchou cannot contain her curiosity so yeah..., and it's almost a month since then...Anyway, where is this dragon scent come from?

Is he hiding another girl that is a dragon in the house or something?

Does Sona-Kaichou know about Elmen-san living with Rokuhara-san too?

I did not remember her mentioning a vampire in town...Well, whatever my job here is to observe him after all.
.
.
*Owl noise∼*

As the night arrives finally comes the last part where he starts his dairy stray or Ayakashi hunting as those are more common in Japan. Though, Stray devils usually don't come looking for a fight, but rather surrender to get thrown in Sitri or Gremory's house jurisdiction as they have more chance of getting put into serfdom of the house than being exterminated.

Finally, be able to escape from Rokuhara-san and Elmenhilde-san's newlywed atmosphere...

This mission is hard in a strange way...Sigh...Rias-nee better has those snack ready for me when I get back tonight.

That's her name Elmenhilde Karnstein, I'll ask Gaspy later if he knows anything about her or the clan.

Anyway, I did eat the dinner they made as Rokuhara-san seems to remember it midway through cooking...as he said to her he need to feed a cat.

@#$@#...I'm not a stray cat hum!

...Annoyingly it is a delicious meal, so I can't complain except when Elmenhilde-san has her meal...

She does not even suck that much blood only spends more time in his lab with blood-sucking as an excuse...

Now I think about it she is very clingy to him as time goes by.

...Hmm, it's almost as if she is afraid to lose him...smell like a backstory between them... probably something that made her lose the usual arrogance the vampire has...

Hmm...

Ah! He starts running now let's think about that later.

I hurriedly follow him as he parkours through the town effortlessly.
.
.

Ain't he way too quick with his feet?

It's been a while since I run and jump across an obstacle and a building this much since training with Magari-sensei.

—! That's a low-class Ayakashi. What is he gonna do now?

Then the next thing I see is Rokuhara-san grab that Ayakashi by its neck and crush it in one fell swoop.

" ...Ah damn, I'm about to try some spell. hmm, whatever, I can get a couple more tonight. yoink—"

After he said that pull out a talisman and throw it at the copse.

The copse catches a flame and burns away in Sacred fire.

" Suzaku's stuff is pretty handy for this huh? I have to thank her next time∼."

He has an Onmyodo talisman. noted, but who is Suzaku?

Then I follow him to another target that he speaks of.

The next one is also, another Ayakashi that haunts an abandoned building, but this one seems to be middle class as it looks like a pseudo-Oni-like monster.

"Grrrr!"

It screams and jumps toward him as soon as it spotted him.

"∼Feisty aren't we? get rotated idiot! "

He grabs its arm and throws it into the wall in another direction.

*Crash into wall sound—*

"Grrr—"

It got up and charge at him again.

" Nope."

He sides steps and kicks its leg making it stumble to the floor.

Sol flare∼"

He chants a spell name and throws a ball of molten flame at it.

"——"

And the fight ends just like that as the Ayakashi got burned to ashes while screaming its lungs out.

There isn't a smell of flesh burning nor the 'fear' dissipate. I look at the Ayakashi that still burning in flame in curiosity.

" Hmm... That's neat too, but leaving too much evidence on the ground... guess, I'll stick with melee and using talisman to clean up."

He ponders a bit then leave the area again.

Can use Western magic without a circle, noted. Also, what with that fireball?

Why did it have a divine property in it?

Need to ask Akeno-san later or Grayfia-san.'
.
.

And come to the last target according to him as he murmurs about Elmenhilde-san will get more clingy and nag him more or something along the line.

Sigh...why it feels itchy even though I'm not interested in this kind of thing...—!?

This presence!? I sense it as soon as we enter the forest near the town.

"*whistle∼* Would you look at this∼ Shirone-chan, there's a Namahage in the forest! Lucky!"

He cheerfully said.

High-class Ayakashi! here!? This gonna be really bad for us if we encounter it by ourselves alone without Buchou or Akeno-san.

A Namahage is an Oni-like Ayakashi in samurai armor it has long arms and blue skin with two glowing horns on its head.

It also carries an odachi as a weapon.

