Chapter 20
2.2k 9 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, I was sitting in a carriage along with my mother as we headed to the clothes shop to buy clothes for.

 

I was feeling uncomfortable having my mother accompany me clothes shopping but my mother was in a good mood. She was humming happily, while looking outside the window of the carriage.

 

It was a sunny morning and the streets were filled with several people, going on with their day.

 

When they saw our carriage passing, with the Duchy’s logo, they all bowed and made a path for us.

 

All in all, it was a pleasant atmosphere. The Duchy’s capital is indeed a nice place.

 

After moving for some time, the carriage stopped in front of a shop.

 

The shop was a huge mansion, with front glass windows, showcasing their merchandise. The building had ornate designs on it’s walls.

 

The front door was made of expensive wood with even more intricate design. The building was ultramarine in color. The shop had multiple floors, with both men’s and women’s clothes.

 

The lower floor was men’s clothing. The name of the shop was Igor’s Clothing.

 

It was managed by both Igor and his wife, who oversaw the men’s and women’s clothing respectively.

 

The door of the carriage and mother walked out first, followed by me.

 

As soon as I got out of the carriage, I saw several people looking at me, especially women.

 

They were whispering amongst themselves, things like…..

 

“Who is he? I have never seen or heard of anyone from the Duchy, who looks this handsome.”.

 

“Maybe he is the young master?”.

 

“What? But I heard he looks….different.”.

 

“Maybe those were false rumors?”.

 

“Yes, maybe….”.

 

“Oh my gosh, he is so good looking.”.

 

“His face won’t lose to any of the actors in plays.”.

 

“I wish I could marry someone like him.”.

 

“His face is cut above the rest.”.

 

And many other things.

 

Hearing that boosted my already inflate ego, regarding my looks. But of course I am not stupid enough to do something silly due to that, I just admire myself that’s all.

 

Mother didn’t pay any attention to anyone and entered the shop and I followed.

 

RING! RING!

 

As, we entered the shop a bell ring, signally our visit.

 

All the employees and customers stopped what they were doing upon seeing us and bowed.

 

Then a short middle-aged man scurried to us, he was wearing a black suit with a top hat and he had a mustache. His hair and mustache were blue in color, his eye was grey in colour. He was also wearing a monocle.

 

He approached us and bowed and said, “Welcome Duchess, young master to my humble shop. What kind of clothes would you like to buy?”.

 

As he said that, a lady wearing a yellow dress, with red hair and brown eyes hurried to us, she looked around the middle aged guy’s age. She was the middle aged guy’s wife.

 

“Welcome Duchess, young master.”, she said hurriedly.

 

“Hello Igor, Giselle. I am here to buy clothes for my son.”, said mother, hiding her face behind a fan.

 

“Yes of course, follow me.”, said Igor and took us to a lounge. We were served tea and snacks as we were shown the various clothes they had.

 

They also had a changing room attached, so we could try out the clothes, we could even order alterations. The lounge was luxurious with chandeliers and expensive furniture.

 

So, I spent most of the morning shopping for clothes. It took a lot of time as my mother insisted that I try on multiple clothes.

 

It was a pain in the neck and her reactions to me wearing different kinds of clothes were embarrassing.

 

“Oh my, you look so cute!”.

 

“You look very handsome.”.

 

Etc. etc.

 

After that we returned home with our carriage full of clothes.

77