Chapter 8 – Passing Memories…
2.1k 16 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"See you tomorrow you two!!"

"See you later, Reimu, Okuu!"

"Later..."

After we're done eating ice cream, then some sandwich (Brought by Edward) while talking here and there, we part ways to do our own business... Well, the ones that do most of the talking is Edward and Okuu while I just listened quietly... 

They both energetically wave their hands at me as they walk off... With a conflicted feeling, I replied to their goodbyes with my hand raised a bit in a waving motion... 

What such a bunch of energetic kids... Wait, I'm also one of them... Hash, grand's really rubbing on me huh?

With that, I started walking toward the direction of a specific store to buy some herbs and tea while thinking of the whole fiasco...

Where to start... Well, I can understand why Grand said that Okuu will bring trouble if she's not being handled right...

I recalled what grandma told me that day as she particularly begged me to transfer into that school. . . 

==============================

"The thing is... In the future, there'll be a person of great power, not truly powerful, but... Hm, destructive to be more specific, and if not handled correctly, this Raven, will bring about the apocalypse..."

"... How does that make sense? She's powerful enough to do that, but she's not that strong?"

"Well... Let's say the only one that'll survive her rage is powerful heroes and powerful villains, while weaker villains, heroes, and civilians... Would be annihilated in the crossfire"

"... Wouldn't it be better if-"

"No, it wouldn't, that'll just make her angry and become stronger... She's an abnormality, she's... Like a Yokai in a mortal body..."

==============================

Like a Yokai in a Mortal body... Not Hanyo, the half-human half-yokai, but a yokai trapped in a human body...

The chance of someone born as a Yokai out here is absolutely zero thanks to the Great Hakurei Barrier, not to mention there's no record of a Yokai being born like her, Yokai like her have existed before, but that's the result of them being sealed into a mortal body, and remembering her personality makes me realize how badly she'll probably react to certain situations

This is troubling, even Grand's powerful future sight cannot see what's the cause of her rage... It would not be a laughing matter if she got extremely enraged because a villain kill her pet bunny... She said that her quirk is a Mutant Hybrid of Sun and Shadow Crow right...? If she were a Yokai... Yatagarasu?... No, no way... But... The last time I check, Yata did die... Didn't know the cause though, cause that's in my grandma's grandma era... 

Although it is unknown to humans nowadays, it is known to us Gensokyo's Shrine maidens, that Yokai are truly a group of monsters, it is only through many battles and long years, has Yokai in Gensokyo become more human-like... Although some of them are still monstrous in terms of personality...

And although some Yokai might die, they'll be back in a couple of years by reincarnation, some take more than 100 years, some with full memory, some without any memory...

"... Hm... Eh?"

For a brief moment, I got out of my thoughts... And did a double take... 

Right now, I'm in a deserted area, with a lamp post on my back, broken lamp posts around, broken phone booth... A bench with a tree on its back... 

"Why am I... *sigh* God dammit, must be that phenomenon again..."

I don't know why, well, no one knows why actually, but... There seem to be numerous times where I just walk somewhere without looking and ended up in the most bizarre places. . .

Finding myself face to face with a vampire that's having a tea time isn't that bizarre, but finding myself on top of a mountain top with a view of two Yokai duking it out is bizarre, even more so considering the battle aura they emitted, like, how did I not noticed it when I'm walking?

I really wished I could at least control this phenomenon... But that's just wishful thinking... Hmm, maybe Miss Yukari would be able to help out...

As I'm thinking while looking around, something caught my eye... 

It's a silhouette of a girl wearing a dress and a round hat on one of the dark alleyways...

A ghost...? She kept on disappearing and reappearing...

She seem to finally take notice of my presence and decide to walk closer toward me... 

Ah... Calm down Reimu, you've met many Yokai before... Well, grand was with me back then, but that's beside the point... Keep calm, and... Observe... Worst comes to worst, I'll bet everything on that phenomenon... 

The girl finally revealed herself with the light from the sun hitting her when she got out of the alleyway

With the height of 10 or so years old, with wavy, Pale green short hair and dark green eyes, with a black hat that has a yellow ribbon around it, the girl stood there with curiosity in her eyes

The bizarre thing I notice isn't the blue-purplish cords around her- no, but it's the "third eye" That's attached to those cords... That has been closed off and seemingly unresponsive as if it's "dead"

That appearance... A Satori... But... Why's she keep on disappearing? Moreover, what's a Yokai doing out here...?

"Eek!?"

Without me noticing, the girl is already on my side and poking me on my waist... 

"Hello, friend! Do you want to be Koishi's friend?"

This... Better play along for now

Although I don't know what's going on, nor do I know why this girl keeps on disappearing like a ghost, it's better to play along than enrage her... A battle of bullets (Danmaku), is not something I wanted, especially out here...

