Chapter One First Choices
6.2k 52 226
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as he made the choice for the Realm of False Death trait, a new box popped up in his vision. Again the light blue box reminded him a bit of a computer screen. Even if the lovely box was rather basic. There was nothing fancy about it at all.

Realm of False Death path trait selected...

Generating trait list based on dungeon type and affinities

Please choose your starting traits. You have four picks available

  • Curse of Lost Manhood: Failure in your halls carries an extra price. All those who fall in your halls are cursed into a female form for the rest of their lives. This curse can be reversed if they manage to clear your dungeon, but a second failure would make the curse permanent.
  • Dungeon Law: Rules that bind those who intrude, and set the tone of a challenge. They can govern but one room, a floor or the whole dungeon. These rules, these laws must be set in place with mana. Also allows the creation of safe zones.
  • Dungeon Pheromones: Unique to dungeons of the lust circle, these magical pheromones incite lust in those who breathe them. Boosting the alure of not only yourself, but your female monsters as well. These pheromones are emitted from your core, and as such are most potent near your core. Effect scales with level, and size of your dungeon.
  • Curse of Goblin: Failure in your halls carries an extra price. All who fall in your halls are cursed to live out their days as goblin, unless they can clear your dungeon. A second failure will make the curse permanent.
  • Curse of Imp: Failure in your halls carries an extra price. All who fall in your halls are cursed to live out their lives as an Imp. Only if they can clear your dungeon will this fate be averted, but a second failure makes the curse permanent.
  • Monster Breeder: You are a natural breeder of monsters. Monster pairs are more fruitful, and you can create new monsters at a lower cost.
  • People Breeder: Monsters alone are not the only thing you can breed. People are granted increased fertility within your halls. Captured adventures can be bred to produce powerful new monsters.
  • Dungeon Gates: Stairs are boring. Allows the linking of dungeon floors through magical gates instead.
  • Dungeon Loyalty: Greatly increases the loyalty of your monsters, pets, and servants. Grants your monsters, pets, and servants immunity to all mind control effects except those that ignore this trait.
  • Sanctum of Nudity: Normally clothes, and armor are optional for those that enter your halls. Here however they are forbidden. A floor must be designated as a sanctum for the trait to take effect. Applies penalties for wearing clothes.
  • Corrupting Pheromones: Your pheromones have a corrupting effect that makes those who breathe them in far more likely to fall to lust.
  • Sanctuary of Demonic Nature: Grants your dungeon the Demonic Nature affinity. Demonic plants will thrive more easily within and around your halls. Plants within your influence will be slowly corrupted into demonic versions. Demonic plants within your influence are stronger and harder to kill.
  • Sanctuary of Fertile Lust: Allows the creation of a special sanctuary. Within the walls of a sanctum of a fertile lust, pairing are almost certain to bear fruit even those not normally possible. The products of lust within this sanctum will be affected by your nature and traits. Allows additional options if dungeon law is effect. Effects are boosted if either monster breeder or people breeder are in effect. If both are in effect all lust within the sanctum will bear fruit.
  • Dungeon Instances: The dungeon is split into many identical but parallel instances. This allows multiple parties to make a run through your dungeon at the same time. Instances cost mana to set up.
  • Dungeon Tactics: Your monsters, servants, and pets have a better than average grasp of tactics boosting their ability to fight together.

What he did see in that box was a rather long wall of text. Fifteen entries were laid out within the box and he apparently had to pick four of them. He stared at it blankly for several minutes before Dewari spoke. Her voice sent pleasant shivers through him, “Take your time, this is an important decision for you, but don’t be too worried about them. Many of these choices will be available to you again.”

“That is nice to hear. Any um recommendations?”

She smiled, and shifted her boobs bounced delightfully with the movement, “Of course, given your apparent shyness, I would suggest Curse of Lost Manhood. It would solve that problem with naked men on your doorstep. Next I highly recommend dungeon pheromones, getting them early is huge, and their effect can’t be underestimated. Finally dungeon law is absolutely crucial. That leaves you with but one pick. All of these choices are good. Dungeon loyalty is a great one, far better than it might seem. Instances are useful, but it might be better to wait for those. Tactics can be potent, and gates have more to them than meets the eye. Honestly I suggest you read the entries carefully before you make a choice.

