Chapter 44. Challenge. Part 5.
226 8 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   King Garlic-" So what gives a pathetic Human witch like you, the right to invade my home?"

   Kashi was more than a little tongue tied and didn't respond, I can't sense Ki or magic through the mirror, not that I'm good at sensing magic anyhow, but she was obviously surprised by his presence, which means he can supress his Ki. Which is fitting for someone who trained beside Kami.

   King Garlic stands another floor up on a balconey above a large pot emanating the dark energy Kashi has been following. He himself looks much like his son, but is quite a bit taller, and more uniform in color. He is not transformed thankfully, he also wears an outfit reminiscent of Kami's but in black and red, instead of white and blue.

   When Kashi moves to respond King Garlic waves his hands opening the jar and pushing a dark mist towards Kashi.

   Bulma- " What is that?"

   Kami-" That is the Blackwater mist. It is a dangerous magical creation. It was what Garlic used to gain soldiers to attack the lookout with. Garlic himself has the ability to command Demons, and the Blackwater mist can make anyone who breathes it, into a demon, that lacks reason. It can also strengthen true Demons. This transformation makes them far stronger, at the cost of their sanity over time. He used this to bolster the ranks of his army with transformed Humans."

   Back inside the mirror I watch as Kashi dodges with the finesse I expected of her. As she dodges backwards she rams into a bookcase however, due to everything being in shadows she merely falls into it like water appearing out of wall nearby.    

   Garlic is no slouch, he somehow knew where she would appear and was ready waiting for her not seemingly worried at all.

   Kami-" We should end this, Garlic is a formidable opponent."

   Bulma-" How was that guy ever eligible to be guardian of Earth?"

   Kami-"We both had the option to remove our darker side. Garlic refused to do so. Resulting in him failing to gain the position.

   Mr. Popo, please stand ready to end Kashi's training at a moments notice."

   Popo-" Of course Kami."

   Ryan-" How strong is he?"

   Kami-" The Makyans are strong on their own compared to humans, but gain immeasurable strength when near the unique dark energy only found on their home world. It passes by Earth in a cycle giving them strength as is moves towards us like the waxing and waning of the moon, their power comes and goes. I'm not sure how it would compare to those numbers you use but, depending on when exactly she is fighting him, it could be useless."

   Ryan-" She doesn't look to have given up, let us trust her judgment."

   In the mirror we watched as Kashi, and Garlic continued their conversation. It's not like Kashi to talk to her enemies, this has me thinking she is buying time for a plan, and taking him seriously.

   Kashi-" I didn't think anyone would be able to see through my shadow magic."

   Garlic-" I am the King of the Makyans, of course I can see through your palty magic. Now tell me girl, did the Guardian send you?"

   Kashi-" Guardian? Who's that?"

   King Garlic-" Hehehe, I can't believe my luck. That's good, I needed someone to test my new army, you'll do nicely."

   We watch as King Garlic releases a large plume of the Blackwater mist in the room directing it downstairs. To where Kashi is. She dodges out of the way being forced to the far side of the room. She makes herself a small Bubble of clean air around her with her telekinesis out of an abundance of caution but the most continues past her down the steps she came from towards the horde of Demons below.

   King Garlic-" I respect your strength human, so Let's see how you do against Demons enhanced by my creation!"

   The hundreds of Demons Kashi had passed on her way there began to be  affected by the mist. Kashi's mirror began to rattle as the hundreds of Demons Began to roar in unison.

   King Garlic-" Come to me my servants! Come to your King!"

   As the order is given Kashi tries to blow past King Garlic before she is trapped there, but King Garlic lights up hidden webbing that illuminates the shadows separating the 3rd floor to stop her advance.

   Kashi-" Too scared to fight me yourself?"

   King Garlic-" You have no idea of that which you speak. Save your breath for the fight ahead, please give it your best."

   Demons-" ROAR!!!"

   Sfx " Boom!"

   King Garlic-" Look alive dear, you have company."

   We could hear the demons coming up the stairs in a frenzy, as they made it to the same floor as Kashi, the ones Infront stopped suddenly. Getting  themselves trampled by those behind them. Eventually the horde came to a stop when King Garlic's presence was noticed.

   King Garlic-" Kill this human, and feast on her flesh!"

   The Demons didn't need to be told twice, and Kashi wasn't waiting around. She tries to dip into her shadows again to retreat, but Garlic is not going to let her.

   SFX: Shing!

   King Garlic- " Ah-ah-ahhh. How about you stay in the light you little rat."

   King Garlic is fast on the draw and lit up the room with Ki, killing the shadows. Kashi still has her own, but she needs a path to travel or she will be stuck in the room. with the amped up demons and King Garlic who is already showing his control of the situation, this leaves her no option but to make a path herself, but she isn't the type to go along with the games of another anymore than I am.