" Waghhhh—"

It gets into a fighting stance as soon as it heard Rokuhara-san's voice.

" Come!" Rokuhara-san also get into a stance and taunted it to come at him.

Then both of them rush at each other.

Rokuhara-san blocks the blade with his arm but the blade somehow doesn't slide through his skin like it contact with a hard surface.

The Ayakashi pull the blade back and punch making him stum back a bit as that punch was reinforced by fear that the Ayakashi gather.

" This is it! That's what I want! More!, more∼!"

As soon as he announces that his eyes shine in a golden ember-like color and the glowing haze with the same color also emerges from his body.

" Waghh—"

The Namahage also intensifies its fear as the dark blue mist coats its body and weapon.

*Bang—*

The golden aura and the dark blue mist of Ayakashi collision in the forest followed by a tremor occur as the two clashes become more intensified wrecking the surrounding trees and dirt around them.

So a low ultimate class is still an ultimate class... I should ask Nee-san to train me next time.

I wouldn't want to test my luck during the Ayakashi season.

This Namahage is the wake-up call I need to remind my position in the supernatural world.

Then I glance at Rokuhara-san again.

"Huff...huff..., ∼Alright, I think this is enough workout for me,"

Rokuhara-san said as he wipe the sweat off his forehead.

It is still an unreal experience no matter how many times I see someone toying with the high class.

His eyes still gaze at the Ayakashi with vigilant as he gets back into a fighting stance and then breathes in.

"...With valor, all things become possible. Strike with every ounce of righteous wrath you possess, and you shall be lifted on high by wings of valor."

After he mutters those words, I can sense the scent of divinity becoming more intent as the phantom wings of light form behind his back and the golden haze that shrouds him gets more visible to the naked eye.

He then smirks a little and appears in front of Namahage in an instant that my eyes cannot follow.

" May the judgment of justice come right here! "

He cries as he unleashes the punch that is imbued with the divine essence.

*bang—*

Just like that, the Ayakashi was cleansed leaving nothing behind, but gray smoke.

Rokuhara-san also returns to the regular state.

" Well, that was overkill... anyway, I'm gonna go home now, see you next time Shirone-chan∼."

He wave in my direction with the usual smile and left.

"..."

I don't know how to feel about this...

That wings of light and golden aura kind of remind me of an angel, but his aura did not have the same dread feeling we devils get from being near the church.

As it was more like the divine essence of the old gods than the holy aura of the biblical.

Also, that chant is kinda Chuunibyou...

May the judgment of justice come right here huh?

And that poem about Valor...

" Is he a god(the Kami)?—ouch!"

Why!? this is not meant for the biblical, but Shinto! Anyway, another note for Rokuhara-san is that he may be some kind of a god or a medium of one like Tamamo-sama.

Also, why is he getting stalked by a white owl?

It's been here since the evening and Rokuhara-san seems to not notice it at all...

At first, I thought it was a random animal, but it follows Rokuhara-san at every moment.

Is someone else also, investigating him?

That owl feels like a magical familiar of a magician.

Whatever, I think it is time to report back to Rias-nee for now.
.
.

*Back to Valen's pov.*

" Finally∼ Tokyo, it's been a while."

I stretch my back a bit as soon as we out of the train station or more specifically Shibuya station.

Today I got a meeting with Azazel and others for a potential demonic incursion from burning hells.

" ...Valen! Huff... huff... Wait for me!"

Cry the petite blonde vampire, Elmenhilde that is still uncomfortable being the in a metropolis with a lot of humans in the daytime too.

So I reach for her hand and grab it gently.

" Here, so you don't get lost∼."

"...Thank you, but aren't you walking too fast? I'm still not used to this lifestyle you know! "

She speaks in an angry tone.

"∼Sorry ∼sorry, my bad I forgot, since you can get around in Kuoh during the daytime just fine, I thought you gonna be fine with Tokyo too."

Yeah, I made the mistake of leaving someone from a country in a massive city like Manhattan.

"—Hmm!, So take me out to a more peaceful place next time! you hear?"

She puffs and demands with a high-pitched tone.

I couldn't help but grin widely.

"∼Understood, Ojou-sama please forgive this foolish servant."

