Chapter 42. Challenge. Part 3.
333 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   The Saiyan I found with an intact body, was laying in some rubble of what was once the kitchen of a restaurant. She was killed by blunt force trauma that caved in the back of her head, killing her on her feet. She was a gorgeous, if a bit of a rough, tough, looking women. She has pale skin, long black hair, and was quite tall, coming in at over 6ft tall. 

   She certainly had the physique of a physical fighter. Once I got a good look at her, I used a few spells to copy her internals to get her voice right, and check for tech, tats, and any medical conditions she may have had, I can't have something small tripping me up, I'm going to have to play it safe with my acting. I have no idea this womens personality. She could be loud and brash, maybe she is silent and broody, a huge slut? A hidden genius with bad luck? No use in wondering.

   I went as far as to steal her damaged armor for after I made an exacting copy of her clothes. I expect any small tiny mistakes in her clothing will be overlooked. However, the armor must be right. 

   The only personal momento I found was a gold bracelet. I don't take that either, but I do take the time to make a nice worn copy. After I'm done I neutralize my smell. My new worn clothes get bloodied properly by the corpses blood and I begin the transformation.

   Transforming into a Doppleganger of someone others know well and you don't is usually a bad idea for good reason. I am hopeful that exact good reasoning fails, when they see me heavily wounded but alive.

   After getting a feel for the new sexy body, I got dressed, and buried the corpse. I did my best not to taint it anymore than I had to, but to really sell it I drained a lot of blood from it and reluctantly covered myself. Saiyans have keen noses, I can mask my scent, but I can't create a fake. Besides, I have no idea if they saw her get brained, but I had better be safe and use it as one of my fake injuries nonetheless.

   After everything was done I made my move and started the first step of my plan.

   

   ----3 hours until midnight----

   

   I was dragging myself down main street towards the Saiyans for what felt like hours. I was constantly adding fresh blood to myself from my hammerspace covertly until I eventually caught their attention. I have been playing up the wounded card and have been slowly dragging myself to towards the bridge that they are guarding. I'm trying to act like I am being sneaky, but too weak, injured, and disoriented to move well. The fake leg injury was a must have, but the matted hair with dried up blood was the perfect touch.

   At first I thought they couldn't find me due to the low power level I was putting out to simulate being injured, but as time went on and my acting was seen, I could sense the agitation in their Ki. 

   Two of the weaker powers are extremely nervous, but one of the two is also full of relief. The stronger one, Alpha, is cautious. It isn't until I make it to the bridge itself that I get a look at them, or rather the glare from the glass of their scout scope reflecting the starlight. 

   Once they saw me looking at them, as injured as I am, I could feel the emotions reach a boiling point, one of the women broke away from the group suddenly and flew down towards me quickly.

   Charlie-" Hold on tight baby, Momma's got you."

   She gently, carefully, just like the mother she claims to be, picks me up into her arms before flying back towards her group at a much slower pace, likely for my sake.

   Unfortunately for her, she never makes it there. Just as she nears the cover and begins to glide down slowing her speed, I push all of my quicksilver out of my hands that I'm holding onto her with. 

   The quicksilver exits without anyone noticing in the form of tiny threads that tear the women's body apart from the inside. As she fills beyond capacity, she explodes in an intensely loud shower of body parts. while everything else that made her body has turned into finely minced meat. My threads are gone before anyone can see them.

   Delta-" Verna, no!"

   I begin to free fall, to where they are, and this women who was carrying me, had intended to land. To my left I take a sneak peak at Alpha, as he looks back towards the town, he is in rough condition. Far worse than the report claimed. He is on edge, and must be thinking I was a trap. And that's exactly what I want. I land harshly, along with the bloody mist, which rains all over the ground, perfect so far.

   Ryan-" Oof."

   That attack took everything I had to do, as quickly and covertly as I had to do it the toll was not easy to bear. I need to catch my breath, but these damn women won't leave me alone. Not a second after I hit the ground the women who screamed out is at my side cradling me in her arms. I must not let her see that my wounds are fake or I'll be busted!

   Delta-" You'll be alright Fava, your mother was a great warrior, you'll be able to get your revenge, once the moon comes out."

   Alpha-" Ha! What lies! She is out cold and in worse condition than I am, you dumb cunt! Your partner should have let her stay on the street like I said! I told you she was a trap! Now we lost Verna who was in perfect condition and instead have a heavily wounded Fava in exchange."

   Delta-" We haven't seen whatever that weapon was before, we couldn't have been ready for it. It was the right call."

   Alpha-" She was acting like a mother not a soldier, it was a bad call and you know it. Haaaaa, let's put that aside, we have bigger problems, they must have Reinforcements. Or we have some stronger opponents left in hiding. The only attack I saw stronger than that was the bombardment my spotter and I got hit with."