   The Demons attack in an uncoordinated flurry, attempting to chase her down,

  Speed is Kashi's game. Unfortunately for her the room is too small and the demons corner her quickly forcing her on the offense.

   She lashes out at the nearest demon. A hulking monstrosity that is already covered in the blood of it's kin. Her leg is caught without trouble by the monster much to her surprise though, leaving her open for the others to attack.

   One by one the Demon jump atop of Kashi and begin to tear into her. Allowing her screams to fill the room.

   Bulma-" Save her Kami!"

   Ryan-" Pay attention Bulma. All is not as it seems."

   King Garlic- "What a pity. I suppose she was nothing special."

   As King Garlic moves to leave the door behind him fails to open. At first he tries again, but no matter how hard he tries the door will not budge.

   King Garlic-" Grr, what is wrong with this door!"

   Kashi-" Hahaha!"

   Suddenly the room goes quiet, King Garlic turns around to see the Demons  fade from existence. The once filled room is now bare with no sign of Kashi or anyone aside from King Garlic himself, and a deathly silence that puts the King on edge.

   King Garlic- " Where did you go girl?"

   Nothing responds to King Garlics question and his facade shows some cracks. Just as he begins to speak again a breeze passes by, blowing his cape over his head. As this happens we all hear whispers on the wind.

   Kashi-" Get a look at the ego on this guy."

   Kashi-" I bet he has a small dick."

   Kashi-' He is definitely a Virgin, look at those two tone clothes. Like some cheesy villain."

   In a fit of rage he rips his cape off and screams out aloud.

   King Garlic- " Enough games girl show yourself!"

   The silence is all prevailing, until a sudden noise breaks the tense air in the room.

   Kashi-" Hehehehe.."

   King Garlic-" You dare toy with a King!?"

   King Garlic moves back towards the door on his floor and tries it again to no avail, but his decorum is long gone. He strikes the door in an attempt to break it down, but he fails to so much as scratch it.

   King Garlic- What have you done witch? You dare imprison me?"

   His power begins to rise but it has no effect on the room. He strikes at the walls, but they are strong, and resist all his attempts somehow.

   After he calms down King Garlic begins to hear something. It's footseps, It's hard to make out. They are accompanied by a voice that reaches your very soul. it all gets louder and louder as time goes on, until we can all hear the noise.

   

   Kashi-" In the darkness of the night, When the moon hides out of sight, There's a presence lurking near, Whispering things you fear.

Shadows dance upon the wall, As footsteps echo down the hall, Your heart beats like a drum, As you wonder what's to come.

Eyes peer through the gloom, Watching you in your room, A chill runs down your spine, As you know you're not alone this time.

You try to scream, but no sound escapes, As you feel a cold hand on your face, The darkness swallows you whole, As you become part of its soul.

Your screams unheard, your fate sealed, As you become one with the darkness revealed, In this realm, fear reigns supreme.

   King Garlic stomps downstairs towards where Kashi came from . It's hard to notice but it has become ice cold in the room and we can see his breath. When he arrives he tries that door as well, but it won't budge, and niether does the stone the underground room is made from. He is well and truly stuck. But before he can start another fit, the voice reaches him again.

   

   Kashi-" The darkness shrouded all around, As evil roamed the land, Its presence felt, its echoes sound, As it took hold of every hand.

It spread its poison, far and wide, And tainted all it touched, It whispered lies, and truths it hide, And left the world in such.

But in the heart of every soul, There burned a light so bright, A glimmer of hope that made it whole, And fought against the night.

And in that light, a flame so pure, That evil could not stand, It burned away the lies obscure, And freed the land from its command.

The death of evil, slow and sure, Was like a ray of sun, It banished darkness, made it pure, And all the battles won.

For in the end, the light prevails, And darkness fades away, And all the goodness that entails, Brings forth a brand new day.

So let us hold our light so true, And keep the darkness at bay, For evil's death is overdue, And love will have its say."

   Upon the ending of the poem we watch as King Garlic double over in pain bleeding from his eyes.

   King Garlic- " Grr. What have you done to me witch!"

   King Garlic begins to transform. Unlike his son he has red horns which sprout on his head his eyes and teeth change to a matching dark red color and he begins to rage inside the seemingly impervious room.

   King Garlic- " When I find you I will kill you and your entire family!"

   Before he could say much more another poem started.

   Kashi-"With horns and teeth and eyes of fire, The demon roamed the world so dire, It whispered lies and spread its fear, And left destruction everywhere.