He nodded, and reread the entries. Spending several minutes, or was it hours just thinking on the choice. Honestly he didn’t play games much so he didn’t really know what to make of these traits. Eventually, he selected Curse of Lost Manhood, Dungeon Pheromones, Dungeon Law, and finally Dungeon Loyalty. Some of the others did seem strong, but he just wasn’t sure about them, and the idea of his monsters being more loyal sounded good. After all, what good was a defense if it betrayed him? As seemed to be normal, a new box instantly displayed itself.

 

Pick your theme.

Generating list...

  • Demonic Stronghold
  • Demonic Temple
  • Demonic Caverns
  • Demonic Forest

 

He stared at it for a moment. Before glancing at Dewari. “Um, what is this about? It doesn’t say much.”

“A theme sets the tone and form of your dungeon. Each one is fairly self-explanatory. I recommend you pick the one that appeals to you.”

He nodded, well tried to, but he got the sense she knew. Turning back to the screen, he thought about his four picks. A Cavern didn’t seem that appealing, so he crossed that out. He wasn’t so sure about a temple, and while a forest seemed interesting it was the idea of a stronghold that truly drew his attention. He picked that one in a heartbeat. Afterall who didn’t want a castle of their own?”

She gave him an approving look, “That’s a good pick. Not only does it focus on castles, but also the lands around them. Giving you some nice variation with your floor set up.”

A new window popped up as she was speaking.

Pick your starting monsters

You have two picks

Generating list...

  • Imp [F+] The demonic version of the goblin. Extremely prolific. This race is noted for being the only lust demon line with male forms. Only female Imps can evolve, but it is worth noting that female Imps are rare. Racial Traits: Parasitic Brood, Calming Venom, Limited Flight, Greater Magic Affinity
  • Lesser Demon Girl [D] Lesser demon girls are small demons with mostly human appearance. While not particularly strong they do have strong magical abilities. Their line can evolve into the renowned Succubus. Racial Traits: Demon Skin, Magic Affinity, Natural Mage, Alluring
  • Lesser Beastkin Demon [D] Related to Lesser demon girls, these demons take on the traits of a beastkin. They lack the magical abilities of their cousins, but are strong fighters. Racial Traits: Demon Skin, Demonic Constitution, Natural Weapons, Alluring
  • Lesser Demonic Harpy [D] Agile flyers, the Demonic Harpy is not only a powerful aerial combatant, but an alluring creature. Their sharp talons are effective against most armor, and these aerial fighters can cast spells.. They are well known for carrying prey off to have fun at their nest, especially women. Racial Traits: Agile Flyer, Demon Skin, Alluring, Natural Weapons, Magic Affinity, Egg Implanter
  • Lesser Arachnid Demon [D] Small half spider- half girl demons. They are known for their speed, and stealth. They have strong pheromones with which to cloud the minds of others, and they lay traps with their strong webs. Racial Traits: Demon Skin, Demonic Pheromones, Lesser Demon Webs, Paralytic Venom, Agile, Natural Camouflage, Alluring
  • Lesser Lamia Demon [C-] Small half girl, half snake demon. Very strong, and quite resilient. They make superb physical fighters. Racial Traits: Demon Skin, Demonic Constitution, Natural Power, Alluring, Demonic Pheromones, Paralytic Venom
  • Lesser Aquatha Demon [C-] Water demon, resembles a small girl. Instead of legs she has powerful tentacles, four thicker ones attached where her legs would be if she had them, and a number of smaller ones around her waist forming a skirt. Powerful swimmer, and able to walk on land with its tentacles. Strong pheromones allow the Aquatha demon to lure in young girls who are their favorite to play with. They also have a strong dislike of clothing. Racial Traits: Aquatic, Land Walker, Demon Skin, Demonic Pheromones, Alluring, Magic Affinity, Natural Mage, Natural Nudist
  • Lesser Demonic Mermaid [C] Water demon resembles a small girl with a fish tail instead of legs. Powerful swimmer, uses its voice to draw in young girls with which to play. They have a strong dislike of clothing. Racial Traits: Aquatic, Demon Skin, Alluring Voice, Demonic Pheromones, Natural Nudist, Magic Affinity, Natural Mage
  • Lesser Demonic Alraune [C+] Plant demon with the lower body of a flower, and the upper body of a young girl. They can move around at will, but often prefer to stay rooted in the ground. They can use their vines to ensnare opponents, and have strong magic. Like many demons they use their pheromones to lure in prey. They have a preference for girls, and a talent for genderbending. Racial Traits: Ensnaring Vines, Demon Skin, Pollinator, Demonic Pheromones, Alluring, Strong Magic Affinity, Natural Mage, Natural Fleshshaper, Flesh Shaping venom
  • Lesser Demonic Dragon Girl [B] A weak dragon girl with a generally humanoid appearance and small body. With a highly lustful nature, and strong pheromones with which to draw in potential partners. Very strong, and has a breath attack like most dragons. Racial Traits: Lesser Draconic Strength, Draconic Demon Skin, Lesser Dragon Breath, Greater Demonic Pheromones, Alluring, Lesser Draconic Armor, Greater Magic Affinity, Flight

