Chapter 19
3.1k 10 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning I woke up with pain all over my body. It must have been the result of the training I did yesterday.

 

This is what happens, when you slack off for years. Anyway, I struggled a bit and got up and freshened myself and got ready for my training.

 

I felt sluggish and sore but I still had to do it. One thing I liked about this world was that David did the bathing and freshening himself, instead of relying  on maids, unlike what nobles in medieval times.

 

Now, I didn’t know if it was only David who did it or it was the same for other nobles but I am thankful. Because, it’s embarrassing to expose yourself to other people like that.

 

Anyway, after putting on the training clothes, I took a stamina potion, I had to do so, otherwise I couldn’t even move due to the fatigue from the previous day. Man, this body sucks.

 

After that I reported to the training grounds and started the running of 50 laps like yesterday.

 

HUFF! HUFF!

I was able to do them properly due to the stamina potion. But, what was surprising was that I didn’t need another stamina potion for the next part of the training session like yesterday.

 

The rest in-between was enough, this time. So, losing weight was helpful after all. That’s great.

 

As I was doing a few swings, practicing what I knew, Kent came and said, “Young master, I think that’s enough practice, let’s learn new things.”.

 

Great, just what I wanted. I nodded and said, “Ok, let’s do it.”.

 

Then I was taught some advance techniques that Knights of the Ackerman Duchy use.

 

Kent said, “This is just the beginning, young master. There’s a lot more to learn. So, please pay attention.”.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes, Kent.”. Today I only learned some of the basics of the advanced techniques.

 

I practiced by myself after I was taught. Kent said after observing for some time, “I must say, young master. Though I think I shouldn’t say this, lest it goes to your head and you stop training like before. But, to have understood the basics of the advanced in just a few hours and perfectly replicate it, this is unbelievable.”.

 

I smiled and said, “Don’t worry Kent. I won’t quit like before. After all....”.

 

Kent asked, “After all?”.

 

I smirked and said, “I want to see, how strong I can really be.”. At this, Kent smiled and nodded in understanding.

 

I did need a stamina potion in the middle of the training though. But I guess, this was an improvement.

 

After that, as yesterday, I took a bath, had lunch and later went to my mother for magic lesson.

 

Today, after about half the time for the magic lessons, as I controlling my mana, mother said, “Ok, David, that’s enough. You have achieved satisfactory control of your mana. Now, time to learn new things.”.

 

Yes, another thing I was waiting for. I smiled and said, “Yes, mother, let’s do it.”.

 

Mother got up and said, “Follow me.”. And I did. We walked and reached the back of the mansion, where there was an unused area, surrounded by trees.

 

Mother said, “Ok, this place is good enough.”.

 

She then turned to me and said, “David, I am going to tech you some new spells. Watch and learn.”.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes, mother.”.

 

Then mother aimed at the group of trees and chanted, “Heed my words, the power that lies within me, turn into spears of ice and pierce my enemy. Icicle spear.”, pointing her right hand at the trees.

 

Multiple spears of ice formed around her and then instantly hit the trees and turned them into splinters of wood.

 

I couldn’t help but watch in awe. Mother then turned to me and smiled and said, “Now, you try. First, try the [Chanting] method, if you can do it, then you can try your [Chant Less] style.”.

 

I nodded and then pointed at another group of trees and then said, “Heed my words, the power that lies within me, turn into spears of ice and pierce my enemy. Icicle spear.”.

 

I could feel mana draining from my body, but as I could control it, the drain wasn’t significant. Then…

 

Multiple spears of ice formed around me and hit the tree, just like it did for my mother.

 

Mother happily clapped and said, “As expected, my son is a genius. You got it in the first try.”.

 

I smiled in response. I then tried it [Chant Less] and that worked well too. David, you have been wasting your life, if you really trained really hard like this before, nobody your age would have come close.

 

It’s such a waste of talent. But as expected of the final boss, who even the protagonist couldn’t defeat alone, I guess.

 

After that we practiced several spells like that. Of different elements, like fire, water, earth etc.

 

After that the day ended like usual.

 

The next day, I learned new things as well. But what was different was that I required only one stamina potion.

 

Also, that day was also the day for the final weight loss potion. Like that I continued for 7 days.

 

The stamina potion was not required for the last two days. The seventh day…

 

I woke up and looked myself in the mirror. I looked really slim. Most, if not all the fat has been drained.

 

The weight loss potion worked wonders. Looking at me was a boy whose face was really handsome.

 

Yes, this is what I was talking about. I bet it will turn heads.

 

I closed my eyes and held my chin saying, “I can probably kill with these looks. Yes, I am the most handsome person in the world.”.

 

I continued my delusions for a few seconds before I heard Cindy from outside the door of my room saying, “Young master, you are going to be late for training.”.

 

Which brought me back to earth and I quickly left the room for the training grounds.

 

For the last two days or so I was being stared at by a lot of people, I guess that was due to my looks.

 

Anyway, Kent said, “Young master, today will be the last of the basics of the advanced technique. From the next day, you will spar with the Knights to train.”

 

I nodded and said, “Alright.”, and began with my training for today, first the running and then the practice of the previously learned techniques and finally learning new things.

 

Then during the magic class too, I learned new things.

 

At dinner today mother said, “David, today is the last time you will lose weight, correct? I can’t bear you getting thinner.”.

 

My father who came back today and joined for dinner said, “Your mother is correct. Anymore is unhealthy.”.

 

I said with a smile, “Yes, father, mother, I won’t get any thinner.”.

 

Mother smiled and said, “Then, let’s go buy clothes for you tomorrow. Your father is busy, so I’ll go with you.”.

 

I said, “Can’t I go alone?”. It’s embarrassing to go shopping with one’s parent at this age, especially in this world, where 15 is considered adult.

 

Mother said, “You don’t want to take your mother? That makes me so sad. Sob, sob..”, and began to cry.

 

I sighed and said, “Fine.”. Mother immediately smiled and said, “That’s my boy.”.

 

I feel like, I have been tricked.

89