It struck with lightning and thunderous roar, And left a trail of death and gore, It seemed unstoppable, unbeatable, A force to fear, a monster so terrible.

But in the heart of every brave soul, A glimmer of hope began to unfold, A plan to capture, to trap the beast, And bring an end to its evil feast.

They crafted spells and runes and charms, And gathered strength from all their arms, They chanted incantations pure, And prayed for strength to endure.

And then the demon appeared in sight, Its eyes ablaze with wicked light, It charged and lunged and roared with glee, But the trap was set and it couldn't flee.

The demon struggled and writhed in vain, As the spell bound it with chains and pain, It fought and screamed and cursed the earth, But all its power had lost its worth.

And so the demon was captured at last, A symbol of hope for all who passed, For in its capture, they saw the way, To fight against the dark of day.

So let us remember this tale so true, And never give up in all we do, For even the darkest of demons can be caught, And all the goodness that we sought.

    

  At the end of Kashi's poem, chains erupted from the ground wrapping around and binding the hulking form of King Garlic. Not enough to pin him to the ground but enough to keep him still.

   Bulma-" Will someone explain what is happening?"

   Ryan-" She is in his mind. Remember when she fell into the bookcase and then started a conversation? At that moment she slipped inside his mind. Everything since then has been a battle in their minds. King Garlic is unaware of that fact. It is also why his strength is seemingly useless. 

   The poems are Kashi wearing him down. With each poem he will fall deeper and deeper into the hypnosis. he has already lost. It's just a matter of time."

   Kami-" Mr. Popo, could you please split the mirror into 2 sections so we can watch both the mental battle and what is happening in her challenge."

   Popo-" Not a problem Kami."

    The image splits showing another image of Kashi overtop of the normal sized King Garlic with her hands on his head and her eyes locked onto his. He looks like pale sickly chemo patient, but very much alive.

   Kashi herself looks ragged. Her eyes are bloodshot and her white crystal is behind her continuously refreshing her stamina while the black one ensures no light reaches King Garlic.

   My attention is dragged back to the battle Kashi is leading on the mental plane when another and likely last poem starts.

   

   Kashi-" In the darkest of nights,

Amidst the howling of winds,

A mighty witch appeared,

With a heart full of sins.

Her eyes gleamed with power,

Her hair wild with rage,

Her words were like thunder,

Her stance, a deadly cage.

In front of her stood a demon,

With flames in its eyes,

Ready to take her down,

And leave her demise.

But the witch was unafraid,

For she knew her true might,

With a flick of her wrist,

She summoned the power of night.

The demon charged at her,

With all its fiery might,

But the witch stood firm,

Her magic burning bright.

She cast a spell so strong,

It shook the very ground,

The demon screamed in agony,

As it fell to the ground.

The witch stood victorious,

With a grin on her face,

For she had defeated evil,

And brought it to its rightful place.

And as the dawn broke,

And the world came alive,

The witch vanished into the shadows,

A true champion of the night."

   

   Inside the mental battle King Garlic was tied up by the chains. As the poem was recited, the ground quaked and split beneath him revealing an endless abyss that threatened to swallowed him whole, but Garlic was not one to seal so easy. He holds on firm to the edges of the he ground refusing to fall into the pit.

   King Garlic-" I will not die here today! Ahhhh!"

   

   King Garlic manages to stall his demise long enough for Kashi to drive the final nail to seal his coffin.

   

   Kashi-" In the dark of night, As the moon rose high, A chain was heard dragging, As a demon drew nigh.

He came from the depths, Of the fiery abyss, With eyes that burned bright, And a gnarled, twisted fist.

But the people did not fear, For they knew what to do, They gathered together, And began to construe.

With each tug of the chain, The demon was pulled back, Closer and closer, To the fiery crack.

And as the dawn broke, The demon was gone, Dragged back to his realm, Where he would forever belong.

The people cheered and rejoiced, For they had prevailed, Against the forces of darkness, And their courage never failed.

And so the chain remains, A reminder of that fateful night, When the demon was vanquished, And the world was made right."

   

   This time the poem was far stronger. Each of the chains that bound the king Garlic where pulled taught by faint images of people. Mother's, father's,  daughter's and sons. 

   Underneath of him the split in the ground turned red as the haze of heat drifted up. With each ghost that appeared the chains pulled harder, until King Garlic plummeted to his demise.

    

   King Garlic-" What a bitch!"

   

The battle on the mental plane came to an end and we watch as Kashi stands overtop of a braindead King Garlic. We all see her happily leave the challenge having successfully finished it.

   

Would you like to see more poetry in Kashi's fight scenes in the future?
  • Yes Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No Votes: 9 64.3%
Total voters: 14
5