   Delta-" You are the one with the scout scope, how did they get the shot off without us knowing and why couldn't we see it?"

   Alpha-" I have no idea, no power came from the town only from us as she got hit, but that's how it is sometimes right? We never get proper details, we just get sent in and they expect us to kill everything or turn into a Great Ape and kill everything.   Now get up here and man this rifle, Fava isn't going anywhere. And we still have a few more hours until the moon rises."

   ----1 hour until midnight----

   The Saiyans don't spend much time in grief atleast during the battle. They haven't even attempted to field dress me, or clean up the body parts strewn about either, leaving me leaned up against some of their supplies, which is actually really disconcerting. But once I was sure their attention was diverted I started creating the largest Bubble of gas I could. While acting as if I was still passed out.

   This time I don't make a poison, or an explosive. In just a few minutes I have a massive bubble of superdense and extremely hot water held in a supercritical state, at 220 bars and at 373°C this attack is dangerous and perfect for an ambush, but it's not enough, not for people of this strength, not normally.

   As my attack is finished I prepare to sink into the ground, this is going to be dangerous and done right on top of me.

   This air magic technique is tricky. There are three options. I could surround them and see what happens but they will just rush out of it likely. Resulting in minimal damage. 

   The next option would be to blast them, but I won't really hurt them much because they aren't using Ki to anchor themselves. They'll just get pushed around. This is one way in which Ki in more dangerous than physical forces even at the crazy pressure I'm using, Ki burns and destroys much better than elemental magic.

   My last and best option is the most difficult. I could seperate the gases into two groups and fire them in such a way as to squish my enemies between them. This will surround them while they are pinned between the two, giving the attack the time it needs.

   This is exactly what I do, with impeccable timing I moan out in a weak voice letting them hear the long dead voice of their comrade one last time.

   Ryan-" Wa, Water."

   The women turns to me right before the attack connects. The man, Alpha who is always alert, jumps away in the nick of time using his one good leg, but the women hesitated, for my sake. She wanted to get me to safety, but she only got to watch me get sucked underground as she was hit by the two walls of superheated expanding gas that was released on either side of her.

   SFX" FFFWWOooosssSHH!

   Delta-" AAAAAHHHH!!!!"

   Even underground I could hear her scream bloody murder as she was cooked alive by the steam that condensed on her in that instant. The mass of water, heat and rapid expansion from two sides, successfully trapped her long enough to melt the skin off of her body, if not take the meat off of her bones. If she isn't dead she is atleast out of commission and likely blinded.

   Alpha-" God-Damnit Lima, you should have left her there you stupid bitch!"

   While underneath the ground I begin to charge a cero and made my way to where Alpha was intending to land, I can't let him get a chance to defend, I need to keep him on the back-foot.

   As I get near Alpha, he suddenly accelerates to the ground using his good leg to destroy everything around for thousands of feet, knocking the wind out of me as I am flung up into the air along with the dirt I was just swimming through.

   Alpha-" I got you now bitch!"

   The next thing I knew Alpha was using my face to make big rocks into little rocks, but my exceptional defenses, made this nearly painless, and gave me the edge I needed. 

   I twisted around and cut alphas wrist with my hidden horns allowing myself to get free for a second, only to be punted across to the opposite cliff side followed closely behind by Alpha.

   Alpha-" I'm surprised you came out of that unharmed. But now I can see what you look like really, I knew something wasn't right, you see, I saw Fava when she got killed, there was no way she survived that, it was a pity too, she's was a nice piece of ass."

   I fall out of the small hole I'm embedded in and hit the ground, trying to catch my breath, while he talks just like any Saiyan who thinks he has won already does.

   My transformation magic was undone by his last hit, not that it matters, but my horns are still concealed and i haven't let go of the cero just yet, still keeping it hidden along with my them. Not being able to sense Ki will be his downfall.

   Ryan-" Yeah, she was a looker I'll agree to that. So bud, any chance we can call this a draw and both walk away? I'm sure you know by now that the town is long deserted.

   Alpha-"My name isn't bud, it is Rhuba, and I'll still be killing you."

   Ryan-" Yeah, I figured you would say something like that, but isn't Rhuba a chicks name?"

   Rhuba-"  Oh, I'm going to enjoy this, come here, wrahhh!"

   Ryan-" Bring it bitch, EQUIP!"

   In a flash my quicksilver exits from where-ever it goes inside of me when not in use. This causes Rhuba to stop in his tracks, the rocks around us begin to float and quiver as my power jumps just bit. I use a self made technique, instead of transforming.

