Chapter 527 A New Attack Of The Titans 11
678 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remember that it is thanks to your support that this novel can continue, you can get advanced chapters on my pa.treon!!

 

Pa.treon.com/Drack21 (just delete the first ".")

 

If you want, you can, and you like the novel, I hope to see you in my pa.treon soon!!!

Thanks for reading the novel and don't forget to share it with your friends!

 

Discord invite >> https://discord.gg/37emMxTVKw

-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

The scene I find myself standing on top of the Rose wall was nothing like what I expected... 

I thought that Bartolt, due to his friend's concern, would be trying to re-enter the citadel or at least trying to create a new hole to help him out, but… the image I see was the opposite.

Bartolt was trying to escape away from this place… 

Visually he didn't look fast, but that was relative to the size of his colossal titan form! Although he seemed a bit slow, the size of the distance between one step and the other more than made up for the lack of speed in his movement!

And all around him, I could see Horo circling and trying to stop his progress. Furthermore, it wasn't just her… other titans that roamed outside this wall, and also even what were probably puppets of my Venus, were joining her in the attacks!

On Bartolt's titan body one could see many marks from Horo's teeth and claws... even he was limping a bit since one of his feet should be badly damaged. His balance while walking was a bit unsteady.

Even with this, Horo did not dare to be reckless and attack… 

From the looks of it, now she looked like a wolf surrounding her prey waiting for the right moment to finish it off. No, well…she was a wolf, so that was surely what this situation was.

Although this probably wouldn't be that easy for Horo to finish off Bartolt… the immense advantage in size was still entirely up to her opponent's side! Even with her size, one of his blows shouldn't be something she could take!

For a moment I debated whether I should go help her... but in the end, I have no choice but to give up on such an idea. 

Unfortunately, the place where they were moving was a grassland… there was no way to maneuver with the [Three-Dimensional Movement Equipment]! So it will be very difficult to do anything against that huge titan even for me!!

“ Fiiuuu~…”

And since I also didn't want Horo to expose herself to danger alone, I can only call her to come back. I put some fingers in my mouth and create a loud hiss to get to her. This was very effective, from here I see Horo's ears twitching a bit, and then she looks in my direction for the next moment she starts running towards here after giving Bartolt one last look.

He quickly reaches the wall again, returns to her human form, and puts on the [Three-Dimensional Movement Equipment] again to get to my side. Thanks to the item I had given her earlier, this time she doesn't have to walk around naked and show her body to some soldiers who had been watching her fight with the colossal titan.

…seriously, shouldn't these guys be hunting other titans inside the wall? Well, theoretically that was my job too, so I can't complain to them.

“You are a bastard! You left me in charge of the bigger guy while you took the smaller one!! ”

“…”

So, the first thing she says to me when she's around me is various of her complaints… umu, Horo really seemed upset about this. And I could only smile bitterly because she wasn't entirely wrong.

" Okay, I'll make it up to you later"

“…”

Yes, I had my reasons for leaving Bartolt to her, but chances are that no matter what I say she would still complain… so I'd better move on to the next option instead, buying her with confectionaries! 

This certainly worked much better than giving her some excuses, she stops complaining and looks at me seriously as if she is now calculating her price!

“ T-Ten boxes of donuts… no, twenty… o-okay, 15 is enough, but you also have to add some other good things! 

Do you know? That thing was pretty hard to deal with! Suddenly a large amount of steam began to emanate from his body when I tried to bite down on him!! My mouth still feels a bit burnt thanks to that!! 

What if I can't taste those sweet and delicious things anymore because of that?! I will not accept an amount less than that for my work!! ”

“…”

First, as if she had finished thinking of a reasonable amount for her reward, Horo gives a number. Then, seeing me nod, she quickly wants to increase it… 

The truth is that it wasn't much of a difference, and… we were talking about candy boxes! It was still pretty cheap to give her all those boxes of donuts for her work!!

But... my brow furrowed a bit as I thought she would keep increasing the amount every time she see me easily accept that. I was just going to tell Horo that I would give her 100 boxes to stop this discussion, but perhaps misunderstanding the reason for my expression, in the next instant she reduces the amount as if she is afraid that she might already get nothing!

…yeah, I won't deny it, she was now a bit pitiful right now!

Although we somehow seemed to be talking about some serious things, her words lose much impact when what she is asking for are boxes of goodies!

Well, hearing her say that Bartolt had some kind of vapor attack emanating from his body, I got a little worried about her. That certainly could have been dangerous for Horo!

"Okay, I'll give you the 15 boxes of donuts and several other boxes of cupcakes."

“G-Great!!”

All the resentment and dissatisfaction she had just a few moments ago disappears after she listens to this. Now even Mikasa who was carrying Eren looked a bit confused... or did she also want some goodies?

