Arc 1: The Meeting – Chapter 5
1.3k 5 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"


Arc 1: The Meeting - Chapter 5

Hey, crazy voices. Glad to see you're back. I've already finished reading the Ten Shadows Technique and discovered it's a different version of the original but kept nearly the original features, including some of its limitations. Just a few differences here and there, with some upgrades that make this Jujutsu stronger than it already is.

On another note, I've discovered that there are some side effects to taking in so many cheats. For one thing, I develop headaches easier and at random sometime, which is temporarily solved by Delayed Effect and Lion's Heart. Even using Zetsu if I'm low in aura. I guess my brain needs more time to adapt to these cheats than the rest of my body.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised since I've been trying to absorb too many cheats in a short time.

First is Nen, the second is Regulus' version of the Authority of Greed, then the third and last is the Ten Shadows Technique. All three were obtained in two days, with the first two being gained yesterday.

Overall, I'm already beyond ahead start compared to most other people in my position, aka being sent into other worlds.

So after breakfast and getting a good show of watching Nyarla changed out of her pajamas while I cleaned the place, which I should've done yesterday, but too many things were going on.

So Nyarla changed into the daily outfit she usually shows on the webtoon. She wears a white long-sleeve button shirt that is tight around her breasts, a black mini-skirt that barely hides her white pantie, and black shoes. Around her neck is the necklace she wears even in bed.

Not going to lie, but that mini-skirt needs to be turned into a long one because I can see Nyarla's pantie too easily every time she bends over. It was by luck yesterday that it wasn't windy, or else she would have flashed who knows how many times to the crowd with her mini-skirt. But, at the same time, I wouldn't be a man if I were to tell her to change her mini-skirt to something else.

Anyway, Nyarla and I've left the apartment to do some grocery shopping, and this time we'll buy more than just ingredients to make cheeseburgers. Because who knows if the next world we end up in will be a modern-day setting-type world?

I mean, if Nyarla's ability to travel to other worlds would require a door to work with, then we're kind of screwed until we find one somewhere throughout that world.

So, with that problem in mind. I kept track of any doors available to return to Nyarla's apartment without drawing people's attention to us when using said doors.

"No, Nyarla. You already have enough sugar as it is." I took the box of cookies from Nyarla before she could put it into the shopping cart.

"Aww, come on, Jin." Nyarla pouts at me.

"Nyarla. You already have a box of powdered donuts. A bag of marshmallows, a bag of potato chips, and even a pack of coke." I point out many unhealthy things in the shopping cart.

"That isn't much, though." Nyarla continued to pout and reach to grab the box of cookies, but I just grabbed her hand before she could and dragged her away. "My cookies!"

"No, Nyarla." I repeated myself, ignoring the looks we were getting from the crowd. "Just be happy I'm letting you have these."

"But, these aren't enough..." Nyarla didn't try to shake my hand off.

Which is a relief since I had to deal with spoiled kids in the past as a babysitter. But I shouldn't treat Nyarla like a child, not with a body like hers.

"How about this? I'll let you have dessert tonight." I offer to make Nyarla stop thinking about those cookies.

"Are you going to make dessert, or just let me eat my snacks?" Nyarla looks at me suspiciously.

"I'll make a dessert you want." I answered, which I knew would cause Nyarla to become excited and start dragging me around the grocery another round to grab what she wanted for dessert.

It's a good thing I have learned the Ten Shadows Technique. Otherwise, carrying everything back to the apartment would be a bit impossible. Since we do not own a car and there aren't any unlocked doors for us to use. So, I'm glad to have my shadow act as storage.

Now, we're searching for a game store because Nyarla wants to buy more video games. As with most of the games she has played in the past, she had played them multiple times already with a select few saved for when she honestly bored out of her mind.

Sorry for ignoring you guys. Nyarla is the main priority, and I'm still trying to find out what world we're in. So far, I can't find any familiar characters, or I'm in one I have zero knowledge of. It wouldn't be a shocker if that were the case.

Anyway, sorry again, crazy voices. I'll try my best to keep talking to you guys often, but with this whole caretaker job going on, including gaining more cheats after my brain finishes adapting to its new changes. Speaking of cheats, which one do you guys think is the most useful of the three I've obtained?

