Chapter 84: Extra 4, Threatening a Nihility cultivator
550 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took a while to take the statements of the other victims as they had a lot of information to share. Three of them were ransomed so they contacted their families after I found their belongings in one of the treasure caves. It would take too long to wait for their families to come get them and I could not entrust their safety to the nearby city. The bandit group's ability to thrive in this region meant that local rulers were either too weak or took bribes to close their eyes on the criminal activities.

I was not the type to wreak havoc to clean a city then tap my back before leaving it to its own device. Instead, I preferred to let competent people do the investigation and cleaning job so I sent a guard to request support from the city lord I met a few days earlier. He was a good friend of uncle Huai and was known to be an honest and competent ruler.

Earlier, it took a few days' travel for my group as I chose to stroll leisurely to enjoy the scenery but with my ship, the round trip took only 2 hours. City lord Shu decided to come personally with his guards even if this region was not technically under his rule. I, of course, shared some of the treasures found for his help.

The 4 other victims were from nearby cities and villages, I gave them some additional spiritual stones before they were escorted by the city guards. There were also gold and silver coins that I asked lord Shu to donate to non-cultivator villages. That currency was worthless for cultivators anyway and I was not sure why the bandits stole them. The surviving bandit told me everything I needed to know so the city lord took him back to be interrogated about any local government involvement. I volunteered to deal with the foreign scum group of 5 and lord Shu left with the 7 victims. I was waving at my super fast ship I let them borrow for the trip. This was the least I could do since my uncle's friend was taking care of the aftermath.

When the ship was far enough, I took a big breath before going to the prison. Time to deal with the scum group...   

They started complaining as soon as they saw me

“Why are we still prisoners?” 

“Why did it take so long?”

"I am hungry!" .... and so on

“The other victims and the bandit told us that you were 8 in the beginning” I said and the group calmed down “During the fight, you used 2 as a shield. When they died, you surrendered"

Now, 5 spoiled people had their heads down.

"The 3rd one was in the cell with you until a few days ago. When the bandit chief was drunk and bored, he asked you to beat one of your own for entertainment. All five of you picked the weakest one, it seemed to be a young girl who wanted to join your harem?” I asked while looking at Wu ChengLiu. Without waiting for his answer, I looked at everyone before finishing “You beat her to death” 

This scum group chose one of the other 7 victims at first but those were imprisoned much earlier than them so they bounded together and protected each other. Yes, the 7 victims chose to starve while this group went against their own and chose the youngest among them to beat. The bandit confirmed it too.  

“It is a lie!” started Ling YiYi “I only injured her hand and did not kill her”

“We were prisoners and were coerced! We are innocents!” added Wen Mei.

I ignored them, instead I looked at the drawing and detailed information of the artifacts they wanted back. My perfect recall memory, my first life and the tr*shy book helped with validating everything. I knew some of them lied and I used Xie-er’s fake detector to prove it “You even lied about your names… You truly take me as a fool”

“I am sorry, I panicked,” said Wen Mei. Her crocodile tears did not affect me at all but my earlier enjoyment changed to disgust. They could even beat to death one of their own. I did not like future wife number 4 but she did not deserve to be killed by them and for a stupid reason. Mao HuaYing was barely 14 years old! In my first life, she followed ChengLiu like a puppy until she was able to marry him after reaching adulthood. In this life, she turned into a cannon fodder

“I am keeping you prisoners until we reach the Golden Tree continent. I was on my way there anyway. I already have the body of your 3 comrades and you seem to be from the same city or, based on your accent, at least the same region. I will find a way to identify you and them when we arrive there and will let their families and your rulers deal with you”

I ignored their begging and cries and asked the guard to stop recording. I was emotionally spent. I had to stay 2 more days to buy more necessities for the extra 5 guests and was not in the mood to enjoy the scenery anymore. I used an isolation array to stop hearing their voices and I refused to see them. Poor guards were the ones who had to deal with them during mealtimes... 

2 days later, we boarded my ship planning to increase our pace to reach the Golden Tree continent earlier than planned. I was still able to, somehow, enjoy the month and half on the ocean. We stopped here and there to fish and fight sea monsters. I loved seafood so fishing was a must for me. I also liked watching the sunset while the ship was gliding on air. I pushed myself to try the sunrise a few times. 

