Chapter 45. Challenge. Part 6.
203 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Popo- " Would you like to retrieve her as well Ryan?"

   Ryan-" Yes I will Popo."

   Popo-" You should hurry, the others shouldn't take much longer to finish."

   At the Pendulum Room I found Kashi stretching quietly, she knows better than to mess with people in situations like this. I gave her the same spiel as Bulma on the way, and we hustled to Chi-Chi's mirror to see her challenge."

   Kashi-" So how do I watch your challenge Ryan?"

   Popo-" You can't, he cleared the mirrors reserve after he finished it, but no worries, Gohan saw it all, I'm sure he will fill you in on the details."

  Ryan-" tch."

   Kashi-" Why is that? What did you do?"

   Bulma-" I bet it was a girl, he was messing around in there, weren't you?"

   Ryan-" I did nothing of the sort. Now let's watch Chi-Chi."

   Inside the mirror we see Chi-Chi appear just outside a village. As she looked around, Chi-Chi realized that she had been transported back hundreds of years to a time before even her father was born. She was in a small village, and in the distance, she could see a group of martial artists training.

   With a curious fire in her eyes, she approached the group and introduced herself. To her surprise, she learned that they were students of a legendary martial artist named Master Mutaito.

   We could all see she was determined to learn from him when she begged Master Mutaito to take her on as a student. At first, he was hesitant - after all, she was a young girl and Master Mutaito had issues with women fighting, but he soon saw the fire in her eyes and the potential in her talent.

   And so, Chi-Chi began her training under Master Mutaito. She learned to channel her inner ki, to control her breathing and movements, and to fight with both strength and grace. To a degree that Roshi and Gohan wouldn't dream of being able to teach.

   It wasn't easy. She had to work harder than she ever had before, and there were many times when she looked ready to give up. But with each passing day, she was growing stronger, faster, more focused. Under Master Mutaito's tutelage, Chi-Chi became a true martial artist, mastering techniques that had been lost to time and gaining the respect of the other students in the dojo. I looked over at Bulma and saw her sweatdrop a little at the extent of training being shown.
   
   The mirror skipped ahead to show us Chi-Chi sitting on an outcropping across from a gigantic waterfall that must be hundreds of meters wide. Beside her sat Master Mutaito who began to give her instruction.

   MM- "Today's test and the last test I have for you is in spirit control. I know you have plenty spirit, but you can never have enough control. Now watch my example closely."

   Master Mutaito focuses and a bright golden glow, exits his fingers much like a Dodon. The beam heads towards the waterfall but stops cold and instead it splits and extends itself left and right forming a dam that holds back a portion of the falls, diverting the water around it. Master Mutaito managed to hold back a third of the water with this technique before he succumbs to the strain.

   MM-" This here, is an example of true Spirit Control Chi-Chi. This is your Goal and your next test. I want you to hold back the falls."

   Chi-Chi-" How much?"

   MM-" All of it."

   Chi-Chi-" Ehh?? You didn't even do that! How is that fair?"

   MM- " Life isn't fair. Not get to it, I'll be back in the evening to check on your progress."

   He leaves quickly to the grumbling of Chi-Chi, but she sticks it out, doing the exercise, but it's slow going. And we see another montage of her training over the course of what looks like weeks, maybe months until it stops on a particular moonlite night.

   Chi-Chi is a skilled martial artist and had always been talented in the art of Ki control. She had trained for years to harness her inner energy and use it like her father. I had no doubt she could do this.

   We watched as Chi-Chi closed her eyes and focused her mind. She let her energy flow through her body, channeling it towards the waterfall. Slowly, she extended her hand and directed her energy towards the water. but this time she was distracted by the moon, so when she looked down to her surprise, the water had begun to slow down and soon came to a complete stop.

   Chi-Chi stood there for a moment, frozen in amazement, taking in the beauty of the frozen waterfall. We al knew that she couldn't hold the water back forever, but she looked determined to see how long she could keep it under her control.

   As time passed, Chi-Chi's concentration wavered, and the water began to trickle down again. Not one to give up easily, she pushed herself harder, calling upon her inner strength to hold the water back. She closed her eyes once more and focused all her energy on the task at hand.

   As she stood there, her body glowing with energy, we saw Master Mutaito appear behind her quietly watching her success.

   Eventually, after what felt like hours, Chi-Chi's energy began to wane, and she had to let the water flow again. But she looked extremely proud of what she had achieved, and I knew that she would continue to hone her skills and explore the limits of her abilities. This is not the Chi-Chi from cannon and I couldn't be happier.
  
   MM-" Congratulations, ChiChi, you have finished the last step of my training, what will do now?"

   Chi-Chi-" I think it's time to go home. Thank you for the instruction Master.

   MM-" You are welcome here anytime."

   With that Chichi finishes her Challenge. She comes back home having had the easiest challenge of all of us, but likely the longest, and with probably the largest gains. But Goku is still not done. 

   While the girls head out to get Chi-Chi, the rest of use join GG in watching Goku once more.
  
