Chapter 50- You are selected~
8.3k 8 226
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been two days since Seth was 'accidentally' pushed inside the vault and for an official investigation of the matter, Duchess Valerie arrived at the scene.

Everyone was provided with resting bags and enough food to survive in this hellish cold on bare stone carved temple under the watch of the investigators.

The thirteen elite guards Valarie had arrived with, kept a close eye on every single entity that was accused to be a possible convict.

The reason, Valarie hasn't started skinning down the students and asking them very nicely in her own way about the incident, was because of the message she received from her son.

It was just after Valarie issued the order for everyone to stay inside the temple, that she began to analyze the premise steadily to gain something which might not be visible to the eyes.

She was not a needy woman who was finding a coin under rags. Rather something more important which couldn't be bought with any wealth.

And she found what she desired.

It was an advanced technique where someone can leave messages behind in case some unexpected encounters pulls them away. The subject in which the content of the message could be left was anything.

And Seth chose a pillar to leave behind a single sentence for his mother.

'Don't hurt them.'

Valarie was impressed by how flawlessly Seth presumes the possible future and how his mother would act if she finds her beloved being harmed.

The Albeck Duchess was left with no choice rather than to comply with her dear boy's request. She didn't want to be hated by him after all.

"Umm… Madame Albeck."

Valarie took a glance at the black-headed boy who came to disturb her sweet memories of her little boy. Not to talk about such a lack of manners.

Her sharp eyes evaluated the boy once again and Valarie got bored soon enough. True that the boy has some underlying power that may rise his might exponentially. But the boy had caught more of her doubts ever since Valarie came to know about the girl sitting near the vault's opening.

"Can you please tell that girl to eat something? She doesn't listen to anyone and also hasn't moved even an inch since the time when Set-..."

Arata didn't continue since the gaze of the woman made him breathless and brought realization as well, that he actually was going to pronounce Seth's name.

It would have different matter in school where only small reminders would have been implied. But now, he was standing to the second-most supreme figure in the Capital. And being a commoner, Arata had to address any noble, respectfully.

But it would sound rude to rectify now, so Arata just made up the request for which he have been gathering his courage for half an hour.

"Please help me with Anabelle, Madame Albeck. She won't disagree if you order her to rest."

The boy bowed like he was begging for her to help which made Valarie raise her brows. Not out of curiosity since she assumed that the boy was hopelessly in love with the girl who goes by the name, Anabelle.

What made her genuinely surprised was Anabelle's determination. Valarie wasn't paying attention to her much but when the boy—who undoubtedly would have been watching over only Anabelle—told her so, Valarie grew certain that the girl really must be uneasy about Seth's safety.

And nothing could move Valarie more than someone worrying for the same person whom she adores.

She has to assess the girl and see if she has the potential to become Seth's concubine.

" Leave."

Arata was startled hearing such a cold tone but he instantly retreated to not sour Valarie's mood. He over well was aware of how the Duchess's unfavorability could harm his future.

And Arata was not willing to go against such a giant for now.

Valarie sighed in slight weariness. She shot a glance at the surrounding before she made her move toward the girl for the first time ever since she entered this place.

The black-haired girl was still curled with her knees folder and arns encircling them to keep herself in place. The blue eyes of the girl were fixated on the door in front as if she was trying to pry the runic barriers and see what was hidden behind.

Valarie could see the restlessness the girl had and what extent of worry she possesses at the moment. But still, it was less than a mother's amount of concern.

"You. Introduce yourself."

Valarie's voice was stern as ever which made Anabelle flinch at her place before she steadily turned her head and saw the person standing on the left.

"I apologize for such disrespect, Your Grace. My name is Anabelle."

Anabelle immediately stood upright—gaining attention from the surroundings—as she bowed rather hastily.

Valarie's lips twitched since there was genuine astonishment in Anabelle's eyes which showed that the girl never was aware of the Duchess' arrival.

Valarie either could commend the girl's unwavering apprehension for her son or punish her for being so insolent.

Sighing, she leaned on the prior option.

"Why are sitting here ever since, Anabelle?"

The girl in question with her head still leaning replied after a slight pause out of custom, but her answer contained no hesitation at all.

"Pardon if it sounds rude, but I assume when President would exit the Vault, he might be in a vulnerable condition. By no mean, do I doubt President's capabilities, but for my own assurance, I desire to be the first person to meet President after he walks out of there."

Valarie had her undivided attention gathered on the girl since the woman was seeking any kind of hidden malice behind Anabelle's intention.

But for her joy, Valarie failed to find any fault in the girl.

"So now you know that I am here, shouldn't you be retiring from your post?"

This time Anabelle almost answered spontaneously just as Valarie's query came to an end.

"I beg for forgiveness, Your Grace, but I cannot walk away until I don't ensure President's well-being by myself. I am ready for any punishment which may follow, but for me, confirming President's safety holds my utmost primacy."

It takes a lot to have the guts to utter those daring words in front of such a high noble yet there was no stutter in her voice.

Anabelle seemed prepared for consequences that may befall, but Valarie could see the determination the girl holds to make sure about Seth's safety.

What a mother could ask for more?

"You are selected~."

Anabelle blinked in bafflement upon hearing such a sudden shift of the Duchess's speech but before she could have given out any expression, a chill ran down her spine.

It was the same for Valarie as she felt something moving before the two ladies turned to look at the wall which was rebuilding at a steady pace to carve a door out of it.

The people who came with the tag of Team A in this expedition were aware of this pattern and so was Anabelle.

The impatience shrouded the raven-haired girl and fortunately, the door also didn't make the audience wait for long before it parted with a screeching sound.

But the small smile which was making way on Anabelle's lips instantly faded as she saw the figure appearing from the other side.

"P-preside… "

________________

A/N: - The heroine got her approval. Hahaha… Seth is in for a great surprise.

Let me know in the comments if you liked the chapter.

226