Ch10 Merumeru’s Dungeon
1.7k 9 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Merumeru emerged from the rift portal into a strange new land. She found herself standing on a red brick floor, beneath a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. Looking down, she saw that she was wearing a strange outfit: sturdy brown boots, blue overalls, a red shirt, white gloves, a fake mustache, and a red cap with the letter "M" on it. She guessed that the letter stood for her name, Merumeru.

Merumeru jumped for joy, enjoying her dress-up game. However, she was surprised to find that she could jump much higher than she thought possible. Not far away, she saw a cube of bricks hovering in mid-air. She ran up to it and jumped, touching it with her gloves. The bricks cracked apart into circular pieces and fell to the ground. To her surprise, they went through the ground and disappeared. She ran around some more, giggling and jumping. She found many more floating bricks that she jumped into, and they all disappeared into the ground like the first one. Eventually, she came across a strange brick with a question mark on it. She jumped up and hit it with her glove, making a weird noise. The question mark vanished, and a mushroom popped out and fell off. It landed on the ground and started floating away. Merumeru caught up to it and ate it. "A good snack after all this running and jumping," she thought. A moment later, her body began to change. There was a strange noise, and she grew twice her height in a few seconds.

 

Merumeru looked around in confusion. "What the heck just happened? Did I just get taller?" she thought to herself. She saw more floating bricks, but none with question marks on them yet. After walking a bit, she came across a creature that looked vaguely like a turtle. It had a green shell and a pale head, and it was walking towards her at a steady pace. The turtle had odd square-shaped eyes and a mouth that kept opening and closing as it walked.

She wondered if the creature was a monster. She waited for it to get close enough to talk to it. "Meru?" she called out.

The turtle responded by walking up to her and biting her. Her body made a strange sound and she shrank back down to her original height. She reflexively jumped up in the air. Feeling the need for revenge, she landed on top of the turtle's shell, stomping it with her black boots. This caused the turtle to retreat into its shell, and the force flipped it upside down.

Merumeru kicked the turtle shell, sending it spinning away. Strangely, the shell did not slow down as it rolled across the ground. Merumeru chased after it until it hit a large green pipe. Instead of breaking, the shell bounced off the pipe and headed straight back at her. Merumeru jumped up in the air, narrowly avoiding the shell as it whizzed underneath her.

Merumeru adored pipes. After seeing the pipe, the turtle shell was no longer of interest to her. The time she got to ride the pipe was the most enjoyable she had ever had. The only drawback was that she couldn't figure out how to get back into the pipe and ride the waters again. The water in the fountain kept pushing her out. It wasn't like the pipe in the river. The one in the river was more fun. Was this pipe a fun one like in the river or a boring one like in the fountain?

Merumeru jumped up on the green pipe and looked down. The pipe was big enough for her to fit inside.

Merumeru slid down the pipe like a child on a playground slide. She cheered as she rode the pipe into the ground. Merumeru emerged in a room made of gray bricks. It was dark, but there was enough light to see. This was strange, as there were no visible light sources. Two turtles paced back and forth on the ground. A row of gray floating bricks was overhead, and on top of them was a row of spinning gold coins. She jumped onto the floating brick platform and grabbed a coin. The coin vanished as soon as she touched it, and a "ching" sound rang out. A prompt appeared in the corner of her vision.

[Coins x1]

 

She liked the sound and proceeded to touch the rest of the coins making them vanish with the strange noise chiming out time and time again.

 

[Coins x10]

 

Merumeru thought it would be amusing to hop on one of the two turtles and flip it over. She then kicked the inverted turtle shell at the other turtle, which was struck by it. The turtle made a popping sound and was flipped upside down before being launched into the air. Instead of landing on the ground, it fell through the floor and vanished.

 

Merumeru hopped back down and looked around. ‘There are coins on the ceiling! This place is fun!’ she thought. She jumped back onto the floating brick platform and looked for more coins, but was disappointed to find that there were none. There was another green pipe sticking out of the ceiling on the other side of the room. Without her jumping powers, it would have been difficult to reach, but now she could launch herself into it.

 

Merumeru jumped into a pipe that carried her up to the surface. The pipe was several people tall. She stood on the edge and saw more floating brick platforms that she could hop onto. She jumped to one of them and climbed on. From there, she saw that there were more floating bricks that she could use to reach other areas. She jumped onto one and launched herself into the air. After going up a few levels of floating bricks, she saw a block with a question mark on it. When she hit the block,a green mushroom popped out of the block and started to fall off the edge.

 

'Wait! What if this mushroom has some kind of powers?' Merumeru thought. She went under the mushroom, grabbed it and ate it whole.