"Come on, we have to go with the other girls"

""Ok""

Ending this discussion, the three of us started to move in the direction where there were previously plumes of white smoke due to Annie and Ymir's transformations. In the end, we end up parting… I take the path towards Saeko and the other two girls towards Shigure.

As for Bartolt… there was nothing to be done to stop him now, it would be quite difficult and take quite a long time to bring him down. But right now I was more worried about those two girls. Also, as long as we ensure the capture of those two remaining girls, the system rewards shouldn't be too bad.

---------------------------

---------------------------

(POV Snake Armored Soldier)

After our group led by Horo-sama met up with Alexander-sama and the latter gave us our instructions, all of us move to complete it as we split up to go with Shigure-sama and Saeko- sama. 

Even though it had been a while since we had seen them, no one hesitated to follow their orders!

It was not only because we were taught to be completely loyal in military training, but because we really respected and were very grateful to them for what they had done for all of us and our families and friends. If it wasn't for their help a few years ago, then probably all of us would have become titan fodder by now!!

Not only that, now our life was even better than when we were in this place! If any person from our citadel was asked if they wanted to return within these walls, I'm sure not a single one would be willing to do so!

Furthermore, Venus-sama's protection was much better than mere walls. And all the soldiers in our citadel no longer trembled just like the soldiers here when they saw the titans! For us, a titan meant a crystal to give to our benefactors!

Well... while all the soldiers like me respected and were grateful to Alexander-sama and the girls by his side, it wasn't just that... there was something we all knew... and although it wasn't mentioned very often in the militia, certainly all of us agreed on how there was something strange in them! And this was made even clearer by how, even though it had been several years since all of us last saw them, they were still the same! They were definitely not normal beings!!

Due to all this, no one wanted to disobey any of his orders and we took it very seriously!

My group was in charge of going to the place where Shigure- sama was fighting, and if I and the others had a concern about this, it was only if we could really be of help to her! These people to whom we owe our lives were not only divine beings for many of us only for their beauty, but also for their strength! 

...the confidence for us to face something that they had difficulty dealing with was not much, many of us had witnessed how they easily killed titans... it was like watching a child and an adult fight, where despite the difference in size, they were the adults in such an analogy! 

Even so, it was certain that we would all strive to be at least a little bit of help even at the cost of our lives!

Then upon reaching the scene of a 15m tall female titan fighting a person, we could only stop our movements upon witnessing this… it was obvious that between the two of them fighting, one had a clear advantage over the other! But contrary to what one might expect, the one with the advantage was the person who was almost 10 times smaller than the titan!!

…although the soldiers in our team could fight very well against the titans now, we usually did it in a group! Or if we had to do it individually, without a doubt the situation would not be as we saw it now!!

The female titan right now was covered in sword wounds… while the person, Shigure- sama, looked as calm as ever!

It was impressive to see her fight… she was very different from us or the soldiers of this citadel. Normally one relied heavily on [Three-Dimensional Movement Teams], but she… was fighting the titan as if it was another person just like her!

She moved across the ground dodging the female titan's punches and kicks with grace… and at a speed that could barely be caught by our gaze! Furthermore, not only did she dodge, every time she moved to the side so as not to be hit by an attack, in the next moment several cuts appeared on the titan's body!!

It's not like she was showing off or underestimating the titan… there was a very simple logic why she was fighting in such a way… seeing how agile that female titan also seemed, staying in midair using [Three-Dimensional Movement Equipment] just would be a burden for the enemy to take advantage of!

That was easy to understand, but… knowing it and then deciding to fight just like her, and above all, succeeding at it, were totally different matters! That's why all of us who see these could only praise such a feat of Shigure-sama!!

We were witnessing again that these people were truly amazing! They were worth following! 

But now there was a problem... if we also entered the fight now, I think that instead of being a help we would become more of a nuisance! Maybe because of us things in that fight ended up changing in favor of the titan!!

As if most of us had come to the same conclusion, we directed our vision to the captain of our group. Perhaps he was the only one who could help her… after all, he was one of the people who could transform into a titan!!

There was only one problem, before coming here all those who were like him were ordered not to transform... the reason was simple and we all understood it in an instant. That would make things much more problematic for all those who lived in the citadel made by Alexander-sama! Surely the most logical thing that people here would think is that these people were part of our home!

“C-Captain… what do we do? Shall we help Shigure-sama? ”

“…no, we would only be a hindrance. 

Instead of participating in the fight with that female titan, our group will take care of getting rid of the surrounding titans that are drawn here. That is the best way to help for now.”

""Understand!!""

…yes, I think the captain's idea was the best we could do. We all spread out to pay attention to the surroundings while still watching Shigure- sama's fight… although perhaps we should fully concentrate on our work, it was hard not to!

21