Chapter One-Hundred and Thirty-Six: Good News Everyone, I have Presents!
1.8k 5 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now that is an accessory! Holy if I ever have to make another one of these it will be too soon!” Drake exclaimed, slumping back in his chair, and looking at the jewelry on the table satisfied.

 

[Mage’s Necklace of Disruption [F Grade] [Rare]

  • +15 to Intelligence and +10 to Wisdom
  • Extra Effect: This necklace contains the power of the elements disrupting the mana flow of the wearer. Identification effects will be impeded and results changed to the wearer's desired information. (This does not affect Identification skills or spells above Rare Rarity or F Grade Quality)
  • The Mage’s best weapon is information, this necklace encompasses the wish of every Mage in giving out false information at the behest of its wearer.

 

“Finally, some good fucking equipment!” Drake laughed, “And all the other stuff we made with it, I’d say it’s been a productive month!”

Drake looked at the new colored rings on his hands, their blue sheen glowing with a hint of red from the fire of the forge behind him, the sound of Lamar hammering away on something or another in the background.

Are we finally done with this dreary place? I may have passed the time by watching your memories, but even your embarrassing black history is not inexhaustible…” Natto sighed.

You really went through most of my past just like that? I feel like I should feel violated for you not asking for permission….But eh, I’m sure I’ll make more embarrassing mistakes so it's whatever. Drake thought, shrugging as he swiped the colorful silver chained necklace from the table standing up.

Drake felt the cool metallic surface of the necklace in his fingers before placing it around his neck. A screen interface popping up immediately as he did.

“Oh, that’s new. It reminds me of the introduction…. Hmmm,” Drake hummed looking over the options, “Well, it looks like most of the options are pretty basic. I can choose from any of the basic classes and a few low-rarity advanced classes from there. I can also just choose to block the information altogether… Good to know, we’ll block it all for now and deal with it when we get out of the tutorial when we need to spread more misinformation. No point in doing it now, since I assume most people know who I am and what I can do.”

Can we eat now? It is getting towards dinner time, I am surprised Claire is not here with the small glutton to haul you off to the kitchen,” Natto snickered.

Drake was about to respond before as if on cue, the blond and black-haired pair walked into the tent in sync.

“Speak of the devils,” Drake scoffed.

“Who’s a devil?” Claire humphed, turning her head.

“I want my food dude, it's like A minute after dinner already…” Sherry complained.

“Are you still mad?” Drake asked Claire, ignoring Sherry for the moment, “I’m not going to apologize for prioritizing making sure everyone is safe. I made that very clear weeks ago. But I did just finish so here,” Drake smiled, moving behind Claire, placing a necklace around her neck.

“Huh? What’s this?” she asked curiously, her face blushing as she tried to keep her scowl.

“It’s a vitality necklace I made while working. It will make sure you don’t get one shot by anything unexpected at least in the tutorial,” Drake said satisfied.

Claire turned her hand on the purple gem in the middle of the pendant of the necklace.

“Oh… It’s beautiful…. Did you make one for everyone?” Claire asked hesitantly, knowing Drake cared for the group and would have made accessories for everyone.

“Nope,” Drake said, waving his hand dismissively, “Yours is one of a kind. Has to be at least some benefits to dating the boss right?” Drake smiled, “Everyone else gets just regular rings, I have a set for everyone,” Drake explained, plopping several sets of rings into Sherry’s hand.

Drake looked at Claire, her brilliant blond hair going slightly past her shoulders now, growing over the past month of their ‘break’ from monsters and fighting. It glowed with a red hue from the fire.

The necklace was cast in gold, and the large purple gem was placed in a mana-infused silver inlay for a beautiful contrast with the overall design. Drake wouldn’t tell her but, it was the best piece he crafted over the month, and honestly the most intricate.

“Alright. Time to eat! I also have to hand out all this shiny new bling I got everyone!” Drake shouted, “Lamar, you coming?”

Lamar didn’t look up from his work, just giving Drake a terse grunt.

“Alright don’t take too long or there won't be any food left,” Drake responded giving the cyclopean a wave as they all moved out of the tent.

After exiting the tent, Drake and the girls were met by a very tall redheaded man.