   In the mirror I saw Goku and Nappa alone in a quiet clearing in the forest.
Nappa sat with his back against a tree, looking up at the sky. Goku sat across from him, also leaning against a tree. They were both silent for a few moments, just enjoying the peacefulness of the moment.
Finally, Nappa spoke up.

   Nappa-" So how did you get such a long damn tail kid?"

   Goku-" What? You jealous."

   Nappa-" Don't make me come over there and rip it outta you brat..so tell me, what's with the tail?"

   Goku-" I ate some funny bean and it suddenly grew, that's the truth."

   Nappa-" Really?"

   Goku-" Really, really."

   Nappa-" Hmm, I bet if my mother was still alive she would be laughing at me telling me I should have ate my vegetables, then I'd have a tail like yours."

   Goku-" What's the big deal with tails anyways?"

   Nappa -" Are you seriously this stupid?"

   Goku-" Hey, that's not nice! you're the first Saiyan I met. How am I suppose to know?"

   Nappa-" Ahh...I still can't believe that by the way."

   Goku-" It is what it is. So you going to tell me what's so special about long tails?"

   Nappa-" It's nothing really, it's just said that guys, and gals with long tails, have the blood of Yamoshi, and the ladies love that. Nobody actually knows the truth though. It used to be a much bigger deal if you had a long tail before the Arcosians showed up. Ever since then, everything changed or so my father says. 

   The King used to be determined by a fair fight, but now it's about sucking up to the lizards. Anyone who speaks out or challenges the King politically just disappears to a blacksite cryo prison or mysteriously dies on a mission. It didn't use to be like this before. We had our pride as warriors. We didn't lie, cheat or steal. 

   Well, we stole, but we didn't do it to each other! Our Kings, and Queens weren't afraid of loosing either back then. But ever since those damned lizards showed up, we lost our ways. I don't know where you came from, but you should try to go back there after we get out of here. I know I would if I could."

   Chi-Chi and the girls return, and crowd around the mirror. I move aside to let them watch Infront since I can see over their heads. When I looked back the scene has shifted to what looks like Nappa training Goku. 

   Nappa stood tall on the rocky surface of the high-gravity planet, his arms crossed over his broad chest as he watched Goku approach him. I could almost feel the added weight of it pressing down on his small frame through the mirror.

   Nappa-"Alright kid, listen up. We are here here to train you to become a stronger fighter, and the only way to do that is by pushing you to your limits."

   Goku nods in response, He always loves a good challenge, and I could see that he knew, training with Nappa would be the best test of his strength.

   Nappa-"First things first, You need to learn how to move properly in this gravity. It's going to feel like you're carrying a ton of bricks on your back, but you need to learn how to use that weight to your advantage."

   With that, Nappa launched himself into the air, his powerful legs propelling him upwards with ease. Goku watched in awe as the older Saiyan soared effortlessly through the heavy atmosphere.

   Nappa"Watch and learn, kid,"

   Nappa called down to Goku, his voice barely audible above the rush of the wind his flight caused. We watched as he demonstrated how to use sharp turns midair to add even more weight to his strikes, and how he rolled with the momentum when needed. All the little things that you learn with time, Nappa carefully demonstrated.

   Nappa-"This is how a real Saiyan moves!"

   We watched as Goku took a deep breath, He gritted his teeth, determined not to let Nappa down. With a fierce cry, he launched himself into the air, his small body struggling to keep up with Nappa's swift movements.

   For an unknown length of time they trained mostly flying, pushing themselves to their limits under the intense gravity of the planet. Goku's muscles grew with exertion, his lungs gasping for air as he struggled to keep up with Nappa's relentless pace, until he passed out from exhaustion. And we watched Nappa pick him up and take him to their camp.

   The following day was the same, as were the many that followed. Until the next part the mirror focused on came into view, letting me see what exactly was going on.

   Nappa-" Your doing well kid. For the next few days I want you to take a break, and study some material."

   Goku-" I don't wanna study!"

   Nappa-" Quit your bellyaching, I just want you to understand where exactly we are. Besides, you only need to listen, it's all here on my scouter so put it on and listen closely to what it tells you."

   The scouter fit atop of Goku's head fine, and began to recite some information. I listened in closely Incase I could learn something important.

   Scouter-" Welcome to the world of Krynn, a former alien planet located in a far-off corner of the universe.  Krynn is a unique and fascinating planet, full of mysteries and wonders. However, it is not for the faint of heart, as its high gravity and dangerous creatures make it a challenging place to live or explore.

   Krynn's gravity is 20% greater than the gravity on Vegeta . This gravity also has an impact on the planet's atmosphere, making it thicker and more turbulent. As a result, Krynn's sky is often filled with dark, ominous clouds, and powerful storms are a common occurrence.

   Despite its harsh environment, Krynn is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna. However, its creatures are not to be underestimated. They are larger, more aggressive, and more deadly than anything found in the rest of the Galaxy. For example, there is a creature on Krynn called the Krynnian Deathclaw. It is a massive, reptilian predator that stands over six meters tall and is covered in razor-sharp scales. The Deathclaw's powerful legs allow it to run at incredible speeds, and its jaws are strong enough to crush a Saiyan spacepod.