He blinked, that was a fair number of choices. He found himself immediately drawn to the dragon, but before he could even pick it he was told. “They are strong, but they also cost a fair amount to summon. You’ll be able to acquire all of them eventually, but I suggest you think about which ones would benefit your dungeon most to have from the beginning.”

He frowned, and glanced back at the list. It was a fucking dragon how cool was that!? Yet Dewari seemed to be saying it wasn’t a good choice. With a sigh he asked, “Well what would you recommend?”

She smiled, “Well first, I’d ignore Imp. While they are very cheap to summon, they aren’t very strong. In addition, since only females can evolve, their ability to grow is limited. Of course the Lesser Demonic Alraune can help you with that, but you only have those two picks. Imp and Alarune are perhaps not the best combination for a young dungeon. Also since you didn’t take dungeon tactics, the Imp is weakened even further.

“Now as for the Dragon Girl, she is really strong, but her summoning cost is high. As a young dungeon you won’t have a very good income, not at first. You might be able to afford one or two of them, which would be nice if you were looking for a boss monster, but the system gives a free race pick for boss monsters later. So you can skip that one. Now the two aquatic demons are good, very good, but they work best when you have a lot of water. As a stronghold, you can make water floors if you want as well, but picking them would force you in that direction.

“The Alraune on the other hand, while strong, prefers to stay in one place. Also a good pick for a boss. Many dungeons use them as mini-bosses as they work well in that role. You should be able to afford a few of them, but not many. So I suggest you place them well if you take them. The Lamia demon is a very good middle of the pack pick. They have very good physical abilities, but do keep in mind that they will need a weapon which increases their cost a bit more.

“Spider demons are tricky creatures, excellent for setting up ambushes, and pair well with traps. They even make some of their own. They don’t fare so well in open combat, but at least they breed well.

“Now Harpy Demons are great, they provide a reasonably cheap combatant that can fly, and is effective in both magical and physical combat. They do really well in open spaces and forests, but suffer in tight spaces such as corridors. As for the last two, I consider them a pair. Both have amazing evolution potential, and while not particularly strong, they aren’t weak either. Decent overall abilities, at a modest cost. They also work really well together.”

“I see,” he replied. It seemed he wasn’t going to get an easy just take this. She wanted him to actually think about it. With a sigh, he turned to reading the entries, and the traits. Some of them were certainly tempting, but he did have to agree. The Demon Girl, and Beastkin Demon did seem to be meant to work together. The lamia was also tempting, and the spider made him curious. He wasn’t sure how long he thought about it, but eventually he decided to take the Demon Girl, and the Beastkin Demon. They looked to be a pair, and it might be nice to have a succubus or two. In the back of his mind, he made a mental note to snap up the dragon girl for his free boss pick that Dewari mentioned.

A window appeared in his vision. 

Congratulations! You are now ready to start building your dungeon!

Calculating Status...

Name: None

Race: True Demonic Dungeon

Level: 1

Rank: F-

Alignment: Demonic

Attribute: Lust

Mana: 100/100

Mana Generation: 10/hr

DP: 200

DP Generation: 0/hr

AE: 0/50

AE Generation: 5/hr

 

Dewari stood up, her chair vanishing from the room, and she stretched in a delightful manner. “Okay, I guess it’s time to get started. Now I can teach you a bit about dungeon building.”

His vision flashed with a new window. 

Congratulations! New Quest!

Dewari’s Tutelage

The goddess Dewari has offered to mentor you on the creation of your first floor. Learn the basics of dungeon building and defense under her guidance. Quest difficulty: Trivial

Reward:

Experience
50 DP
One free boss monster
Free Second floor

Failure: None

 

226