“Yo,” Bjorn said, “Ready for dinner?” he asked, another person hiding a bit out of sight behind him.

“Yeah, I’m getting to it.. By the way, do you need any accessories? I made enough for everyone,” Drake offered, giving a smile.

Bjorn took a moment to think it over, “I could definitely use better strength equipment, but everything else is kind of useless for me bro.”

Drake pulled the strength rings he made from his inventory. Not the ones he had been getting from the Kobolds. Drake’s were slightly better giving fifteen to each stat instead of the ten that the Kobold equipment gave.

“What about you Chelsea?” Drake asked, addressing the woman behind Bjorn.

“I-i’m fine,” she mumbled, not wanting to meet Drake’s eyes.

Drake sighed, shifting his weight to his right leg and giving Bjorn a questioning look.

Bjorn shook his head, “She needs Dexterity, Vitality, and probably a bit of Strength. Ya know normal archer stuff.”

Chelsea fumed and punched Bjorn in the side, but ended up hurting her own hand rather than hurting him.

“Right… Since when were you two so close?” Drake asked, pulling the sets out and putting them in Bjorn’s open hand.

“Dunno, I spotted her moping around, so I tried to cheer her up, now she follows me around like a lost puppy,” Bjorn laughed, thumbing to Chelsea.

“Shut up! I do not do that! I just have nothing better to do until we get to the fucking Ant’s Nest!” she howled, her face blushing.

“Ok, that's for sure the real reason,” Drake cringed, then looked over to Claire, thinking that she was also like a lost puppy.

Claire looked up from her necklace, meeting Drake’s eyes, then realizing what he was insinuating.

“I do not do that! Fuck you!” she yelled.

Drake and Bjorn laughed together, then walked towards the campfire area where they usually ate.

Chatting a bit back and forth about nonsense they all arrived at the campfire where the rest of the group had already gathered ready to cook.

Drake scanned the area, happy to see the rest of the group accounted for. Even seeing Julia and Megan there instead of waiting until the food was done to come.

It had been a full twenty-seven days since Drake had decided to lock himself up and craft. Only taking breaks to practice his martial arts and cook. He also practiced his skills regularly, able to make considerable progress.

 

[Drake Wallen]

[Race: Human] [F Rank]

[Profession: Miner P5(0%) [F-Rank], Jewler P5(0%) [F-Rank]

Tutorial Alias [Shot]

[Elemental Miller] [Unique] Level 20

[Vitality] 357 (15%)

[Strength] 411 (20 +10%)

[Dexterity] 315 (40 + 20%)

[Intelligence] 717 (15+15%) +(70)

[Wisdom] 377 (10 + 15%)

[Endurance] 309 (20 + 25%)

[Free Points] 60

[Titles]

First Blood, Two versus One, One vs Many, Monkey Slayer, Living on the Edge, Close Call, Dead Man Walking, Dual Class, Punching Up, Improbability, Rounded, Dog Hater, One Man Army, Dog Killer. Battle of Attrition, First of Your Kind, Goblin Hater, Goblin Slayer, Murderer, Serial Killer, Vanquisher of Kings, Tutorial Forerunner, First of Many, Glory of the Patriarch, Expectations of the Host, Dawning of a Tyrant

[Skills Branches]

Primary: Elementalist P3(0%) [F Rank] 3/5

  • Magic Sight P3(0%) [F Rank]
  • Heretical Mind P3(0%) [F Rank]
  • Multiplicative P3(0%) [F Rank]
  • Elemental Endowment P2 (93%) [F Rank]
  • Elemental Conflux P2 (75%) [F Rank]

Secondary: Shield Miller P2(48%) [F Rank] 1/5

  • Warrior’s Stamina P3(0%) [F Rank]
  • Guardian’s Reprieve P2(37%) [F Rank]
  • Aura of Command P2(15%) [F Rank]
  • Martial Strike P2(45%) [F Rank]
  • Ruler’s Constitution P2(18%) [F Rank]

Primary Sub-tree: Internal Mastery [F Rank] 2/5

  • Of the Apex P2(73%) [F Rank]
  • Weak Point P2(63%) [F Rank]
  • Tempered in Flames P3(0%) [F Rank]
  • Tyrannical Aura P3(0%) [F Rank]
  • Tyrant’s Indomability P2(79%) [F Rank]

