Chapter 53. Actions Have Consequences.
149 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(The lookout- A few hours after Goku and Ryan enter the hyperbolic time chamber.)

Bulma-" I'm bored!"

Bulma pouts immaturely while leaning against the wall in the foyer leading to the hyperbolic time chamber.

ChiChi-" Sigh... It is rather quiet with Goku gone."

Across from Bulma, Chi-chi lays on the stone floor of the lookout, unable to focus on her magic studies. She lets out a longing sigh, holding her head aloft with her hands as she stares at the door separating her from her love, almost willing it to open early.

Kashi-" That's because, like it or not, we revolve around them. Ryan's sheer presence can make the most boring activities fun, or at least tolerable."

Kashi says this from up high as she floats upon her black crystal ball, continuing to study the runes used to make the ritual that powers the time chamber.

Bulma-" Are you calling us lovesick Kashi? We are nothing like that."

Kashi-" I just think we have lost some of our independence is all. Even when we gathered the Dragon Balls last time we took Goku with us. the first time Ryan naturally took the lead. I merely think we may have lost some of our drive. Our motivations recently have been based in large on the boys, rather than ourselves. The wedding, learning to fly, and even our training, all involve them to some extent or are because of them. We should do something all on our own, just us girls."

Chichi-" I don't see anything wrong with that. I love taking care of my Goku, that is my personal goal. I can't wait to be his wife. We can buy a house and fill it with lovely children, and, and, and..."

As Chi-Chi's blush reaches supernatural levels, the women ignore the totally lovesick Chi-Chi and the conversation continues.

Bulma-" My personal goal was a boyfriend, and I got a fiance and an entire group of friends. That's not to mention a surprise sister that I'm beyond thankful for. I also developed the Awakening technique with Grandpa Gohan, climbed this ridiculous tower, and took part in that crazy challenge. I have also saved millions of lives and quite literally paved the path for humanity's future with that wish. I have done plenty thank you very much."

Kashi-" First, Chi-Chi. I hope you don't think Goku will change just because he gets married. He won't get any easier to handle, nor will he expect you to change. Keep doing what you are now or you may just find yourself unable to stand beside him anymore.

And second, Bulma, you are an addict. An addict of success. All those accomplishments are not solely yours either. The only thing solely yours is the power you now have inside of you, and your mother bested you in that regard. Not to mention you were pretty much coerced into both that and developing the technique, to begin with, just as much as you were baited with the room's magic to climb here and take the challenge."

Before Bulma could respond, a magical genie interrupted the trio of young women.

Mr. Popo-" Well said Kashi, Bulma has indeed grown much, as have all of you, but pride isn't always a negative quality. While some may consider it a character flaw, I believe it to be a great source of motivation for some."

Bulma-" Mr. Popo, may I ask what you are?"

Mr. Popo-"Why isn't it obvious? I'm the assistant to the Guardian of Earth."

Bulma-" No I mean, what kind of being are you? Your body seems to be composed of smoke, and shadows."

Mr. Popo-" Ohh my, it has been so, very long since someone has asked that of me. To answer your question, broadly speaking I am what is known as a Djinn, more accurately a Jinn. I am known as such for my noble nature dedicated to serving and protecting."

Bulma-" I can't say I know what they are."

Kashi-" You may better know of them as Genies Bulma. And no, they don't grant wishes."

Bulma-" Ahh! The flying carpet makes more sense now. But how did you end up here on the lookout?"

Mr. Popo-" As I said, I am a Jinn. I am by my very nature a guardian, sometimes a guide. Long ago I came into existence due to the needs of people, thus making me what I am now.

As the village that spawned me faced challenges, I used my magical abilities in the background. When Plague or famine struck, I was their secret guardian. I was an invisible presence, watching over and intervening in times of danger. My protective influence brought prosperity and good fortune.

Over time my influence was noticed. At first, it was simple words of gratitude spoken aloud as thanks, but word quickly spread, and one day, a sorcerer learned of my presence.

This was a dark sorcerer who coveted my powers. He wished to imprison me within a magical lamp and force me into servitude.

I was weak at the time. So young, naive, and trusting. Meanwhile, the sorcerer was knowledgeable and capable. I failed to elude his senses, while he eluded mine.

