Chapter 43. Challenge. Part 4
213 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Young Nappa-"Guy who is as strong as a Saibamen says what?"

   Goku-" What?"

   SFX- !!BOOooOooOOM!!

   Ryan-" What the hell is happening in Goku's Challenge?"

   GG-" We aren't exactly sure, he was dropped on the planet you see where this other Saiyan was stranded as you have seen earlier. Goku, as you just saw, assumed he had to fight the man, and got his butt handed to him in possibly the most humorous way I have ever bore witness to."

   Kami-"The man you see treats him like the young child he is, not taking his provocations seriously although, he has taken quite a liking to Goku. His personality is in line with Saiyans who have a love for battle, and this man respects that to a great extent. I don't think his challenge is to fight him at all."

   Ryan-"How long has Goku been in there?"

   Popo-" For him it has been two weeks."

   Ryan-" Two weeks!? How has that guy not beat him to death yet?"

   Kami-" They don't fight as often as you may think. You must remember,  the mirrors only show pertinent parts of the story, not every bit of it. 

   The man you see, has been traveling towards his rescue ship across this wild continent all alone. He has insisted Goku follow him after their encounter because he is, as the man said, 'Only as strong as a Saibamen.'. This apparently means, too weak to let run off alone and die."

   Ryan-"What's a Saibamen? And why hasn't Goku finished after two weeks?couldn't they have just flown there? Or even ran there?"

   Kami-" We aren't sure what a Saibamen is at all. But later in the challenge Goku fights Various strong beasts. But you should look closer, the real challenge is the gravity on the planet, it is much higher than Earth's gravity.,"

   We believe this Nappa fellow is purposefully stalling until Goku better adjusts. They have been going in circles for days now. And up ahead is some treacherous terrain."

   Ryan-" I suppose his challenge is to help this Nappa get off the planet? Or to get out together, and not hold him back?"

   Kami-" We are not sure yet, but it'll be some time until we see the results, the others challenges are displayed similarly, in the other mirrors. We ask you not to intrude on anything private you should see while viewing them."

   Ryan-" Thank you Kami, I'll be respectful."

   After a break to adjust myself to being back, I was with Kami, Mr. Popo, And GG in a nearby room used to view the happenings. This is intended to be used to evaluate, and help people in traumatic situations, no reason to let someone be tortured or worse when you can stop that before it happens.

   I head to Bulma, and Kashi's, with a curiosity burning inside of me of what I'll find.

   The Mirrors are on a loop that updates each cycle. It remembers what each person has seen and keeps things in order. When someone is in excess pain, the mirror cracks, to supposedly alert the user. I personally think it's overly dramatic to make the magic work like that.

   I come to Bulma's mirror first to see her rummaging through a junk pile, ontop of a mountain of trash, far off in the distance I can see what must be massive ships dumping waste nonstop.

   Bulma-" Go in the past they said, it'll be cool they said,  'You'll be fine Bulma' ( bad whiny Kashi impression.)

   Well guess what!?

   This!        SFX: SSSTTTOoomp.

   Fucking! SFX: SSSTTTOOomp.,.

   SUCKS!    SFX: SSSTTTOOOMP.....

   The fragile stability of the trash mountain she has taken her frustration out on, has had enough of her tantrum.

    SFX: Ting...ding..ti-ti-ding...ting

   Bulma-" Huh?"

   I watch as Bulma looks up just as she  brings a small trash-avalanch down upon herself.

   Ryan-" Hahaha!"

   I continue to watch for some time and I see no obvious point to her challenge so far, she is simply stuck on a trash planet. She eventually finds herself some civilization, and is told to earn money for necessities from scrapping, but finds the whole thing a debt/slave trap. 

   Over the time of her challenge Bulma faced adversity in many ways that I felt were going too far, but she always pulled through. 

   One of the worst incidents that pressed upon her the seriousness of the situation, was the cruelty she saw. Thankfully she was strong, and could fly to escape bad situations, but not everyone could. She was forced to stand aside and watch someone innocent who has aided her, being beaten to near death because she was too weak to help. This was a defining moment for her and steeled her resolve.

   This is where things change in her story, she begins to organize everyone stuck under the bootheel of those in power. Much like how her alternate future counterpart ran the resistance during the Android invasion, her strong defiant nature came out.

   She rallied an attack over the span of three nights, having created various weapons. This part of the challenge had a strong mental component she needed to overcome. Bulma isn't adverse to weapons, she even had a gun when I first met her, but making weapons herself she knows will be used wasn't something she took lightly. Nor was it something she shied away from, taking the lead by example. Not many people can watch a young women stand up and fight for freedom while they keep their head down, she was fantastic at rallying people around her, and at making horrifying weapons that would make politicians write new laws.

   It need not be said she successfully lead the revolt, freeing everyone from the debt trap, and the trash planet, allowing those stuck there passage off world and completing the actual goal inadvertently. Making herself the second to complete the challenge

   Ryan-" I'll get her Mr. Popo, take it easy for this one."

   Popo-" I'll leave her in your care."

   I make my way to the room quickly and to her side before she moves at all. I was worried after all the violence she was a part of. My Bulma, doesn't have clean hands anymore, even if it was just a recording of people she did what needed to be done.

   Ryan-" You alright Bulma?"

   Bulma doesn't respond right away, but she sheds a silent tear down her cheek. Not being one to stand around I wipe her face and cradle her cheek as she opens her eyes and mets mine throwing on a smile as she sniffles holding back her tears for those she knows likely never got off that planet.