Second Primary Sub-tree: Soul Mastery [F Rank] 3/5

  • Mana Manipulation P3(0%) [F Rank]
  • Atrophy of the Mind P2(31%) [F Rank]
  • Cower P2(22%) [F Rank]
  • Sound Body and Mind P3(0%) [F Rank]
  • Purity of Soul P3(0%) [F Rank]

Secondary Primary Sub-tree: Weapon Mastery [F Rank]0/5

  • Hoarder P2 (77%) [F Rank]
  • Fully Loaded P2(10%) [F Rank]
  • Weapon of Choice P2(74%) [F Rank]
  • Adrenaline Acuity P2(43%) [F Rank]
  • Magic Exposure P2(18%) [F Rank]

Second Secondary Sub-tree: Empty

 

Drake had made significant progress on almost every skill, completing a majority of his skills that he could actively manipulate. Sadly his other combat skills were slow-moving. His passive skills for the most part had been slowly increasing with little help from him, but being only able to just recently make a necklace to fully utilize his ‘Fully Loaded’ skill it had certainly lagged behind, along with his other active debuffs that needed enemies to progress.

For some reason beyond them. The participants of the tutorial had not encountered a single monster within their area. What was worse was that groups were going further and further out to find food as well. The upgraded beasts becoming just as scarce.

From what Shigure had kept Drake up-to-date with over the month. People were becoming more and more apprehensive about the food situation. Wondering if they had enough resources even in the tutorial enough to survive the remaining time.

 

Current Time Remaining in Tutorial: 65 Days. 7 Hours, 49 Minutes, 4 Seconds

 

Drake wasn’t concerned for his own group. He had gathered enough food and resources from the goblins to last them well into next year. But if he was to share it with the rest of the remaining participants he didn’t think it would last more than two months if that.

It posed just another problem he would have to figure out. And it was something they were going to discuss soon, as in today. Because Drake had finally finished his preparations.

“So good news everyone!” Drake began with, hunching his back and pushing up invisible glasses.

“Oh, I know this one!” Tom shouted.

“No one cares Tom,” Jacqueline sighed.

“Hey, that’s not cool,” Tom frowned.

“Oh? Finally have your balls drop, yeah?” Jacqueline snickered.

“Now, now, children, not at the dinner table,” Drake interjected.

“You’re the last person who should say something like that,“ Megan scoffed.

“Maybe so, “Drake chuckled, “But regardless, this is more of a serious day. We need to go over who is coming with me into the Ant’s Nest,” Drake said evenly, looking at everyone in turn, “Oh! And I have presents.”

Drake smiled and gave out a set of whatever he thought people would need for accessories.

Receiving their gifts one by one, the air remained frank and casual.

“So pup, who do you want on this little treasure hunt of yours?” Hudson asked, raising one of the rings he had gotten into the firelight.

“Honestly, I’d like to have everyone come if I could make it that simple,” Drake said sighing, “But we simply don't have a support class that can extend the party limit, so we would have more than we could handle on the way. I’m confident that I can protect everyone now that I have some of my skills improving. But there aren’t any certainties and I don’t want anyone to feel obligated to come just to put themselves in danger.”

“My Lord, this one would follow thou into the dark abyss if but asked,” Theodore said as he took his set of Intelligence gear, “May this one say it even goes without being uttered!”

“I appreciate that Theo, but you have Harley to think about, and I want everyone to be willing to go after giving it some thought,” Drake said, looking around again, “I still have to scout out the area myself, and there is still the problem of the food shortage that is happening. After what happened, I’m partially responsible for the people left in the tutorial so I have to find a solution to it as well. And with the dwindling number of monsters that’s been made apparent over the past weeks, I think there might be a real problem brewing.”

“Why is that Mr. Shot?” Harley asked putting on her gifts.

“Well, I think everyone has noticed that after a certain time period or event, the monsters have increased in both power and numbers right? Almost incrementally,” he explained, everyone nodding back.

