A Quick Week
1.3k 8 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Boy am I glad that I had Midoriya do a quirk analysis on the police.” Once I’m far enough away from the police station, I can’t help but sigh in relief. Seriously, I just had to run into the guy with a nya-damned lie detecting quirk!?

I usually get far enough away from my crime scenes that I only have to deal with the occasional low rank hero. But there are a few times where the police have shown up before I got away. Unfortunately it’s much more difficult to know what their quirks are unless they have a mutation, which has led to some precarious situations for me.

But, Midoriya being Midoriya, took it to heart when I mentioned that there were probably a ton of interesting quirks that have gone unnoticed due to the overwhelming hero publicity. And he was nice enough to let me take a look at them. They were as impressive as always.

I am so lucky I always try to avoid saying an outright lie. It definitely came in handy for dealing with that guy.

And useful too.

Detective Tsakauchi. Quirk: Lie Detector. He is a living, breathing lie detector with one hundred percent accuracy. The problem with that though, is it only works well with direct answers.

For example, I did find some cameras in his room while he was at work. There’s no denying that is the truth. However, I neglected to mention that the reason I found them is because I’m the one who put them there.

I always planned to kill Paul at some point, but originally I wanted him dead after I’d already moved. Him trying to come into my room the night before made me impatient, but I suppose it doesn’t matter too much.

I’ve hopefully deflected suspicions off of me, and ensured that they see me as a victim to Paul. Now the question is, who will I stay with? Normally I’d just stay at Himiko’s place, but I wouldn’t want to let anyone know about that. For obvious reasons nya~. Meruem will probably try to make me feel better about Paul being dead and go into my dreams to help me ‘get through this difficult portion of my life’. But I can’t risk her finding out the truth.

That would leave Midoriya. I haven’t been over to his house before, but he’s way too nice to refuse anyone asking for help. Much less a friend. On the other, he’s absolutely going to get flustered and embarrassed…

After giving it a moment’s thought, I come to my decision. Midoriya’s it is, nya~.

𝌡𝌡𝌡

(UA Staff Room: Two days later)

“A UA applicant’s home was attacked while she was at the exam! We can’t let this go unaddressed!” Vlad King’s shout reverberates throughout the room, making the other staff wince.

“Is there anything we can do? For someone so large, the villain is quite hard to find.” Midnight points out. “Unless someone can suddenly find his location, or why he targeted the applicant, there’s not really anything we can do.”

“Well…” Everyone’s eyes turn to the principal, one of the smartest beings in the world. If not the smartest. Has he already figured it out? Is the collective thought of those in attendance.

“While I may not know all that,” he ignores their sighs of disappointment, “I do have a plan. In fact, it’s something I’ve been interested in implementing for a while now. I just couldn’t justify the cost so it kept getting rejected.”

Aizawa sighs. “Why do I get the feeling your idea is going to cause me to lose out on more sleep?”

Nezu simply sips his tea with a smirk.

𝌡𝌡𝌡

(Midoriya home: Five days later)

“Sorry again for all the trouble, Missus Midori-nya.” I apologize as I help her with the dishes.

“Oh no, it’s no problem at all! I’m just happy that Izuku has such a nice friend. He talks about you all the time after all.” She assures me

“Moooom!” Izuku whines from the living room where he’s vacuuming. I can’t help but chuckle.

It’s relaxing here. It’s easy to tell that the two of them have a close relationship, and I feel a pang in my heart for my own mother. I wonder if I could have had this kind of relationship with Pearl if I hadn’t decided on revenge…

I shake my head to clear my thoughts. That decision had been made long ago. Besides, even if I wasn’t set on revenge, Pearl still would have left when she found out that Paul cheated on her.

I guess killing Paul got Pearl her own kind of revenge as well. Maybe not how she wanted it, but she got it nyan-etheless.

Finishing up the chores, Midoriya junior leaves to check the mail. He’s been checking it obsessively ever since I got here. That was an ordeal in itself. The amount of tears the two let out when I told them why I need a place to stay could have been classified as quirks themselves!