He killed the villagers down to the last child to free me from the magic that bound me to the very village I was born to protect. While I wailed in sorrow searching for the cause he successfully imprisoned me within his construct. After that, I spent many years in servitude. Bound to the will of the lamp holder and the lamp itself.

This was the way for many human lifetimes until Uranai Baba's late husband Igoras found and freed me from my captors. He did so even after I assaulted him at the behest of my master. Shortly after that, my life changed again. This time for the better.

Being unable to break the magic that binds me, Igoras brought my lamp and consequently me here to the lookout for safety. He believed the depth of the magical knowledge I had gained during my servitude was far too great of a risk to trust in the hands of fellow humans. He believed I would be safe here from the evils of humanity. Truthfully, I believe he was worried for Kami. You see Kami was just taking up the mantle of the Guardian at the time, and he was feeling immense guilt that caused his confidence to waver. I like to believe we helped each other, in our time of need."

Bulma-" Well that is certainly a depressing story."

Chichi-" Bulma! That's rude to say and disrespectful!."

Mr. Popo-" Haha, no worries Chichi, that was hundreds of years ago, and I have long learned to let go of the past. No need to be offended on my behalf."

Bulma-" Well thanks for sharing, but I'm still bored. You got anything entertaining for us to do while we wait for the boys?"

Mr. Popo-" Hmm, How about another trip, in the Pendulum room? Perhaps to a time when Roshi was young and began his training with Master Mutaito?"

Chichi-Bulma-Kashi-"Yes!"-" Hell NO!"-" A chance to torture the pervert in the past? I'm in."

Mr. Popo-" Sounds like you have been out-voted Bulma. Now come along girls, I'll prepare the room."

Bulma-" Wait... That isn't how this works..."

Chi-chi was the first to get up, following behind Mr. Popo closely. Then Kashi, came floating out of the room dragging an uncooperative Bulma along in a telekinetic hold.

Bulma-" Let me go Kashi! This isn't fair!"

None of the three maggots understood what was in store for them.

Mr. Popo-" Ho-Ho-Ho"

------Time chamber-----

Ryan-"My hair...I can't lose my luscious locks...why doesn't hair regrow? Magic is bullshit!"

Goku-" Look at what you did to my tail, Ryan! Look at it!

Looking towards his tail to see what he means, I see the horrifying sight of Freshly healed, hairless skin. The bones of his tail show through, covered by that wrinkly thin pink skin, just the sight of it turns my eyes away in disgust and I look toward his distraught face in sympathy, only to see his slightly singed hair that, I truly hope will regrow.

Goku-" I said, LOOK AT IT!"

The angry Goku shoves his wrinkly-skinned, bony tail in my face making me endure the horrifying sight as it wiggles about in his hands, like some kind of overgrown worm.

Ryan-" Okay, okay, enough, I'm sorry."

To punctuate my statement I make us both some new clothes and get out of the bed Goku had put me in, only to hear my stomach growl louder than ever before.

Ryan&Goku-" Food!"

We take off towards the kitchen with Goku leading the way, allowing me to see that the back of his head has a bald spot. All the hair there is entirely missing. I almost laugh, but that bony pink tail invades my vision, killing the moment.

As we finished the Sushi Goku spoke up, starting the conversation that I had been avoiding since I awoke.

Goku-" You almost died Ryan."

Ryan-" Yeah, I know."

Goku-" No, you don't Ryan. If I hadn't followed you out there, I wouldn't have made it to you in time. You would have bled out long before I reached you."

Ryan-" My Quicksilver would have kept me alive Goku."

Goku-" Your Quicksilver wasn't there at the time Ryan I think it was destroyed while protecting you. When I arrived, you were burnt to a crisp all over. You didn't have any skin left at all, your eyes were only intact due to the goggles that fused to your face. you lost your entire right arm, up to the elbow, and your toes, fingers, even your balls, and dick got burnt off over your ridiculous stunt."

Ryan-" You know, you sound a lot like GG right now."

Goku-" GG would yell at you far more than that. Instead, I just want to know why."

Ryan-" Why what?"

Goku-" Why design an attack like that? What has you so scared that you would try something so crazy?"

2