“But,” he said pausing as his expression turned thoughtful, “After the Goblin King, we didn’t see either. No increase in monsters, no new hordes, or upgrades to existing monsters. So there is either something else going on, or we have a big problem.”

Everyone’s face turned confused not following the conversation anymore.

“You don’t think that’s where this is going do you bro?” Bjorn said, chiming in.

“Going where?” Amire asked.

Bjorn leaned against a tent pole it creaking under his weight.

“He thinks that the monsters have gotten intelligent enough to band together and not attack us until we’re weak from starvation,” Bjorn scoffed.

“Is that really the case?” Julia asked, her face painted in surprise.

Drake took a moment, going back and forth in his head on whether to divulge what he had refrained from telling the group about the King. Finally sighing and steeling himself to explain.

“When I was fighting the King, something happened that I didn’t expect,” he began, “The King could speak.”

 

 

Thank you for reading as always! Bonus chappy for 1 million views on RR. Enjoy!


 

New Volume! And a great time to become a patron! If you would like to read some of the advanced chapters, you can find the link at the bottom of the chapter or at Arthur_Inverse where you can read ahead from 1 chapter for $1, $3 for 7, $5 for 9, or up to 30+ chapters, and growing, as Draft Edits for $10. Becoming a patron also gains you access to Patreon Side Chapters which are only available for the future E-Book, and Patreon!

 

Spoiler

I would like to give an extra thank you to my T1 Patrons :

BelligerentGnu, Scott F.  Fletcher D. Yang A. Aaron R., Liam B., Wolfram K., Naoggeddon, Matthew G., Abdulaziz A., Pratish S., Sam4005, Salfallen, Wedmark D., ytm

A bigger thanks to my T2 Patrons: Fallacha, Gavin T. Mike, Sphinxes, Benji, Isaac H., M. R., Tyler, Nic, Blacklark57, Aksam, Benji, M.R., Braincase, Shakekiller, Regan B., George M., Brother Grey, Jakub T., Nim, Talen D., James M., Liam B., DayWalker, Mark W., Rowan James, Woody, Johnnyboy 117, William N., Daniel W., Ruadhan

And a massive thanks to my T3 Patrons: Jesse M.  C Alex G. Bum Bumbo, Paul F. Liam B., Eb, Richard M., Richard R., Pergamon, Gavin T, Carolyne, Thomas B W., Zachary G., Michael W., skeri123, Leon O. Alfredo S., Richard B., Sye, Coco-Jin, Zu'ul, eroth, Adrian D., Chris M., Jan T., Nathan V.M., Olivier M., Ugly Bastard Tag da Best, al, David E., Green S., Greenboy676, Mark T, Nathan V. M., Jame I., Firinen, Raymond N., UnknownS0n, Romain V., Daniel R., Aran K., Mr. Book-Stash, Jetforce, Tanner, Swampfox, SupremeTempest, Bryan R-B, Josh, Mason G., Navarre C H., Pratish S., Jacob F. Adam G., TheGreenKraken, deadmo, Happy Pixie, Jake T., James N., Jhon A., Curtis M., John A., Shadowpulse, Melanie S., Jessy P., Patrick W., skeri123, John A., Arterion, Jordan J., TheAverageNerd, Albert, Alexikon, Kenneth K., Col A., Alex, Malcolm W., Thortinshire., Bladesunder, jason p., thethra, Maxwell J., Aditya V.K., Hartley, Chase, Rawin R., Nevan, Faerwynd, Nikalas, Zachary M., Levi C., Killertiger95, Arthur C., Alexander R., dragonsalver, Terrance S., Alexander R., Bruce F., vividlearner744, Al, Alric G., Lalanne M., Krimo, Johnathan H., JarryD,Skys, Tyler L.. Shakekiller, CardOne4All, Reuben E., Sam S., AA, Freya, Cody D., mafytoogamer, Dupl3x_, Thereader, Jordan M., Piotr, Ilan, My Name is Klondike, Michael W.

An extra ordinary extraordinary thanks to my Only T4 Patron: Cameron M.

And a special thanks to my very first two patreons:

Mark M., and Mr. Redd.

 

P.S. If I ever miss you in the shoutouts please just send me a message on patreon.

[collapse]

 

78