Chapter 17
2.8k 13 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HUFF! HUFF!

 

CLANG! CLANG!

 

I sweated profusely as I practiced the sword moves, I already knew on a wooden dummy. Why was I practicing on a dummy you ask?

 

Well, let’s go back a few hours. After the last conversation, Kent told me this, “For now young master, please practice the moves you already know on a dummy. No matter how much you remember, it’s always important to practice, especially since you neglected training, all these years. Also, it will serve as a workout to improve your overall body fitness.”.

 

And so, I was practicing sword swings for the last few hours. I am not going to lie, it’s very hard and tiring, especially on this body.

 

However, the more I practice the easier it becomes to swing the sword.

 

After sometime Cindy said, “Young master, it’s time to take a bath. Lunch will be served shortly.”.

 

Ah, the morning training session already ended huh? 4 hours sure ended quickly.

 

I nodded and told Cindy, “Ok, let’s go.”. And followed her after bidding Kent goodbye.

 

Cindy said, “Good job, young master.”. I smiled and said, “Thank you, Cindy.”.

 

After that I took a bath to clean by sweat. After that I waited for a few minutes for Cindy to call me lunch.

 

Then Cindy came and said, “Young master, lunch is served.”. I nodded and followed her to the dining room.

 

At the dining room mother was already sitting, waiting for me. My father had already left for the capital today morning as he had some important work to do.

 

He was generally very busy, being both the Finance minister and a Duke. Still, he makes time in his busy schedule for both me and mother, I am thankful for that.

 

Seeing me, mother said, “Ah David, come here and sit.”, and pointed to the seat beside her, which I did.

 

“How you training?”, she asked.

 

“It was good.”, I said with a smile. “Good to hear.”, said mother happily.

 

Then the food was served. We had fish, roasted pig, and a few rice dishes, yes there is also rice in this world and people do enjoy it. Well, the original novel was Japanese so this is not surprising.

 

After that we did some small talk while eating. After eating we both went to rooms to rest.

 

We would take a rest about half an hour before starting our magic training. It is because it’s difficult to start training immediately after eating a stomach full of food.

 

I rested for about half an hour. After seeing in the wall clock in my room indicate that time is passed, I said to Cindy, “Cindy, I am going to train now. See you later.”.

 

“Yes, young master, wish you the best.”, said Cindy bowing.

 

Mother told me come after half an hour on my own as there was no need for to prepare for it and it will start when I arrive.

 

So, I didn’t need anyone to check if mother was ready and walked to my parents’ room.

 

I knocked the door.

 

KNOCK! KNOCK!

 

“Mother, it’s me.”, I said. “Come in.”, said mother.

 

As I entered my parents’ room I took in the decorations. It had the finest of  decorations, from the art on the wall to the furniture, to the chandelier. It’s exuded wealth.

 

The King sized bed a canopy and was made  from the finest wood.

 

Mother was sitting on the sofa at the room. She said, “Sit here sweetie.”, and motioned me to sit in the chair opposite of her.

 

She was reading some books related to magic before I came in. I guess to help with her lesson, I was grateful for that.

 

“Ok, then, before we start, tell me what you know till now.”, said mother.

 

I told her what I knew. Now to be clear, the level of a spell doesn’t really depend on the level of the mage who casted them.

 

It depended on the amount of mana one had and their ability to control the said mana.

 

 Of course, a low-ranked mage will lose all their mana trying to cast a high-level spell. However, a mid-ranked mage can use a high-level spell, however they can do that only thrice and after that they will not be able to use other spells.

 

You see, the higher the spell level, the more mana it consumes. An arc mage will be able to use multiple high-level spells and even higher-level ones, due to the huge amount of mana and superior mana control they possess.

 

A mid-level spell requires 1.5 times the mana required for a low-level spell, while a high-level spell requires 3 times the mana required by a mid-level spell.

 

Anyway, back to the present. After hearing what I said, mother nodded satisfactorily and said with a smile, “Yes, that’s correct. You know a lot, mom’s happy for you. Now, you are currently a low-level mage due to your mana level, however, you need to learn how to control your mana more effectively, otherwise you will lose mana during battles.”.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes, mother.”. By the way my swordsmanship was just below low-tier sword expert level. That’s because I neglected practicing for a long time.

 

The protagonist is the same at the start of the story. He reaches high-tier sword expert level at the end of the story. The reason he doesn’t reach the sword-master level is because it’s very rare and very difficult to achieve it.

 

People reach it at their 40’s or late 30’s at the earliest. So, comparatively he was quite skilled with a chance of reaching sword-master level in the future, due to his skill. And of course, he was better than all his peers at that age.

 

Most of them were low-tier sword experts, with some reaching mid-tier. In other words, he was genius for his age.

 

The same could be said for mages and arc mages. Arc mages were rare due to same reason.

 

So, I have to get my shit together and improve cause if I have to face him in the future, I need to be able to defeat him.

 

Now coming back to my current situation.

 

The only reason my magic power is low-rank is because it accumulates as people grow up, and now I have barely reached low-rank.

 

“Ok, then start trying to control your mana. That will be today’s lesson. After you learn to control it perfectly, I will teach you new things.”, said mother.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes, mother.”, as I closed and began to channel all the mana in my body, trying to control it.

 

As mother said, it took me today’s entire lesson hours to finally gain control of my mana somewhat.

 

After lesson mother said, “You have done well. Tomorrow, try again and I am sure you will be able to control it fully. We can begin learning new things, from the second half of the magic class tomorrow.”.

 

“Yes, mother.”, I said. Phew, controlling magic was much harder than I thought but I have to do it for my future.

83