Chapter 49. Pushing limits.
217 8 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Ryan-" You gotta be faster than that."

   I return Goku's earlier words back at him as I make him dance to my tune. Constantly throwing metal spears at him. To keep him moving.

   SFX: swish, swoosh, fwoosh.

   Goku's has been on the back-foot ever since our fight began. I could certainly have ended this sooner, but I want him exhausted and pushed to to his breaking point and beyond, before I begin to really beat him up, I feel as if him feeling truly threatened would ensure the best results. To that end I have begun by using my materialization to chase Goku down, never letting him rest. But it seems he had had enough.

   Goku-" Take this!'

   Goku has begun hopping through the minefield of metal spears making his way towards me, but I can't let that happen, so I throw a few extras at him as he nears me, but to my surprise he starts to tear through the metal spears, as if they where made of paper, with a grin on his face, all the while still heading towards me.

   Goku-" Is that all!?"

   It seems I'll need to learn how to materialize better metals because Goku just tore through them easily. But the time for magic has ended.

   SFX- BOOoOOM!

   I had to meet Goku head on, this isn't just to push him, but myself as well.
As our punches hit each other Goku and I smile, this isn't the first or last time we have fought, and each time is exhilarating.

   I use my strength advantage and begin to bully Goku before he can retaliate. I push forward, dominating the clash, putting Goku into a spin as he twirls about in the air, followed by a sharp crack sounding out from my tail smacking Goku away into the distance. Where he lands in the deep snow. Instead of dogging him down I let him get back up and come at me again.

   Ryan-" I know you have more than that in you Goku, be serious."

   Goku-" You asked for it! Ahhh..."

   As Goku powers up, Ki starts to surround him. A violent, but normal yellow glow from his Ki begins to surround his body and arcs of Ki fly off into the darkening sky as he brings all his strength to the fight, but he doesn't charge me, instead he calms himself and maintains control.

   Ryan-" Impressive, I must say. Nappa sure did toughen you up."

   Goku-" He also taught me a few tricks. Let me show you what I learned!"
  
   The hair on my head, neck and arms all suddenly stand up straight and I feel the area flood with Ki. I jump up, back and away instinctively as the area I was in explodes violently. I take in the massive explosion as I call out to Goku through the haze of heat and steam.

   Ryan- "Nice technique, but that won't work on anyone who can sense-"

   SFX-" CRACKALACKA-BOOM!"

   Ryan-" Ahh!, Sonuvabitch!"

   Goku-" You talk too much!"

   Goku just struck me with Ki lightning just now...but how?
  
   As I'm reeling from the hit I try to regain control of my body, but I'm shaking, and my muscles are in a spasm. I'm struggling to find my balance and Goku is headed my way.

  I stumble into the snow, and as I fall, it sizzles from the transferred heat of his attack, showing me just how hard I was hit. I don't notice any actual injuries, but I'm seeing double and Goku is nearly on top of me.

   Goku-" Max...PUNCH!"

   My hasty guard is swatted aside by something unexpected. It seems Goku has taken Kashi's use of max power to heart as he punches me with a surprisingly powerful punch that almost knocks the air out of me. To my dismay I never let go of the ground with my Ki so Goku has free reign to hit me a few more times, with those oversized arms as I tried to gather myself, but he knows better, so he breaks my connection with the ground sending me flying off into a pile of snow and ice, before I could stand my ground he hit me with a sharp crack from his tail to my face in a bit of poetic justice.

   Goku-" Ha! Thank you for teaching me that one Ryan."

   At the bottom of the snow I regain my senses, and stand up dusting myself off, noticing that I'm actually hurt, and bleeding. It's just a bit from my lip, but that means I'll have to eat alot soon. I haven't had my defense broken in quite some time.

   Ryan-" That was great Goku, you have certainly gotten strong. Let's see how long you can last."
 
  ----Much later that day----

   Goku-" Ka!"

   Ryan-" Me!"

   Goku-" Ha!"

   Ryan-" Me!"

   Ryan-&Goku-" HAAaaa!"

   The end of our fight culminates in a beam clash that I find fitting. Goku is in his full max power form giving it his all, while I use my transformation. Normally he would be at a massive disadvantage, however, his use of the max power and his better Kamehameha technique almost close the gap..almost.

   I give the attack one last stern push, toppling the delicate balance we had, I can hear Goku trying to fight to hold it back but it's useless, he is spent and gets swamped by the power he can't divert, blasting him off into the distance.