Except for the usual drama, the guests trying mutiny with their non-existent spiritual energy, monster attacks and a nasty hurricane, the trip was uneventful.

I let Wu ChengLi1Li-er know of our progress and what to expect. He even prepared the ground for the trial of the 5 scums. Their families did not know yet but city lord Wu and sect master Mao did. I had shared the witness reports and the content of the recording. The originals would be given face to face as soon as we arrived. 

When we finally reached the coast, I understood why this continent was called the Golden Tree. It depended on regions but there was, on average, one golden tree per 10 trees. It was a tree that absorbed spiritual energy from the ground then released it into the air. It was the reason the spiritual energy was denser here than the Greenwood continent. We did not stop at the coastal city. Instead we went directly to Wu city. 

Wu patriarch, Wu ChengLi’s grandfather, was the city lord. He did not plan to let his incompetent eldest son inherit the position. Instead, he wanted to groom his grandson, Wu ChengLi, for the task. My friend was already at the early stage of Nihility and in his early twenties and had a big chance to ascend. He did not want to take over a city and rejected the heir chair. Instead, he recommended his youngest uncle Wu ChengWei who was smart and fair. Still, the heir appointment was still a work in progress. ChengWei was an unfavored son of a concubine and was able to show his real abilities only recently. 

Wu ChengLi and his grandfather were waiting for us outside the city gates. As soon as the ship landed, I got out. 

“Hello Wu ChengLi, long time no see” I said with a smile. I did not see him for 7 years and he grew up a lot.

Then, I turned toward city lord Wu to greet him. He had a kind smile but I did not like him much. Anyone who had concubines but disregarded their illegitimate children unless they proved their worth was not in my ‘to respect’ list. For the sake of my friend however, I stayed polite and respectful while giving the evidence to the Wu city lord with the group of 5. 

When Wu ChengLiu got out of the ship and saw his half brother, he fainted! I was more amazed then shocked 

“He did not know I already reached Nihility stage” was Wu ChenLi’s answer when he saw my face

“I did not unseal his spiritual energy. He does not know that yet” I said with a smile

“...What a coward” replied my friend while shaking his head

Wu ChengLiu and his crew were all at the late stage of foundation establishment. They lost many opportunities, thanks to Wu ChengLi, and did not get the needed resources to increase their cultivation faster. The deceased Mao Hua Ying, daughter of the sect master, could not give them extra spiritual pills and treasures like in the first life. Her father had rejected her groom's choice since her potential husband was expelled from the Wu family. 

I was still amazed that the scum could marry 2 women and have another on hold when he was barely 19 years old. When I told that to Wu ChengLi, he answered that this was normal in this continent. Only a few families like the Sun’s forbade the tradition to marry early with many wives. I was not sure I liked this continent's customs much. 

I soon forgot that subject and met aunt Sun and her future husband. I hugged Aunt Sun when she called me “Xiao Shin! You grew up so much”

“Hello aunt Sun, I missed you too. Congratulations on your wedding!”

“I am not married yet. Say that on the wedding day. This is my betrothed, you can call him uncle Qing”

Uncle Qing was huge. He had a bear-like body shape, truly different from the usual cultivators. He was at the early stage of Nihility just like ChenLi. His face was more fierce than handsome and he had scars on his hands but when he looked at Aunt Sun, his face turned gentle. At this moment, as I was hugging aunt Sun, he was looking at me fiercely. I understood what Wu ChengLi told me about him and I liked him instantly; Aunt Sun was his world. 

“Nice to meet you uncle Qing. If you hurt Aunt Sun, I will consider you as my worst enemy. Know that my worst enemies did not end up with anything much to be buried with” I threatened with a sweet smile

“Bai YuShin! Since when did you start talking this way! Did LiLi put you up to it?” Scolded aunt Sun

“No” I lied. She saw through me easily and she hit her son’s back

“Stop teaching Xiao Shin messy things!” 

“Yes mother”

“Welcome to Golden Tree continent Bai Yu Shin” finally answered uncle Qing with a smile “I already vowed to never hurt my wife unless I want my body to explode”

“Good” I replied

I arrived 2 months before the wedding so ChengLi played the tour guide as he did not have much to do for the wedding. We visited scenic places and dense spiritual areas perfect for my cultivation while catching up

40