I bow exaggeratedly. But a date huh?

Where should we go? Hokkaido? Kyoto? Valencia? Hmm...decision, decision...

" Stop doing that! and get going! We have to meet your friend right? it's not good to make them wait."

She then pulls me forward and then immediately stops.

As she forgot the fact that she did not know where the slash dog bar is.

"...Mmm∼!"

She pouted cutely while signaling me to guide her along.

"*chuckles∼* ∼Alright, ∼alright, don't cry Elmen, let's go shall we?" We then went to our destination.
.
.

And there it is just ten minutes away from the station lies a small pub name Black-dog Bar at the corner of the street in Shibuya.

Who would have thought that the personal strike team of Azazel would be in an ordinary place like this?

In a human world and not in the Grigori territory of the underworld or some pocket dimension.

*Door chime sound∼*

"Bark!"

As soon as We come in the black wolf-like dog jumped at me.

Woah-calm down Jin! "

Yeah, the Canis Lykaon Longinus leaped at me with cheerfulness. Best Sacred gear ever don't change my mind!

" Yo, Valen! You're fast than I expected, huh? Never thought you would arrive before dark."

Said a handsome young man with spiked-up dyed brown hair and gray eyes or Samejima Kouki from the seat in front of the bar.

"∼Hello there Kouki, well normally, I would like to enjoy myself first∼, but there's an urgent business with our favorite weird uncle, so here I am∼,"

I answer as I walk toward the bar.

" Uh-huh so, who is that with you? "

He nodded and ask about Elmen who hiding behind me while looking around the place carefully.

" My housemate Elmenhilde, she's a bit shy, so don't mind her∼."

I sit beside him and call the bartender for something to drink or eat.

" Hmm? Well, if you say so, but damn she pales as hell dude, you need to get her more sunlight, Elmenhilde-san?"

He shrugs and then tells a vampire to get more sunlight cause she's too pale which is kind of hilarious.

Well, luckily Elmen is a daywalker now.

" It's Elmenhilde Lancaster! If it was months ago I would be offended by that Kouki-san! Also, no thank you, I don't need more sunlight than I have now."

She introduces herself proudly.

...Did I just hear Lancaster in her name? Am I in trouble? probably, if Sera found out... well, a problem for future me.

I decide to ignore the following exchange between Elmen and Kouki as soon as I receive a glass of beer from the bartender.

" Here, Rokuhara-san."

Said the young man with black hair and pale gray-colored eyes or Ikuze Tobio, the slash dog.

" Thank you, but I didn't order this though? anyway, how are you Tobio-san? "

" Fine mostly, Aside from Sae having a mood swing here and there, no new job from Azazel, no stray or Ayakashi to hunt as the Nura in the area has already done the job yeah, it's been really peaceful. "

He said while cleaning the glass behind the bar.

" Good for you, mine is about to blow up in my face soon, as you know things that Azazel found recently is related to my plight also, certain faction and clan in Romania need a good slap."

Then I point at Elmen beside me.

" Hmm... Shard of a divine weapon? and a vampire? Sound like a lot of trouble Rokuhara-san, my condolence. How was your new workplace? "

He said while confused about the relation between the two then ask about my job.

" ...Yeah, the academy job is fun∼, a lot of cute girls∼, and plenty of strays and Ayakashi to hunt∼! The downside is I don't wanna bother with any of the pure-blood devils just yet cuz you know devil politics is pain∼ And I have to set up things with Sera properly first too. "

I sigh and tell him about my side of things.

" ...Right, Serafall Leviathan is your girlfriend? "

He said with an uncertain voice.

" I also have no idea either Tobio-san, We do get along well, but I only know her for almost a year at this point. Well, we'll see how things go from now on as I think I have to commit to it now or I'll regret it later. "

I said while thinking about the cheerful black hair Maou-shoujo that I did not see for two months now.

* Valen-chan∼!* Then the image of Merry Serafall in a comfy pink hoodie pops up in my head.

...Shit, I think I'd miss her after all, Hah... Is Ren's fetish rub on me too?

Cassandra is also a merry type... Nah... I can't blame that forever.