   Bulma-" Yuck, my mouth is dry, I need a drink."

   I go along with her change of topic, I imagine she wants time to process things.

   Ryan-" Here you go, take this and follow me, you don't want to miss this, or disturb the others."

   I bring Bulma to, and show her the viewing room full of mirrors, after she realizes we know what she went through she relaxes and the old upbeat Bulma starts to show herself once more.

   The quick study she is, Bulma grasps the mechanics quickly and we gravitate towards Kashi's mirror, immediately. As always it allows us to see things from the beginning.

   Kashi-" Where am I?"

   We hear those words alot as she is somewhere in the pitch black. Even us watching cannot see a thing, until her crystals make an appearance, the white one pushes the shadows back and it reveals that she is in what looks like a large underground basement of some sort.

   Kashi-" What is that smell? Eww.."

   Kashi continues her travels trying to find a goal until she stumbled upon door that is left open. The view from the mirror is more of a cheat than any 3rd person camera in a game and let's us see what lays beyond, while Kashi uses her senses to look for threats.

   True Demons are disgusting creatures who are cannibals, rapists, and torturers among other things. The best way to deal with them if you can't kill them easily is to avoid them. So when Kashi finds a den full of them, fucking, fighting, and eating each other, she takes note of the variety and takes the smart course of action.

   Kashi, is strong enough to fight them, but doing so in an unknown location is idiotic. After she finds herself in a dangerous place, she immediately makes use of her illusions and magic to conceal herself. Killing her light and casting a spell to see in the dark.

   Mr. Popo-" Allow me Ryan."

   Mr. Popo like the genie he is, works his magic so that we can continue seeing what is happening, Kami joins as well, but GG stays at Goku's mirror focused intently. Bulma takes this chance to speak with them.

   Bulma-" Thank you Mr. Popo. And Kami, I'll have you know I was very angry at first, but after some time I realize I learned much about myself. Thank you."

   Kami-"You are welcome Bulma, keep that attitude and you can go far. I hope you continue to surprise Mr. Popo and I."

   We all go back to watching Kashi, and I give Bulma tidbits of info to help her make sense of Kashi's decisions throughout her journey. 

   Bulma-" Why is Kashi being so careful? Won't her illusions conceal her?"

   Ryan-" Depends. To some extent yes it will, but Demons are known to see through illusions, it's best to be careful and use it as an aid, but not rely on it."

   Bulma-" You think her goal is to kill all those monsters?"

   Ryan-" I have no idea."

   Bulma-" Will she be ok? That looks dangerous."

   Ryan-" I have faith in her, she is more knowledgeable in magic than myself, can heal, and is quick on her feet. If you include her new shadow magic she is in her element."

   Along Kashi's travels to find an exit she catches wind of something dangerous, but exciting, and perhaps her goal, Dark Energy.

   Kashi-" This isn't conspicuous at all."

   Kami-" That's a bad omen. We should be ready, this could be dangerous for her."

   Ryan-" let's give her a chance, she is no two bit magician or apprentice in Ki."

   We all watch as Kashi follows the Dark energy down deep underground, through winding hallways past dozens of rooms packed with Demons. As she goes further the dark energy gets thicker and thicker, as do the Demons nearby. Until finally she finds the source.

   Kami-" That's "

   Ryan-" What am I looking at Kami?"

   Kami-"Those are the twisted residents of planet Makyo."

   Ryan-" That sounds familiar...'

   Kami-" Baba may have mentioned it, but I had a fellow apprentice from there who failed to gain the position I now have, he in anger attacked the lookout and was sealed for his efforts. Kashi seems to have gone back in time to before Garlic attacked, this is an extremely hazardous situation."

   The source of the dark energy was coming from beyond the doorway that the two of the Not yet Garlic Jr's minions, Pepper, and Ginger were guarding.

   The entrance looks like the beginning to some kind of evil lair. I suppose demons need a home too. The place was emitting the Dark energy that led Kashi there.

   Ginger-" When I signed up to work for King Garlic, I never expected to guard a door. What kind of grunt work is this."

   Pepper-" Grrhm"

   Ginger-"Right? This is beneath us!"

   Kashi was rather humored by this duos behavior, but couldn't take her time, she needed to either get by them, or retreat, and considering this is a challenge, she took the risk and went ahead without remorse. Makyan Demons have caused no shortage of suffering. And Kashi isn't the type to give the benefit of a doubt."

   We watch as Kashi makes her move. Her illusions help her stay undetected, but she must also supress her Ki leaving her magic the obvious method of attack. Ever so slowly she begins to slip into her shadow, but gets interrupted. By a rather flamboyant Makyan.

   Cinnamon-" We have new orders boys, we get the honor to guard King Garlic's son while he takes his throne. You two had better pay attention, now let's go, we are to take him to a safehouse."

   The three stooges leave quickly leaving a nice entry for Kashi, but I can't help but find the situation too convenient.

   Bulma-" What is she doing?"

   Ryan-" Going to find the goal of the challenge I assume."

   Bulma-" I get a bad feeling from that door."

   Ryan-" As do I, but she doesn't have much choice."

   Kashi opens the door to reveal a normal staircase that heads up, using her magic I see her fall into her shadow appearing at the top landing without a sound, but it appears her efforts were pointless.

   King Galic-" So what gives a pathetic human witch like you, the right to invade my home?"

   

7