   As he flies away much further than I anticipated. I realized my mistake and rushed after him. I can't risk him getting lost in this room.

   Ryan-" Wakey wakey, eggs and bacey."

   Hours later, I found Goku thrashed, butt naked, and unconscious, but very much alive. I'm sure he would recover just fine if giving tending, food, and time to heal. He wasn't in dire straights by any means. However, that would slow our training down far too much. This is plenty for a solid Zenkai.

   SFX: GGGROoWLL...

   Goku-" Bacon..."

   Ryan-" Even after our fight his stomach can be counted on to be a way to his brain. I shove the bean in his mouth and he instinctively chews, getting up a second later still missing his clothes which I promptly fix with some magic while I feel his gains from the Zenkai growing his power."

   Goku-" I lost..."

   Ryan-" Hahaha!, the only thing you lost was the battle. between the two of us you gained the most. We have plenty of time left in here anyways. Now let's get back to the entrance before the weather acts up."

   On our way back Goku asked me a question I didn't expect.

   Goku-" Hey Ryan, do you have any weapons in your hammerspace?"

   Ryan-" No, I don't think so. Atleast nothing that would stand up to the abuse you would put it through. Why? What's wrong?"

   Goku-" I just miss my power pole. Fighting is difficult without it. My limbs are just too stubby."

   I couldn't disagree with Goku's assessment. There were plenty of times during our battle that I was able to bully Goku from a position of advantage based on my reach.

   Ryan-" I'll look through my hammerspace when I get back. I might be able to give you something, but you'll have to learn how to enhance it with Ki."

   Goku- "Didn't GG say that was extremely difficult to do well?"

   Ryan-" Nothing worth learning is easy Goku."

   Once we made it back to the building we first went for some sleep. Bean or not, Goku wasn't at 100% and I was nowhere close. I was eventually woken up by my own stomach pleading for sustanance. Thankfully I had prepared for my quicksilver to need the fuel to make itself better long ago, even bringing the food myself in my hammerspace. While also being stored in shrunk capsule freezers. Time to get my cook on.

   While Kashi and I traveled hunting bounties, I had accrued quite the collection of various foods. From hard to find spices, from my past life, to rare exotic ingredients that I'm completely new to. I have started to accrue quite the collection.

   SFX- Shhhss, shpshh, sisszle.

   The aroma of an impossibly perfect wagyu steak filled the compound. Being filthy rich definitely has its perks. Right now I am cooking all 14 tomahawks from one of the many whole premium cows I bought. I Season them with salt, pepper, and cook on a high heat in a fancy compound butter to get a sear, then let it rest off of the heat covered. I make it through most of them. a few which are still resting before Goku wakes having caught the aroma assuredly.

   Goku-" FOOD!"

   Like an animal, Goku rushes me half awake. I can feel that his power has already grown, we don't have a scouter, but I'm sure he is over 2k now, I call hax. Saiyans are bullshit.

   Ryan-" Hey, Back-up!"

   I push Goku away with the metal tongs keeping him away from the grill.
  
   Ryan-" This isn't just any old meat, Goku. You are looking at some of the most expensive Beef in the world. This entire cow cost just over 300,000  Zenny."

   Goku-" Whoa! What makes it so special?"

   Ryan-" You'll see soon enough, go get cleaned up, I'll only need a few more minutes."

   I swear if I didn't make him he wouldn't bother with hygiene at all. A bath to him is just to relax most of the time. Regardless, he was back even faster than I thought possible.

   Ryan- " Take a seat, I'll bring you a steak, please take your time eating it okay? It is supposed to be enjoyed, i have plenty more to cook so there is no rush. we are going to have a carnivore feast."

   The steaks came out beautifully, and are so tender they needed no knife. Neither of us spoke entirely consumed by the heavenly taste of the premium steak. With no onlookers, Goku and I devolved into barbarians and were eating with our bare hands, maintaining only the bare minimum decency to chew with our mouths closed.

   Goku-" Ughhh no more, I can't look at it.."

   Ryan-" I can't say I feel the same, but I can imagine the feeling."

   I never thought I would be nostalgic for that overstuffed feeling from a great meal, but I feel satisfied in my own way.

   Ryan-" Hey Goku you remember when you said you wanted a weapon? Well I think I have an idea. For atleast something temporary."