   Another example of a dangerous creature on Krynn is the Thornback. This insectoid creature is about the size of a small car and is covered in sharp, spiky protrusions. It can launch these spikes at prey with incredible accuracy and force, making it a formidable opponent.

   In addition to its dangerous wildlife, Krynn is also home to two tidally locked moons. The larger of the two moons is called Vash, while the smaller one is called Keth. Both moons can be seen in the sky, at a certain latitutde. Their gravitational pull affects the tides and even the behavior of some of the creatures on Krynn. These moons also make this planet a hot destination for Any Saiyan wanting to learn how to control their transformation, just another reason to avoid this planet!

   Krynn also has mountains, and they are some of the highest in the galaxy. The tallest mountain range is called the Serranian Peaks, and they rise up to over 10,000 meters above sea level. The peaks are covered in snow and ice year-round, making them a beautiful but treacherous place to explore. The mountains are filled with dangerous ambush predators and the strongest creatures call these mountains home. It is advised that everyone stay away from those mountains. Power levels have been recorded at over 9,000 in this area.

   Despite its challenges, Krynn is a planet full of wonders and mysteries. Its unique environment and dangerous creatures make it a prime location for scientists and adventurers alike to explore, but only the bravest and most prepared individuals should attempt to do so.

   After Goku finished listening he asked a question I was curious about as well.

   Goku-" So why are you stuck here anyhow?"

   Nappa-" I came here looking for a new variety of saibamen seeds. I was sent on a mission by some egghead's to collect them for study, but the creatures here decided that my spacepod looked tasty. With it's destruction I had to wait for an the automated rescue ship to arrive, but the damn thing landed on the other side of the planet. You know the rest."

   Goku-" What are these Saibamen you keep talking about."

   Nappa-" You haven't seen one before?"

   Goku-" Can't say I have. Never even heard of it before. Is it tasty?"

   Nappa-" Hahaha, I can't say I have tried to eat them. Maybe youll see some wild ones. They are unique to say the least."

   The mirror stayed with them showing us small clips of their behavior all night long. It even showed how Nappa looked over the sleeping Goku. He wasn't the type to put a blanket on you in your sleep, but he was concerned for Goku in about as careing a way as most Saiyans are capable of. 

   Like most Saiyans Nappa was a product of his environment. This younger version is much nicer. He doesn't look to cause pain like his older counterpart. He isn't addicted to the cruelty of fighting yet, hell maybe this whole challenge is for Goku to make sure he doesn't loose himself. I imagine a group of therapists would have a field day with the Saiyan race debating endlessly about nature versus nurture.

   The mirror resumed at yet another scene I watched as Nappa ordered Goku to venture into the heart of the planet's wilderness, alone to face the most dangerous creatures and test his skills. after this last test, they would tavel across the mountains to get to the ship.

   As he walked through the dense jungle, Goku heard the challenging roar of a nearby beast. He prepared himself for the fight, his excitement apparent for all to see. The creature emerged from the foliage, a massive, muscular beast much like a Jaguar covered in thick fur and with razor-sharp teeth. Yellow eyes, and black fur. If it wasnt so oversized I would even think it cute.

   Goku stood his ground, his eyes fixed on the beast. As their eyes met the beast charged at him, its massive claws slashing through the air. Goku dodged the attack with a quick jump, and delivered a powerful punch to the beast's stomach.

   The beast roared in pain, but it did not back down. It charged again, and Goku leaped out of the way once more. He landed on a nearby rock, his eyes scanning the area for any advantage he could find. But the beast pressed him, forcing him to run towards the trees.

   With his legs straining against the planet's gravity Goku was slow. The beast charged after him, but Goku was too small. He slipped between the trees and He jumped onto the trunk of another, and began to run up its side. The beast quickly followed suit, and was at home up in the trees and was catching up quickly to Goku.

   Goku reached the top of the tree, and jumped onto a nearby branch. The beast followed after him, it's muscles bulging as it tried to keep up. Goku took a deep breath, and prepared himself for his next move.

   He launched a Ki blast at the base of the branch the giant Jaguar was on letting it fall along with the branch, he himself followed behind using his flight to increase his speed as he fell.

   Goku flew towards the beast with incredible speed. He was a blur, striking the beast over and over again. The entire way down. The creature roared in agony, its fur stained with blood. Goku dropkicked its back, and delivered a final blow that sent the beast crashing to the ground.

   Goku stood victorious, his chest heaving with heavy breaths. He had just defeated one of this planet's dangerous beasts.

   He continued his journey through the jungle, encountering other beasts along the way. Each fight was harder than the last, and Goku had to push himself to the limit to emerge victorious. But he never gave up, never backed down, never let the planet's gravity defeat him.

   The mirror skipped to an unknown time, but As the sun began to set, we saw Goku emerged from the jungle, covered in sweat and dirt. Almost entirely naked. It looks like He had faced every challenge the jungle had to thrown at him, and was all the stronger for it.

   We watched Goku returned to his small impromptu home, a small cave in the side of a mountain. He rested for a few hours, letting his body recover from the day's exertions. As he lay there, the mirror changed it's angle, showing us all Nappa who looked proud of Goku's accomplishments.

7