Chapter 7
6.7k 14 240
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Gwyn"

Gwyn snaps from his reading and walks toward the door when he hears his father's voice. As he opens the door of his room, he can see his father and mother behind the door.

"Mom, dad?"

After he says that, Cecilia squeals and hugs her son tightly, looks at her husband with a grin on her face, and says.

"See?! He called us Mom and Dad! Just like when he is a child."

Alexander can only sigh at his wife's behavior and shake his head, but his smile tells another story. He enjoys being called Dad by his son after Gwyn takes a class in etiquette and starts to call him and his wife Father, and Mother.

It was too formal for him and sounded like the pompous northern nobleman.

"I can hear it, dear. Now, can you release him? We still tell him the good news after all."

"No!"

Gwyn can only sigh at her mother as he can see her mother locking her legs and arms around his body like a sloth hugging a tree. After signing once more, he decides to let his mother do what she wants and sit on the bed while his father takes a chair for him to sit on.

"You want to talk about some good news, dad?"

"Ah, yes. After checking the Royal Edict, I can inform you that you can open up your Apothecary and Clinic. As long as you do not use healing spells openly, we can use this to heal people. Why in the hell did I never think of a loophole like this?! Dammit!"

Cecilia releases her son and walks toward her husband before patting his back.

"You don't need to worry about it, dear. None of us realize it because we have been told since a child that we cannot do that."

Alexander nods his head and says.

"Even then I should read the edict when I take over as a lord. If I do that, we will know about this loophole and a lot of people will survive."

Both adults stay silent as they regret their ignorant past. Seeing his parents depressed, Gwyn gets up and says,

"You don't need to worry, father. It was not your fault. The fault is located in the Royal Family. They are the ones who banned all of us from building a hospital. All of the innocent souls are in their hands for they are the one who kill them."

Alexander and Cecilia look at their son in awe. Gwyn does not know it, but he has a passive skill called [Avatar of the Stars] and [Nature's Herald] that make him a charismatic leader that can make a thousand people believe his words.

In Second Life, [Avatar of the Stars] and [Nature's Herald] are useless passive abilities that the Dev put inside the game as a joke. Each class of its joke skill, and [Astrologian] and [Druid] have these two.

The skill did nothing in gameplay. It did not give anything to his stats or skill. However, this joke skill is created by the game for the role. These skills are proof that Gwyn reaches the maximum level, which is rather hard because people need to sacrifice a lot of their time in the game to reach the maximum level.

According to the lore, [Avatar of the Stars] and [Nature's Herald] give the user a tremendous charisma that easily sways people if the user puts his mind to it. You cannot be the avatar of the Stars and Nature's herald without charisma.

Because of this reason, Alexander and Cecilia believe what he is saying.

"That is why you did not need to blame yourself, dad. You are a great lord, you are a kind lord and you are a just lord. You put your people first before yourself and you make sure our territory did not suffer from an attack, be it from the outside or from the inside. You are a great lord."

Alexander looked at his son for a few seconds before a lone tear came out of his eyes.

"Thank you. Thank you for saying that to me."

"You don't need to thank me, dad. I'm only telling the truth."

Cecilia looked at her family from the side with a smile on her face. She let father and son hug each other for a minute before she had a fake cough.

"Ahem! I think we should get to business, okay?"

"Ah, you are right! Ahem, Gwyndolin Alexander Cullingham!"

Hearing his father's commanding voice, Gwyn quickly straightened his posture and looked his father right in the eyes.

"Right, my lord!"

"As the lord of this county, I order you to watch over the construction of the Clinic and Apothecary in this territory. I will leave you a thousand men under your command and make sure the construction is going smoothly."

"Yes, my lord."

"I also give you a piece of land to our east. This will be your private island, use it to make sure our territory flourishes and prosper. Lastly, I will give you one hundred thousand gold to complete your project. Can you do it?"

"Yes, my lord."

"Good. Now go and make me proud!"

Gwyn smiles at his father and walks out of the room. He has a few people to talk to.

After he left his room, Alexander looked at his wife and said,

"We have a great son, huh?"

"The best. It was coming from my family."

"Oh? I think it was coming from my family."

"No! Mine."

"Mine."

And just like that, both husband and wife bickering at each other.


It has been a month since he got permission to build the clinic and apothecary, and the construction is almost finished.

Gwyn wants to use an item inside his inventory to boost the construction, but he refuses to use it. This item is called [Pendant of Golemancy]. This pendant can summon two hundred golems that he can order to do the building project.

They can work all day non-stop and increase the speed of the construction. However, he decided not to do that because his people needed the work. He cannot just take away their work after his father already announced to the masses that the Heir of the Cunningham family needs a lot of people for his project.

He decided to use them when he reached step two of the project, mass-production of potions.

He already saw the land his father gave him. It was a small clearing in the eastern part of Cunningham's family territory. It was a forest surrounded by hills. Alexander knows that once the potion production is going, the northern lords will send a lot of spies to learn where the ingredient is coming from and try to sabotage it to make sure the Southern Lords will always depend on them.

That's why Alexander gave his son a land hidden from the outside eyes. Also, this place is a private land his family uses for vacation, so it will not attract unwanted eyes when his son goes there with many guards accompanying him.

Not only was it hidden, but the land was also able to grow the plant from Second Life, and he could harvest the plant in two days using his [Druid] skills called [Accelerate Growth].

"Maybe mass production is the third step? The second one will be the potion testing."

Cecilia already tests the recipe Gwyn has, and the result is a match. The potion is the same as the one in Second Life.

"Now, the only thing I need is a workshop for the potion's production and a secret one for myself."

He says the last part inside his head because while he wants his mother and her group of people to make the more delicate potion, he wants his golem to produce the low-level potions that he can sell to others.

Gwyn looks at the building that is almost finished in front of him and smiles a little.

"A new age of prosperity will arrive in the Cunningham family. I will make sure of it."


Hey, I have Patreon if you want to support me and read my other work or if you want to donate and buy me some coffee, you can directly send it to my Paypal. You can click the button below if you want to support me. Thank you for reading my work, and have a good day!

240