Chapter 28
1.8k 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we passed through the wormhole we arrived at a cave like area. It was a rocky formation with rocks everywhere.

 

The walls had small glittering multicoloured stones. These were the magic stones mined from the dungeons.

 

To mine them you have to fight the monsters that spawn near them. Since this is the first level we haven’t seen any monsters yet, otherwise we would have run into monsters immediately after encountering magic stones.

 

The magic stones here were low in value for obvious reasons. As you go deeper into the dungeons the value of magic stones also increases. The stones also become larger in size and have more stored magic power.

 

The boss rooms contain unique and more powerful magic stones than what you find outside, which you can obtain by defeating the boss.

 

Either due to this being the first floor of the dungeon or due to this being early in the morning, there was no one else on this floor beside us.

 

So, I removed the magic on my bracelet and turned back to my original self, from my orc-human self, named Gaius Stelis, though I used another cloak that I prepared earlier for this kind of thing to cover myself to protect my identity in case someone appears.

 

Then I took out my sword and other battle gears from my storage ring. I didn’t take any of the magic stones as I didn’t come here for them and also trying to sell them might get caught.

 

Then we made our way deeper into the dungeon.

 

After sometime Sieg said, “Young master, there they are.”.

 

I looked at the direction he was pointing, and sure enough there were about 50 slimes huddled together.

 

Slime were common monsters on the first floor of the dungeons, almost every dungeon has them on the first floor.

 

In the original it was said that about 10 slimes appeared at first before the protagonist in the academy dungeon.

 

So, yeah, the dungeons outside the academy are much tougher.

 

“Young master, don’t worry too much. Slimes are extremely weak monsters; they easily get killed with a stab from a sword. So, just go get them. We will cover you if anything happens.”, said Kent.

 

I nodded at everyone and stepped forward. The slimes slowly started moving towards me, still huddled together.

 

 Despite what they said, I am very nervous.

 

Slime may be seen as the weakest monsters, however, I have seen enough anime and read enough LN’s and manga to know that slimes are not to be underestimated.

 

One slime even became a demon lord.

 

Anyway, deciding that I wouldn’t face them head on, I activated the spell [Icicle Spear] by saying it inside my head, 50 spears of ice formed around me.

 

Then I waved my hand towards the slimes and……

 

WHOOSH!

 

The spears raced towards the slimes. They then pierced them and due to that the slimes started bursting.

 

PLOP! PLOP!

 

In an instant all 50 slimes were bursted. Then the bursted slimes turned into white mist and made towards me.

 

As they entered my body, I felt an increase in mana inside my body. Due to a lot of slimes being killed the feeling lasted for a few seconds instead of instantly disappearing.

 

Thus, for the first time in life, I experienced getting stronger in the dungeon. But it becomes more difficult the stronger you get.

 

Due to be being a beginner, only killing 50 slimes increased by power a little bit, otherwise I would have almost zero gains as the slimes are that low in mana and that weak.

 

I will need to hunt stronger monsters soon.

 

“Good job, young master.”, said Kent. “Yes, good job.”, said Sieg nodding. The others nodded as well.

 

“Thank you.”, I said. And we made further inside.

 

We made more slimes as we got deeper but I used my sword this time, seeing they were weak and didn’t splurt any dangerous liquids out.

 

After killing 1000 or so slimes, we finally made it to the boss room. I was never in danger here and took care of all of the monsters myself, which was expected since this was the first floor.

 

I also tested my magic sensing abilities and other senses by trying to predict when the slimes would appear.

 

It was good training.

 

The boss room was huge, it could fit 100 people inside. It looked empty inside, but as soon as we went inside, the wall opening which allowed us inside, disappeared and became a solid wall.

 

“Don’t worry, this is how it always happens.”, said Sieg and I nodded in understanding.

 

Then a storm of white mist appeared in front of us and formed a huge slime. It was at least 30 feet tall.

 

It was red in colour as opposed to the earlier slimes I faced, which were blue in colour.

 

“That is the first floor boss.”, said Sieg.

 

“The [King Slime], it’s different from other slimes as it spits out an acid when stabbed, which is even capable of melting weapons. And it is very durable, requiring multiple stabs to kill. A lot of first time adventurers make the mistake of underestimating it and have all their weapons melted or in worse cases end up being seriously burned. So, be careful, young master.”, said Kent.

 

I nodded in understanding.

 

Sheesh, that’s a troublesome foe. I am glad that we have some distance between us and the [King Slime].

 

The [King Slime] made it’s way towards us but thankfully, due to it’s size, it’s speed was very slow.

 

Now, what do I do?

39