30 – Journey to the Beds! (1)
290 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

MORNING OF THE NEXT DAY

 

'' We want something,'' Gleen said to Jonathan when they finished breakfast.

Jonathan looked surprised, '' If we have it, I can help.''

Gleen hesitated. But when he looked at Maggie, he didn't hesitate any longer, '' If you have some, we kinda want some of the same bed you guys have.''

' So they saw the bed... It's not like we were hiding or something.'

The beds they're talking about was the ones where Jonathan and his group sleep. It was an amazing bed, bought by the SHOP.

' I don't see why not. But I will have to elaborate a plan to explain where the bed came from... That's it!'

''Of course, but we found the beds in another place. We can go there and bring some beds here. But it will take various trips to bring the amount you may need.'' Jonathan will go outside for a few hours, buy the beds, and bring them to the car roof, ' It should fool them.'

'' Great! Can I come too?'' Gleen clearly wanted to go outside too.

'Hmm, it is still doable. I just need to put down the beds in the hotel room, show them to Gleen, and bring them to the prison.'

'' Sure... Anyone else wants to go?'' Jonathan asked the rest.

'' Me! Me!'' Carl raised his hands.

'' Absolutely not, young man! You'll stay here.'' Lori shut down immediately.

'' But mom...!''

'' If go, you are forbidden to train with guns.''

Carl said nothing more.

'' ... I'll go too.'' Daryl surprisingly also wanted to go.

Jonathan waited for a few more moments, but no one else said anything, '' Ok, so me, Gleen, and Daryl will go outside and bring beds. How much will we need?''

'' At least 10.''

'' I forgot to ask, which type of cars do you guys have?'' Jonathan asked.

'' ... It's an RV.''

Jonathan nodded, '' How about we use the RV to bring the beds? We can put at least 6 beds on the roof, put a rope around, and bring it. It will take less time, and it will be less gasoline spent.''

While Jonathan didn't care about the gasoline, he still wanted to play his part as a guy with limited resources. The car Jonathan had was also not compatible with bringing things to the prison. It would take a lot of trips to bring 10 beds.

Gleen looked at Dale, who passed the keys to him, '' Be careful with it.''

'' I will!''

Jonathan was a little taken aback, '' You want to go today?''

'' Yes. Is there a problem?''

Jonathan began to think of the things he had to do today, ' ... Nothing comes to mind. I am a bum?'

Ignoring his thoughts, Jonathan said, '' I'm free. We are leaving in 20 minutes. Grab your weapons and some food and meet me at block 1.''

Jonathan got up from his seat, said goodbye to everyone, and went to block 1 with Eve, Samantha, and Nathanael.

When they arrived at block 1, Eve asked, '' Want me or someone to go with you?''

Jonathan knew she was looking out for him, so he smiled and shook his head, '' No need. I legit trust them.''

'' If you say so. Then, how are you going to 'get' the beds?'' Eve knew where the beds come from, so she was curious about how Jonathan will handle it.

'' I will look for a hotel near us,'' Jonathan looked at Nathanael, '' search with your phone for that, please.''

'' Got it.''

'' When we arrive there, I will enter the rooms first and drop the beds. We just need to bring them back here. I think 2 trips will do the job.'' Jonathan explained to Eve while taking the protection suit he found in the Arsenal of the prison.

' I'll give this to Gleen and Daryl. Maybe I should use it too?' The 'suit' was the same one from the series, it protects the user from blunt force trauma and bullets of small caliber.

Eve didn't find any problem with that plan. '' But why are you going to risk going outside? Can't you just say the beds are in one of the other parts of the prison?''

Jonathan was honest, '' ... I want to see how the world is outside the prison.''

' And maybe make a detour to Gabriel's church. It should be near.'

'' Fair.''

Just then, Nathanael exclaimed, '' Found it. It's 150 KM away from here.''

'' Thanks. Can you do me another favor? See if you can find a church near our location. The max distance shouldn't be more than 300 KM.''

Nathanael found this request weird but soon started to search the internet.

Samantha approached Jonathan at that moment, '' Is this related to your dreams?''

Jonathan looked around and saw Eve wasn't paying attention and Nathanael was busy searching on his phone, '' Yes.''

That was enough for Samantha, '' I see. Just be careful.''

'' I always am.''

'' Jonathan, I found a place. But it's a little more than 300 KM away from here.'' Nathanael showed a picture of a church to Jonathan.

After looking at the picture, Jonathan didn't recognize it, ' Well, it's been more than a decade since I watched TWD, so I can't really remember some places specifically.'

Just like with the prison, Jonathan didn't recognize the church. Still, he thanked Nathanael, '' Send the location to my phone.''

'' If I don't come back with Gleen and Daryl, I'll keep you all updated on where I am.''

''Don't forget that.'' Samantha was a little worried about this trip, but she would not say that out loud.

Just then, someone knocked on the door to block 1. Jonathan checked his phone and saw Nathanael send the location of the hotel and the church, '' See you soon.''

Jonathan hugged Samantha and Eve. Nathanael declined the hug, '' I'm good.''

After saying goodbye to his group, Jonathan opened the door. Outside, Gleen and Daryl were waiting, '' Let's go.''

'' Oh, before I forget.'' Jonathan entered block 1 again. He then took the protection suits out of the INVENTORY. Going outside again, he passed the suits to Gleen and Daryl, '' Here.''

Grabbing the suit, Gleen asked, '' What is this?''

'' I found some of those where the weapons were. It should protect from shoots and maybe bites.'' Jonathan was wearing one too, and a bulletproof vest underneath it. It was hot as hell for him.

Gleen wore it in an instant. '' More protection is always good.''

Daryl didn't like the suit, but he reluctantly put it on after Gleen convinced him.

After that, Jonathan, Gleen, and Daryl went outside the prison. They easily killed the zombies around the area. '' Where is your RV?''

Mind you, it's been less than a week since Rick and his group arrived at the prison. The RV was still outside the prison.

'' It's hidden.'' When Gleen said that, he remembered Jonathan wasn't been part of his group before. He started to explain why they hid it, but Jonathan stopped him.

''Don't need to explain. You guys were coming to an unknown place. It was a nice idea to hide it.''

Gleen was glad Jonathan didn't mind. He leads the way toward the RV.

Arriving there, Jonathan noted a motorcycle beside the RV. He knew right away it belonged to Daryl. '' Nice bike.''

Daryl mounted it, '' Thank you.''

'' So, you know the way?'' Gleen entered the RV and Jonathan followed.

'' Yes. I can drive if you want to.''

Gleen looked at Jonathan. While the boy acted like an adult, he was still a youth. '' ... Do you know how to drive?''

Jonathan knew the way Gleen was looking at him, ' He must think I'm too young for that. But he too doesn't look more than 18.'

'' I know.''

Gleen hesitated for a second but passed the keys to Jonathan, '' By the way, an RV is more difficult to drive than normal cars. If you find it difficult to continue, let me drive.''

Jonathan started the RV, '' No problem.''

Then, the trio journey to get beds started.

 

 


If you find any grammar errors, please let me know.

 

Thanks for the support!

17