 

[Extra Life +1]

 

Merumeru was confused about the powers she had just acquired. She jumped off the block she was playing on to find a new one, but then she saw something strange. There was a green pipe attached to a floating block in the air. Why would someone attach a pipe to a floating block in the air? There isn't anywhere for it to go.

Merumeru went up to the block with the pipe attached to it and looked around for anything unusual that might give her an idea of what to do next. She stuck her head in the pipe and called out, "Meru?"

There was no answer, but she didn't care. She stuck her head inside and waited for something interesting to happen, but nothing did. She climbed into the pipe to see if it led to the dead end that would be the brick wall. Surprisingly, it went through and came out of another pipe.

She exclaimed, "Oh! That's how they're getting around!" as she climbed out of the pipe. She found herself on another floating block of bricks. She checked the other side of the block for a pipe, but there was none. She found another block with a question mark on it and jumped up under it. The mushroom that came out fell down a large hole in the ground. She regretted missing the mushroom and stared at the hole, which seemed to have no bottom. She sighed and vowed to get the next one.

She ran off down the floating blocks to find more question mark blocks and another strange green pipe. When she found one, she would be ready for the mushroom that came out of it!

 

The slime girl hopped from block to block, searching for more question mark blocks. She crushed the block next to one she found, then hit the block itself. A mushroom popped out, and she quickly snatched it before it could disappear.

She examined the mushroom to see if it was different from the first one, but it wasn't. "What's your power?" she wondered aloud as she ate it. Her body made a strange noise as she grew to twice her adult size. She cheered herself on and continued exploring.

She soon found a pipe with a plant sticking out of it. The plant looked like a giant mouth with leaves attached to a stalk. It opened and closed rhythmically, making a "glub glub glub" noise.

Merumeru approached the mouth. The plant tried to eat her, but she jumped into its mouth and melted away all the plant matter with her slime. The pipe was no longer blocked as a result. "All pipes must be unblocked so I can slide through them," Merumeru declared, judging the plant for the sin of pipe blockage.

 

Alex was sitting in a chair reading a book in another dungeon when his phone rang. The screen displayed:

[Man-eating plant used chomp on Merumeru; it is ineffective.]

[Merumeru uses dissolve on Man-eating plant; it is super effective.]

Alex looked up at his phone, which was still on the charger. He said, "Huh?" and then shook his head. "That girl," he said. "I wonder what trouble she's getting herself into now."

Merumeru continued laughing playfully and she darted all round the area. She collected 20 more gold coins that were floating in mid air. Many blocks were busted and many pipes were cleared of vegetation. Eventually she came to a series of blocks that led up to a ramp. She saw a flag on a pole that was way high up. But there was an odd orange spiky shelled creature in the way. She jumped on it thinking it would go inside the shell like the other turtles. However, instead the spike pierced her boot and she made a strange noise as she shrunk back down to little girl sized. Respecting a worthy foe, she ran away and backtracked trying to find another question mark block. Eventually she found one high up on some floating blocks. 

 

A star yellow came up out of the block. Unlike the mushroom this star bounced around. Merumeru the swift would not be foiled so easily. She ate the star and her body started flashing intensely. She felt invincible Merumeru jumped up on top of the block and back to the ground. She landed on a turtle but instead of turning upside down it just fell through the floor. She ran up to another turtle and touched it. The turtle just flew into the air upside down and fell through the floor. Thinking this could be the power to defeat the spiked creature she ran back and touched it. The creature flew up in the air upside down and fell through the floor as well. Merumeru then ran towards the flag and grabbed onto it. She got the flag and headed to the other side of the flagpole. There was a red brick castle with a strange man who had a mushroom for hair that looked like a hat.

 

The slime girl said, "Merumeru."

The mushroom man replied, "I'm sorry, the princess is in another castle."

The slime girl laughed and said, "Meru me Merume!"

The mushroom man was surprised and fell over, but he repeated himself, "I'm sorry, the princess is in another castle."

The slime girl rolled her eyes and said, "Ru Ru meru."

The mushroom man shook his head and said, "The princess is in another castle."

The slime girl pouted and said, "Meeeeeruuuu."

The mushroom man said, "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're saying."

The slime girl peeked into the castle and said, "Ru ru ruru rurururu."

The mushroom man frowned and said, "The princess is in another castle."

Merumeru was frustrated that the man couldn't understand her, so she ran inside to explore the place. She saw two green pipes sticking out of a block and said, "This is where I want to go!" She climbed into one pipe and slid down a long, fun slide. At the end of the slide was a watery portal. She slid through it.  

A voice rang out in her head: [Dungeon cleared!  Plumber class acquired. Accept? Y/N]

Of course Merumeru would accept.

Merumeru tumbled out in the basement where she had started. A flamingo was there, looking relieved that Merumeru was unharmed.

Edited 7-24-2023

56