While we wait for him to come back, Missus Midoriya and I sit on the couch to talk. She’s really nice, and has this reassuring air about her. She also has a quirk that could be really dangerous if used right. Or wrong depending on how you look at it.

She can pull small objects towards herself. Now, normally that doesn’t sound impressive, and would be classified as a weak telekinetic quirk. But the weight doesn’t seem to matter. As long as it’s the size of a soccer ball or smaller, she can pull it towards her.

Which led me to thinking about connectivity issues. I brought it up with Midoriya, who looked like he had an epiphany. Right afterwards we started testing the limits of her quirk, which is how we found out that a soccer ball is the max size she can move.

Tying things down proved that there’s some resistance, but that eventually they would break free and reach her. While Midoriya was scribbling in his notebook, I was breaking out into a cold sweat. Why?

Because most organs are smaller than a soccer ball.

It’s a good thing she’s so nice. Or else she could be an extremely dangerous villain.

I’m pulled from my reminiscing by the sound of Midoriya rushing back into the apartment. He holds up to letters, sealed with UA’s stamp. “They- they’re here!” He gasps out.

He goes to his room to open it while I go to their guest room. Opening it, a small disk thing falls out. I tilt my head while my ears twitch. Seeing that it’s not doing anything, I poke it. Surprisingly, it starts to project an image above it. Seeing the image, my bloodlust wells up while my tail stiffens, and I hiss at it.

“I AM HERE, as a projection!” Apparently this is a video. But why not just send a note like a regular school? Then again, it is UA. I’m still going to get rid of this weird projector thing though. Maybe I’ll sell it. I’m sure the technology it’s made of is worth a decent amount.

“I AM HERE, to congratulate you on passing the exam with forty-six villain points!” I nod. Not bad. Though I probably would have gotten more if some random dumbasses hadn’t dispersed some of my cats.

“But wait, there’s more!” My attention is drawn back to the video. “There were also… RESCUE POINTS! After all, a hero school can’t disregard heroic actions taken! With thirty-two rescue points, for a total of seventy-eight, you are at the top of the charts!”

He gestures to the side where a list of the top ten scores pops up. I’m in first place, and directly under me is a guy named Katsuki Bakugou with seventy-seven. What’s impressive is that he got that score purely from taking down villains.

Heh. He’s probably going to be pissed when he finds out he could have gotten first place if he had only helped somebody.

I look down the list, but don’t recognize any names. At least until I get to seventh place. I can’t help my ears tilting in surprise at seeing how well Midoriya did. Thirty-two villain points and thirty-one rescue points.

“Now, normally this would be where things end and I welcome you to UA’s hero course.” Bitch Might continues, almost apologetically.

“But due to certain circumstances, UA will be implementing a new housing policy!” I freeze. Oh no. I really hope this isn’t what I’m thinking it is…

“UA now has dorms for students to reside on campus! Of course, in most cases a guardian’s permission is needed. However!” Just when I thought I was in the clear. “For you, Catia Akihiro, no permission is needed since-” He cuts himself off, his eyes widening.

Is this dumbass really reading this shit from a fucking cue card!?

Bitch Might coughs into his fist. “Ah. Um, my apologies for your loss.” He clears his throat. “As I was saying. Due to a lack of a legal guardian, you will be residing at the new dorms post haste! Things have already been cleared and you will be able to move in the moment you get this message!”

He gives me a thumbs up while I seethe. “I understand that you had plans to live on your own, but what kind of hero school would we be if we didn’t do all we could for our students? Welcome, young lady, to UA! PLUS ULTRA!”

The video cuts off and I stare at it.

“This could be a problem.”

𝌡𝌡𝌡

This could be a problem.

Nezu, the principal of UA sips his tea while he contemplates these words. Of course as the head of the school, he can have Powerloader put recording devices into the welcoming device. As well as trackers.

Usually they’re simply to record their responses and play them back when they graduate. But every once in a while something like this pops up. Something that can prove…

“Entertaining.”

48