Why emotion has to be damn annoying to deal with.

I ponder while sighing to myself in silence.

" Looks like you have a lot on your heart Rokuhara-san. Well, good luck with that is all I can say."

He tap on my shoulder and went to the kitchen in the back.

" Thank..."

I then sip a beer while contemplating my life so far a bit.

Fuck..., I underestimate what it meant to be a reincarnator. I can feel in my soul the sense of losing who I used to be.

Whether to remember it since birth or 20 years later it kinda doesn't matter at all huh...? Hah...

I am Rokuhara Lancaster Valen now, probably for another couple of millennia if I did not get killed first or slay an additional heretic god...

How the hell did Voban summon one again? Time to go back and read the novel...

Am I gonna be the one who causes a heretic god apocalypse instead?

Well, better than the ExE apocalypse... Trihexa is already a soon™

Anyway...as I think that Rizevim probably figure out how to separate one Grail from Valerie at this point.

I mean the canon timeline cramps all the shit in 1 year, so I thought of the worst-case scenario first.

" Valen? Are you okay? You've been staring at the glass for a while now."

Elmen's voice wakes me from my thought.

" Ah—Umm, I'm fine just losing in my thought a bit."

I unconsciously reach for her head and start patting it gently.

But she pushes my hand away.

" What are you doing!? We're outside! "

She said with a red face.

I grin and ask her.

"∼So at home is fine?"

" Of course, you can! Ah—I mean No! Mmm! Mou—baka!"

She tries to deny it frantically while hitting my shoulder lightly.

" Sorry∼ sorry∼, You can have my blood Elmen, so forgive me."

I show my neck to her jokingly.

" I'll drink the whole litter this time! Hmm!"

But she seems to take it seriously and jumps on my lap then dig in my neck immediately.

Did she realize that other people can see her too? And this is worse than I pat her head.

I look around and found the rest of the slash dog team that already arrive looking over here with amused expressions on their face.

Some also bow a little to greet me well that's Suzaku for you.

I can only send a wry smile to them and wave a little.

*——*

Then the magic circle appears as someone arrives in a jolly mood and announces his presence.

" Hi, niece and nephew, your favorite uncle is here∼!"

Said the middle age men with long black hair with blonde fade.

What are you, Uncle Roger? Also, you're a favorite weird Uncle Azazel specifically on being weird.

I stare at him with an unamused face.

" No, applaud? Buu... What are you all looking at? ...Ah—Yike! sorry, Valen, I should've come in silently next time sorry for the unintentional cockblock!"

Said the fallen who smile widely looking at me and Elmen.

"∼It's fine my dearest uncle, it's just you being you after all."

I wave him off while covering Elmen who now sinks her face into my chest to hide from the embarrassment.

" You start to sound like Shem just now you know? anyway, let's talk nephew, what you can tell me about this thing."

He shrugs and sits on my left and put the blade shard down.

" Well, Hmm... hah... here we go—"

I prepare my heart a bit and pull the blade toward me with telekinesis following the instinct that has been screaming at me to move toward the blade since Azazel showed it.

*———*

As expected the ember wings of light sprout from my back and a crown-like halo that symbolize virtue of Valor appear above my head to grace its presence upon the world.

*ba dum—*

I can feel it in the blade the angelic light of an Archangel of Justice.

...El'druin."

As soon as the name is called the blade shines in a light blue or the same color as Tyrael's wings a little then fades back to normal as the sauce of its power is not with it, but a handle that has a piece of crystal arch in it.

Then I look around the pub and see that most people have shocked expressions on their faces.

" What the hell are those wings, Valen!? "

Azazel said with a surprised voice as his eyes lock on my wings full of hunger as he looked at the food from the Michelin-star restaurant.

Here it is mad scientist mode...

I shudder a bit at the sight.

" I can explain...? "

I dismiss my wings and halo real quick.

" Heh∼."

Elmen just snorts in amusement at my plight.
.
.

Then I explain what I know about the blade a bit including the race of another kind of angel that is not biblical and the truth about the depiction of war between angels and demons in Tristram Cathedral.

" So...apparently, Dad is not the only one who creates angels in the universe? I wonder... which is older the high heavens or us the seven heavens."