In my opinion, I would say the Ten Shadows Technique is mainly for shadow storage alone and being hidden inside any shadows. So I can go all ninja on many people from this alone, where none but those that could use shadows, and many will start being afraid of their own shadow for thinking I might be in them—watching them until they let their guards down.

Now that's a scary thought and a frightening thing to experience.

I frown as someone tries to be sneaky and get a cup feel of Nyarla's butt; however, not on my watch. I have En on 24/7 at this point and a blast of Ren to you.

Yeah, you better run, you horny bastard. I should really figure out how to take care of sexual needs soon, or else I'm bound to go crazy... well, crazier than usual. Honestly, guys, you really need to speak more and not just stay silent the whole time. Ever since I met Nyarla, you guys haven't said a word to me compared to the past.

It's getting a bit lonely without having any crazy voices to speak with...

I blast another horny bastard with Ren to make them leave, but this one doesn't run away and instead moves even faster toward us. That alone cause me to feel something terrible is about to happen. So, I didn't hesitate to pull Nyarla by her waist to get her out of the guy's way at the last second, causing the guy to blindly run past where Nyarla was and crash into someone else behind us.

"Where you're going! Are you blind or something?!" The person that was crashed into screamed in a fury, going far as start hitting the guy in the face—showing no mercy.

The guy wasn't even trying to defend himself and continued to stare at Nyarla while I carried her, with fierce eyes that wanted to devour her. I don't know if that means sexually or legit want to consume her body like cannibalism. Oh wait, I don't even think Nyarla is human, to begin with. So it might not be cannibalism?

Nonetheless, Nyarla is someone I have to watch over and care for, so either one isn't going to work. Especially how this guy is a stranger and doesn't seem to be in the right mind.

Yeah, I understand crazy voices. I'm not in the right mind either, but at least I know what's right and wrong. Of course, doing the right or bad things is debatable.

"Where the hell are you looking at?!" The person yelled angrier and began strangling the guy.

Okay, this world might not be a good one to stay in for too long. Let alone this weird guy that ignored my bloodlust, no matter how artificial it was, by having Ren backing it up, but the other person isn't normal either. Strangling someone for just crashing into them, but then again, angry people would do crazy things in moments of rage.

I start walking away with Nyarla still in my arms and get far away from these two weird people. Once we're far away, I place Nyarla down.

"Sorry for carrying you without your permission, Nyarla." I smile at her.

"It's okay!" Nyarla smiled at me, not caring one bit. "Let's go buy some video games!"

I shake my head at this.

"Alright, but if we don't find one. We better head home before the day is over." I said to Nyarla, "I rather not find out what trouble we might find during the night."

"What do you mean by that?" Nyarla tilts her head in puzzlement.

"Oh, nothing much. Come on; we don't want the store to close by the time we find one." I gently push Nyarla to move forward.

"Okay!" Nyarla smiled cheerfully.

I mentally sighed in relief that Nyarla didn't question me further because I couldn't even try to explain why I didn't want us to stay in this world out in the open with the sundown, especially how there is a high chance of meeting with others who like that weird guy that ignored the bloodlust created with Ren.

A few hours later, I am now frustrated and annoyed that we had not found the game store. Also, my guess from before turns out to be true. Under the detection of En, I can sense multiple people slowly gathering around Nyarla and me from the shadow. However, something or someone is stopping them from coming closer.

I know it isn't me because I've been blasting them with Ren this whole time now, and it does nothing to them, not even a flinch. I would have used Delayed Effect, but I don't have enough aura to affect all of them with how many of them there are. So yeah, something is really wrong with these people. I don't know if it's due to Nyarla's existence alone or what, but I'm already debating about attacking them than just continuing to try to intimidate them into leaving us alone.

It's a good thing Nyarla doesn't seem to notice the people following and watching us from a distance. If I remember correctly, she almost ignores the crazy stuff around her and moves on with her business.

But, on a serious note. These people give me bad vibes, putting me on edge.

Luckily, I have ways to deal with them in case things go south, thanks to having three cheats and killing them or being punished by the Boss. I'm willing to put down my guilty conscious and deal with them.

"I'm hungry, Jin. Let's go home. We can try tomorrow." Nyarla rubs her stomach.

"Sure." I agree, then lead Nyarla to a nearby building that should have unlocked doors for Nyarla to use and quickly get away from these creepy people who haven't said a single word up to this point. Hell, I think the size of the people in the shadow grew with each new person we came across on the streets and seeing them silently join the group.

36