   That got Goku's attention and I told him about the kachin ore I have, and the problems I'm faced with trying to manipulate it. I explained that if I can I can fashion atleast a crude Pole, that's strong enough to fight with, granted it’ll be heavy as all hell, in the higher gravity.

   Goku-" So we just need to melt it?"

   Ryan-" That's one way potentially. I have tried to use my magic, but no luck, it resists all attempts at my influence. It's either immune or I'm not at the level I need to be. Perhaps there is a trick to it, but it is beyond me."

   Goku-" have you just tried fire?"

   Ryan-" Well of course I tried..actually I only ever tried a bit of heat from Ki, not really all that hot. it shouldn't be any different than heat from wood or coals though right? Or maybe it simply wasn't hot enough?"

  Goku-" We could try again, maybe with both of us we can get it hot enough."

  And try we did. The room of spirit and time had very little that could burn and nothing that could burn that hot, so we used our own Ki. I fashioned a smelter using my magic out of temperature resistant materials I learned from Katas. and used the very floor of the impervious room as the crucible. I have a feeling nothing I have is up to the job of resisting the heat that will be needed.

   The smelter was made about two feet tall and three feet across, with three openings. On the top was an emergency vent I hope we won't need. On the left side another opening was present for Goku to use to funnel his Ki and create heat in a steady stream as hot as he can. The last opening was for me to work my elemental magic to maintain the argon gas I'm using to help protect against damage by oxygen or water interfering. With temperatures like these everything matters. I'm also using heat magic to cool the furnace and push the radiating heat back towards the sample of Kachin ore we are using.

   Ryan-" Alright Goku, I'm ready when you are."

   Goku-" Here I go!"

   Instantly I can feel the heat begin to build, and use my magic to start pushing it towards the center of the furnace. In minutes the furnace is glowing red hot despite my efforts at containing the blaze.

   Goku-" I'm almost out of steam Ryan, are we done yet!?"

   Ryan-" Ha! I can't see anything in there! Let's give it one last push, then we can find out!"

   I double down and call forth my tail,  and force all of the heat towards the center of the furnace with all I have. The magic is so strong the furnace cracks like ice and I can see my breath as all the heat nearby is under my control.

  Goku is ready and pushes aside the broken furnace, only to reveal a chunk of glowing hot ore.

  Goku-" Aww, I thought we had it for sure."

   Ryan-" I think we were incredibly close. Look at it. We burned out whatever impurities it had on its exterior."

   Goku-' What now?"

   Ryan-" Now we go to sleep, it's incredibly late. I have another idea, but it'll take me a while to figure it out."

   The following morning and the days after that I spent on trying to use my magic to recreate an effect I learned about my past life called induction heating.  

   My first test was to see if the Kachin ore was conductive at all, which it thankfully was. Then I began to setup a basic electromagnet by using an insulated copper coil wrapped around  an iron nail. This is the basis for an easy electromagnet my kids would play with. The part I'm missing is the electricity that runs through the coil, but some simple air magic can create the charges I need, once that's done I spend the rest of my time analyzing the copper coils by-product of heat until I'm sure I can duplicate it with solely nagic without the need for resources.

   I didn't spend this much time developing this technique just for Goku. If I can gain proficiency, this would work well against any ferrous monstrositys Gero Cooks up. By the end of the week I was already testing it on some magically materialized metals.

   During all of this Goku was practicing how to enhance a metal rod I made him. Made out of a tungsten alloy, it was durable on its own and challenging to create. Although it's a mundane solid pole, Goku adapted well and was incorporating his tail more and more into his routine. I imagine our next spar will be much more difficult.

   Ryan-" Hey Goku! Come give me a hand I think I'm ready!"

   While he sprinted over, I went through what I intended to do. I can't heat all of the ore at once, and even if I could do it, it still should be beaten to purify and reorganize itself into a solid structure without many weak spots, but honestly I don't think weak spots will be an issue anytime soon. As he arrives i break out the tools he will be using to help me fashion this new weapon of his.

   Goku-" So what do I need to do?"

   I summon an adaquetly sized hammer beside him, and a pair of tongs for him. Then begin explaining the plan.

   Ryan-" Once I heat the ore up, I'll need your help to beat it into shape. Once all the ore has been processed, we can reheat and join them together. I'll be heating it and manipulating the gases around it while I do so. These tongs are for you to hold and turn the ore and the hammer is so you can shape it and fold it. This is hard work, and won't be easy, but we will get better with time, are you ready?"

   Goku-" I'm ready!"

7