I did not tell them about being a god slayer of course, duh...

Until I'm more confident in my strength I gonna omit it except to someone who earns my trust.

Anyway, about my wings, I just bullshit to Azazel that I found something that turns me into high heavens angel in the cathedral.

Technically not lying, I did find the Heretic god Imperius after all...

" So El'druin, the sword of justice huh? from an archangel like Raguel? Tyrael ∼hmm... interesting∼! Raphy going to love what we find in that tomb, Valen, and this sword shard too! Another great find for roping heaven into the treaty∼."

He said with an excited voice.

" What about the demons in the catacomb level...? I'm sure they're still in there..."

I point at the hologram showing the map of the place.

" Right..., Demon is a thing now apparently...and from another literal hell like in the divine comedy that Alighieri write... by the way, love that guy, the man got the balls to write something in the hope of sending a pope to hell is still hilarious! Almost as much as Jan Hus, and Luther. I did sponsor all of them after all∼!"

He said some shocking facts without much thought.

Wait..., the reformation here is caused by Grigori? Oh, the irony...

So I ask him something I got in mind.

" So 30 years war..."

But Azazel responds.

" To appease Odin of course! he is still salty about the baltic crusade and Christianizes of Scandinavia. Thankfully he mellows down by the end of the great northern war. "

Then we talk a bit about how to handle the threat of potential invasion from burning hells as I tell him about the vision I saw last night. He also talks about where the other two comets hit.

I could not help but grin wryly at one of the locations.

One is in Oslo, so Azazel will contact Odin for it, but another is...

" Târgovişte!? really? What a coincidence... say my dear uncle can I ask you for something?"

I rub my hand together and said.

" Wanna get another Longinus uncle? "

"...Sure, I'm listening."

He nodded and signal me to go on. I then point at the old capital of Wallachia in the hologram and said.

" They got a Sephiroth Graal and we need the sword shard too so..."

" Uh-huh... I have been hearing about the Tepe vampire becoming immune to the sunlight like little Elmenhilde over here recently, but is it because of your blood for her? Hmm... the Graal, huh? "

He thought about it a bit and then answer.

" Alright, I'm gonna need a sample of your blood in exchange and then a whole lot of experiment with your angelic side later Valen, cuz I'm at risk here more than you if I let you borrow the slash dog team. Kay? "

He demands.

Alright, for the waifu and sword! I'll fight on!

" You have a deal, my dear uncle∼!"

but mainly for waifu! I shake his hand with merry.

" Alright, you kids heard us right?"

He then turns to ask others that been listening to our exchange.

" When?"

Tobio asks and others also listen in silence too.

" In a week better be more prepared if we gonna raid the Tepe castle. Oh right, Valen!"

He called out to me with a smirk that tells me I'm gonna have a bad time soon.

" Y-Yes? "

I answer with bad turmoil forming in my heart.

" ∼I left a surprise for you in your house take care of that well, okay∼? my old acquaintance asks me to look after that after all, but I decide you would do it better∼."

What the hell did you leave me with? you old crow!

" Understood..." I accepted in defeat.

Please don't be Vali! I don't want a battle maniac and white dragon emperor close to me or Issei right now.

You know what? Diablo sent a fucking legion of demons here, please.

That gonna keep a lot of Assholes in this world busy for a while.

After that, we hang out normally without the talk about the raid or demons and other serious stuff as today we want to relax before preparing ourselves for a week before the raid begins and I also wanna get wasted to clear my head a bit too.

I think I forgot about something that may or may not be important to me... Hmm... well, whatever that's a problem for future me for now, let's enjoy the drink and hang out with friends.

Then I walk toward the rest of the slash dog team that I've not chatted with.

" Va-kun∼!, It's been a while∼."

Said a beautiful young woman with a slim voluptuous figure long blonde hair and sapphire blue eyes.

She waved toward me in merry.

"∼It's been a month, Lavinia how was your day—"

as I have a conversation with her one thing that bugging my mind so much is...why the hell she calls me the same way she calls Vali in a novel?

Is Vali even a dude here? Since she has been calling me this way for years already.
.
.

27