Chapter 8
6.2k 15 224
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Ferdinand Alcott - Northern Noble|

"Can you say it one more time?"

I can see my head butler nod his head.

"The southern nobles have built a clinic and now it has spread to the entire Southern Land."

"How? They should not be able to build it because of the Royal Edict and who is the one leading this project?"

"The one leading this project is the Cunningham Family, more specifically, the heir of the Cunningham Family, Gwyndolin."

"Gwyndolin? He just had his awakening, right? What kind of talent did he get?"

"The spy we have in that territory reported back saying that Gwyndolin has two talents."

"Two talents? Hmmmm."

Having two talents can be considered rare. They can be said to be geniuses among men. Two talents is an individual that appears every hundred years, but even then, some people have more than two talents.

Sadly, those kinds of people are rare.

"What kind of talents does he have?"

"It was a [Druid] and something called [Astrologian]. We do not know what kind of talent it is. Only the church who holds the description of the talent knows other than Gwyndoling himself."

I see. I can ask the church about the description of the talent, but it requires me a lot of money to bribe them. Should I send someone to the church? Yes, let's do that.

"Vir!"

"Yes, my lord."

"Send someone we trust to the church and give them a donation for their good works. In exchange for the donation, I want the description of the talent Gwyndolin Alexander Cunningham has."

"Of course, my lord."

"Good. Go."

Vir bows at me and walks out of the room.

I don't mind losing a good sum of money because I know I need to destroy the clinic in the south. The Alcott family is a well-known family that always produces great healers; we exploit that fact.

We are the ones who make sure the south cannot build a hospital and use any healing power to heal their people. Because of this edict, we rose to power, and our family can be considered one of the wealthiest families in the world.

There are a lot of people in the south, and each year, they need a lot of healers to heal their soldiers and peasants. That is where we come from. We will ensure our service's price is always high but not too unreasonable.

This scheme became our main income. Fifty percent of our income comes from the south, asking us to heal their people. If the clinic spreads, that income will be gone, and our family will go back to becoming a farming house.

I don't want that.

I will make sure the south stays like before. Their suffering will be my stepping stone to reaching a new height. Even if I must go to war with them, I will ensure they stay like before. They are nothing but barbarians, after all. Their life is worthless to us, the northern noble who the Goddess blesses.


|Gwyndolin A. Cunningham – Heir of Cunningham Family|

It has been four months since the project started, and I must say that it has been growing steadily. The clinic became something the other lords agreed with my father and me. Just like him, they never thought that the edict had a loophole that they could use.

Because of this, many letters came from fellow southern nobles asking my father if we could supply the potions and teach their people how to make, use and store them.

Because of this, I need to mass-produce my potions even more. Luckily for me, the golems in my secret lab do not need food to make the potions, and I can summon three hundred of them with a single item.

That's right, single items. In the game, you can only use one pendant at a time, but here, I can use as many pendants as I want. After knowing this, I put all the powerful rings and necklaces I have inside my guild base.

And now I have more than a thousand golem workers for me to order around. They are working as potioneer and farmers on my private land. Father and Mother already know about this and even make sure the secret of my private land does not get out.

We decided to make a dummy medical farm on the opposite part of Cunningham territory. While this land produces a lot of medicinal herbs and plants we need for our potion production, it was not the main one.

And this plan is working because I can see many people snooping around the farmland. I use spells called [Spying Tree] and [Watching Star] to spy around the farmland  [Spying Tree] is a skill that lets me spawn a tree that can be disguised into other trees to watch the area around it.

[Watching Star] has the same effect but can only watch an intruder at night. A perfect skill because [Spying Tree] spying ability decreased significantly at night.

"Young master!"

I snap from my thoughts and look at my back. I can see the head maid, an older woman in her mid-fifty. She is called Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth, what can I do for you?"

"Young master, You need to go back!"

"Woah, calm down, Elizabeth  Tell me the reason why."

"Monster, young master  A powerful monster has appeared just outside the city  You need to go back!"

After she said that, I could hear a loud roar coming from the distance. They are coming from the wall of the city. I frown a little and get up from the ground. As I get up, I can see a massive monster in the distance.

"Is that a minotaur?"

"Yes  I was a terrible Minotaur!"

Minotaur is just like in Second Life. It has the body and head of a cow, but it stands on two legs. It is bigger than the one in Second Life and also wields a weapon instead of using its bare hand to attack players.

"Come, young master  Lord Alexander is already preparing to face the Minotaurs and his army."

"No."

"Come on… Pardon me?"

"No  The people will die if we let them come  I will hold them or maybe kill them."

"Young master?!"

I cast [Fly] and quickly fly at the monster ignoring the old maid. I arrive above the monster and see a thousand monsters following the Minotaur. I can see the Minotaur look up and roar at me.

Seven cards fly out of my inventory, and I grab my staff before pointing it at the sky.

"My name is Gwyndolin  You dare to attack the city protected by my family  I shall kill you  [Control Weather]!"

The sky darkens, and lightning starts to appear in the sky. As the sky gets even darker, I point my staff at the Minotaur and its army.

"Taste the wrath of Cunningham!"

The sky released a massive thunder and hit the Minotaur.


Hey, I have Patreon. If you want to support me and read my other work, or if you want to donate and buy me some coffee, you can directly send it to my Paypal. You can click the button below if you want to support me. Thank you for reading my work, and have a good day!

 

A little bit short because of some IRL stuff happening, sorry about that 

224