Chapter 24
1.9k 7 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One month passed in the blink of an eye. I still one month left before school started again.

 

As for the progress of my training, here are the brief descriptions of each of them…..

 

Swordsmanship:

 

Every alternate morning, I would do sword training with Kent. One of the days of training…

 

I faced off against an apprentice Knight who has joined the Knights of the Duchy recently. This is my second sparring session today; I defeated another apprentice Knight before this.

 

These sessions are mainly for me to get practical experience and honing the basics of the advanced techniques that I learned.

 

As we faced each other, Kent shouted, “Start!”.

 

“HAAAA…”, my opponent shouted and rushed towards me with his sword. I calmy observed him and then..

 

CLANG!

 

I blocked his sword with mine. And before he could recover from the shock, I twisted my hand caused him to drop his sword.

 

CLUNK!

 

And the pointed my sword at his neck.

 

“The winner is young master David.”, said Kent. And after the match he gave me some advice regarding my swordsmanship. He does that after every match.

 

Due to this, I am learning a lot.

 

Magic:

 

After the training with either Kent or Sieg, I trained magic with mother every day. One of the days of the training….

 

“Let’s see, what you can do.”, said mother with a smiling face.

 

We were in the training ground of the mansion but it was isolated by a magic barrier by mother, to make sure my training doesn’t cause damage to the mansion.

 

“Yes, mother.”, I said. The ground before me was simply a barren patch of land, there were no dummies for sparring or anything.

 

Things have ben removed so as not to destroy them.

 

I thought in my mind the spell, [Blizzard], I was able to execute it without speaking or chanting, because of my [chant less magic] ability.

 

VOOOM! WHOOOOSHHHH!

 

Icy winds began to blow making the above sound and before long, the entire area was covered with ice, temperatures dropped rapidly and I was shivering.

 

“Well done.”, said mother with a smile, she was ok as she was outside the magic barrier.

 

Assassin techniques:

 

One of the days when I was training with Sieg.

 

“Young master, I am standing in this training field. Please hide your presence and try to attack me. Of course, it goes without saying that you have to be out of my sight first to do it, so please do so.”, said Sieg.

 

“Yes.”, I said and moved out of sight.

 

Yes, I have learnt the [presence concealment] skill from Sieg after some time.

 

The trick was, according to Sieg’s words, “Firstly, take control of all the magic power in your body. Then concentrate them into one place and hide it inside of you. Do not let it leak out, otherwise your prey can detect you. To silence your movements, you can use magic barriers on your feet but make sure to pull it out efficiently so as not to be detected.”.

 

I had already controlled my magic power thanks to mother, so I only had to do the later part. But it was more difficult than expected and I had to practice for several days, to get the hang of it.

 

I then concealed my presence and then jumped to the roof of the mansion and then located Sieg’s position and then went straight for the neck with a nerve attack.

 

But alas…

 

THUD!

 

My attack was completed blocked by Sieg. He then smiled and said, “Young mater, you have improved a lot, an ordinary person would have no chance against this attack.”.

 

“Then, how did you block it?”, I asked.

 

Sieg smiled and said, “I did say an ordinary person. The reason I was able to detect your attack was that you used too much magic on your hand to do it. I could sense faint traces of magic, otherwise it was great. Also, since I am experienced, I can tell from the flow of wind so, even if your magic leak was zero, I would have noticed it.”.

 

I sighed and said, “I see.”.

 

Truly, this guy is terrifying.

 

Anyway, coming back to the present. Currently, my swordsmanship has just reached [Low-tier sword expert] and my magic is near the top of [Mid-ranked mage] level.

 

Although my progress is very small it can’t be helped as I ignored training for a long time.

 

In fact, it can be said that the progress was better than expected.

 

Now, I think I should try challenging the dungeon in our territory. Not only will this put me ahead of the protagonist but also, it’s good to do so as the level of the dungeon in the school is nowhere near the level of dungeon outside.

 

This will give me some much-needed real world experience.

 

So, I decided to ask my father about that.

64