   I make a full suit of armor over my entire body, complete with a shield and spear in my hands, my personal power doesn't get a large boost, but my defense and attack are still outrageously boosted by the quicksilver itself. For a weakened Rhuba this should be enough.

   Rhuba-"What is this!?"

   Ryan-"Come here and let me show you! Flash steps!"

   I charge directly at Rhuba as fast as i can and attempt to thrust through his chest focusing on his injured side. I use telekinesis to slow him down, and speed myself up closing the last bit of a gap between us making this an almost fair fight for me."

   Rhuba doesn't let me get at his injured side, always bringing his good side between us. Each and every time I get close we exchange strikes, with him dodging and forcing me to block with my shield. But no matter how hard he hits my shield, he can't break through. And If he grabs it, he leaves himself open.

   After what feels like days I slowly wear him down, and I have the edge, my defense has kept me safe due to his lack of melee technique so far. All he can do is punch hard, I haven't seen any Ki techniques at all yet.

   We fought through the large town from one end to the other and back again, but I can't let up, I'm running out of time. I dive in, attacking his injured side forcing him to move, aggravating his wounds.

   Sfx: Boom!

   Rhuba-" Ha, ha, ha, your are one tough nut to crack."

   He pushed me back, again, but I can tell he is running out of steam, he can't get ahold of me, plus he has no real ability to pierce my defense. It doesn't help his power has done nothing but drop since the fight began. The man is on his last legs.

   Rhuba-" What the hell are you made of? Answer me!"

   I don't answer his question, instead rushing at him, but this time I extend my spears reach as I thrust towards his face.

   Rhuba smartly attempts to swat my spear away from hitting his face at the last moment with his one good arm but the extending spear messed up his timing and he immediately regrets it.

   Rhuba-" What. Are. You!?"

   My unusually strong weapon slips into his once good arm like butter, hardly making a sound allowing me to skewer alpha through his forearm, but the meathead is simply too strong, my blade made it through his arm, but not into his face, instead it got lodged between the Ulna, and the Radius."

   Rhuba-"You freakish piece of shit! Just die! Explode!"

   I liquify the spear that is stuck between the two bones of his arm. The split second I'm delayed, trying to break it free from him, he launches a point blank mouth blast at me. 

   Rhuba-" RWAR!"

   The big oaf has horrible footing with his stump. I use my shield and parry the desperate blast diving in closer, getting inside the guard of the massive man. Taking the chance presented I drive my still hidden horns into  his chest bringing his Ki blast to an abrupt end.

   Rhuba-" Ahhh! Gasp! NOO!"

   Rhuba grabs at my shoulders while doubled over trying to hold me still, he knows he is hurt badly, but doesn't know what's coming next. While his blood runs down my helmet I let loose my final attack.

   Ryan-" CERO!"

   I let everything I have left feed into the Cero I have been holding back all this time.

   Rhuba-" AAHHhh.."

   I feel his body lighten, and my horns free from his body as my attack turns him into ashes, leaving only his waist and legs intact as they fall to the ground seperated from the missing top half of him.

   I'm not far behind. the quicksilver gave me the ability to fight above my normal ability, but it takes a toll and with the rush of battle over. I fall to my knees. Once i let go of the quicksilver I'm hit by more fatigue, even my horns recede leaving me in my base state weaker than I have been in a very long time.

   After a few minutes I realize that for some reason I haven't left this place. In a slight panic I search with my senses worried the women is still alive, but I find nothing. 

   As relief floods though me I reluctantly, open my eyes and get back up. Beginning the search for why I am still here. Having found nothing, I fly up to get a bird's eye view.   

   Once I do, I see a large moon on the horizon, and hear the roars of Saiyans transforming in the gar off distance. The power I sense hits me like truck. My instincts scream at me to run away but I'm stuck, the enormous powers are coming from all around me covering everywhere the moons light reaches. The power they are all outputting has me frozen.

   It is only now that I realize there was never any reinforcements coming for this town. Every city on this planet is being destroyed and the people I helped just got little bit of extra time. Being able to take on a few weak Saiyans is nothing, I didn't save them at all.

   The magic ends as I see large blasts rip through the landscape in the distance. The echos of the Great Apes' roars signify the death of millions of people.

   Popo-"Congratulations, Ryan you are the first of the group to have succefully completed the challenge. Please exit the chamber, so as to not disturb the others."

   I exit the doorway on shaky legs, image training or not, everything felt very real. For the first time in a long time I felt insignificant, like a bug to be swatted away.

   GG- " You did well Ryan, but next time don't take such unnecessary risks."

   Ryan-," I didnt have the time to play it safe. I needed to ambush them, I couldn't fight them 2 on 1."

   Kami-" Let's talk about it later, for now let's watch the others, they are all still attempting their challenges."

  

8