Chapter 18
2.6k 5 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ok, I’ll be off now, see you at dinner.”, I said, as I got up to head back to my room after the lesson was over.

 

“Wait!”, said mother, as I was about to leave. “Yes, mother?”, I asked.

 

“Have you become thinner? Your clothes look loose.”, said mother. I looked down and saw that indeed, my clothes were loose.

 

Great, that means that the potion is working. But, what does she mean thinner? I am still very fat.

 

I said, “Ah yes, this is due to a weight loss potion that I am drinking. Don’t worry, it’s 100% safe.”.

 

My mother was a bit shocked at the revelation, she said, “Weight loss? Why do you have to lose weight? You are already perfect. And, what if the potion is dangerous?”.

 

My weight is perfect? Like, what? Well, whatever, I guess mothers think like that, well I wouldn’t know even if that were the case, since I didn’t have any parents in my past life.

 

I sighed and said, “Mother, objectively speaking, I am far from perfect shape. I need to do this so that I don’t die in the dungeon, due to not being able to move freely. Also, don’t worry the potion is safe, I am 100% sure.”.

 

At this, my mother became quiet. After a few seconds she sighed and said, “Alright, if you say so. But be careful.”.

 

I smiled and said, “Yes, mother.”.

 

Then mother said, “But we need to get you new clothes, let’s go clothes shopping tomorrow.”.

 

“No, I will lose weight everyday for one week, due to the potion, so it will be waste to shop for new clothes.”, I said.

 

“What? Lose weight every day? That’s dangerous. We need someone to take a look at that potion.”, said mother worriedly.

 

I shook my head and said, “No, don’t worry about it. It works that way. Like I said, it’s safe.”.

 

“But..”, said my mother. I immediately said, “Please believe me. I need this.”, with such a serious look that it shut her up.

 

“Fine, anyway, but that shouldn’t be a problem as we can always buy new clothes. We can tell the shop owner to visit our mansion, if you don’t to go.”, said mother.

 

Well, this is true, we are that rich after all. But, still, I don’t want to waste money on unnecessary things. Plus, it’s a hassle to shop for clothes every day. Even if we tell them to come to our manor.

 

 “No mother, I will buy clothes, one week later. Instead call the manor’s resident tailor to fit my clothes in the meantime.”, I said.

 

The resident tailor in the mansion is paid a fully time wage and only works exclusively for us. He is responsible for the servants’ clothes, repairing and occasionally does fix our clothes, in case of an emergency.

 

Since he is already paid, we won’t lose money that way. So that works well for me.

 

“Ok, have it your way.”, said mother. She then called for a servant by ringing a bell on her table.

 

RING! RING!

 

A maid came in and said, “Yes, madam, what is your command?”. “Call Tailor Allistor.”, said mother.

 

“Yes, mam.”, said the maid and left. She came back with the tailor.

 

Allistor asked, “Yes, Duchess, young master, how may I help you?”.

 

He had brown hair and brown eyes and was a wearing a white shirt and brown pants. He had black shoes and a measuring tape on his neck, he also wore glasses, he was a middle-aged man.

 

“Fix David’s clothes.”, said mother.  Allistor bowed and said, “Yes, mam.”.

 

I then said, “This way.”, and took him to my room. Where he measured me and altered some clothes.

 

“Make me a leather belt to fit in my pants, make it sturdy.”, I said. Allistor looked started but he nodded and bowed and said, “Yes, young master.”, and he began to work on it.

 

Today wasn’t the only day, after today Allistor would alter my clothes every day for seven days.

 

This is the main reason that I didn't take the potion, immediately after buying it. I didn’t have time to buy new clothes and since I would still lose weight, that would be redundant.

 

I had to maintain an image due to being a Duke’s heir. I cannot wear loose and oddly fitting clothes. And I also cannot have wardrobe malfunctions, due to loose clothes.

 

This wasn’t a problem when I was at home in the Duke’s mansion and Allistor can always alter my clothes.

 

And with that, the day ended. Dinner was nothing special and I did small talk with my parents.

 

I went to bed tired but happy and vowed to work hard tomorrow too.

 

I fell asleep almost immediately, after hitting the bed.

85