Rather, since we're outside the Great Hakurei Barrier, a Battle of bullets will definitely not be applied, I'll probably need to be facing this girl's full power if a battle broke out, and I do not like the images

Battle of bullet to put it simply, is a duel where the stronger you are, the more beautiful you need to make your attack in order to make it a fair battle against those that are weaker in the battle between the Yokais and Humans

"Sure... We can be friends"

"Ahh! Yaaayyy!!"

With a face full of satisfaction and happiness, she wave her hands around with exaggeration just like a child, after which she grab one of my hands and dragged me off

"Come here, friend! I know a fun place we could play at!"

"Right behind you..."

Really hope you meant what you mean by a fun place... And not whatever I'm thinking...

With that, we're walking with our hands linked, towards the "fun" Place this Koishi leading me to...

...

... 

... 

... 

... 

.. 

After what felt like hours, we finally arrived at Koishi's fun place... 

"Here we are!"

"This is..."

"You like it?"

Honestly? Yea, I'm surprised... 

What stood beyond... Is a small theme park, although it's not open right now, it is still a theme park with a playground that doesn't need electricity

"Yea... I like it"

Though, it's really deserted... Maybe something about Koishi scaring people here

"Hehehe! I thought so! Let's go! Let's go! There's a big cliff where we can have fun on by sliding down on it!"

"You mean a big slide?"

"Ohh! You called it a big slide? That's a good naming! From now on, mister big cliff shall be named mister big slide"

I'm glad I took her offer of becoming friends... Gods know what'll happen if I refuse...

Because for Yokai... The happiest one is either a dork... Or a crazy one, no in between

Looking at her expressions, it is unknown which one she is, but judging by how she talks, and her eyes that seems to turn maniacal sometimes... I'm betting the latter

But still... She's really not reacting to whatever's on my mind huh?... Maybe because of her closed third eye... 

From what I learned from Grand, the Satori species is the kind of Yokai that could read people's minds, which is why a lot of people hated them

The girl then suddenly did a twirl with a smile on her face, she took my arm then gently tugged me toward the slide

"C'mon c'mon! Let's go! Let's go!"

"Alright alright, I'm right behind you..."

What's up with people tugging on my arms... Am I THAT tuggleable? 

What follow is something that usually happens when you visit a theme park

We slide down the big slide, ride a small rollercoaster (Thanks to my talisman powering it) ride the round and also eat some food (My lunch, which is not enough for two) 

Although it is a weird experience... It's not bad... 

I wouldn't mind it if all Yokai are like her... ... ... Actually, scratch that, I do mind, I do not want Yokais to keep on tugging on my arms and begging me to play with them while my show is playing on the TV... 

We sat on a bench, and do a little chit-chat, from here, I... Think Koishi closes her third eye exactly because she doesn't want to be hated... Because that's the only logical explanation I had, considering the person herself doesn't remember why her third eye is closed

"Hehehe! I had a lot of fun! Compare to before!"

"Really?"

"Really!"

"I see... Then, Koishi, can you tell me why your third eye is like that?"

"Hm? Koishi doesn't really know, but Koishi does know that Koishi has more fun than, ever now!"

We kept on talking for a while, after done with one of our talks, I've now realized we had talked and played for a long time, to the point the sun cannot be seen anymore

"Ah... It's already dark out... I better get going now-"

As I look to the side, I see nothing but the theme park landscape... I look around with confusion on my face...

"... Why am I here again?"

No, I'm pretty sure I'm talking to someone, cause there's no way I'll be playing around in this theme park alone and wasted my Yokai energy on it, and there's no way it's that phenomenon doing considering I've never encountered a situation where it makes me do actions other than just walking... 

I look around to find nothing, no one around, no one but the bundles of cats on one of the benches...

"... Are you there? Can you hear me?"

Silence filled the air... But something tells me... That whoever I was talking to, was still here somewhere

"... You know, I know a place that's probably more fun than this empty theme park, it would be great if you could follow me to it"

Silence again... But... 

"... Alright... Follow me if you want to go to that place"

I then stood up from the bench and began walking towards the direction of my home, The Hakurei Shrine within Gyonsoko

... 

... 

... 

.. 

.. 

==============================

[Okuu's Mom POV]

"You know, I feel like you're slowly becoming more and more like a detective rather than the head security officer"

I look towards my hubby that has finally come back from his work tonight

"Hitomi... Why are you still up?"

"Well... You know... It's the usual"

"... You're horny?"

"NO!"

I shouted at him without much thought, which, make me panic and make me quickly cover my mouth... 

"... Kinda pointless to close your mouth..."

"... *sigh*... It's about work... I'm... Thinking of applying to the heroes association"

With a look of surprise (As much surprise as that stone face could show) he ask me why

"Well... I'm thinking about Okuu..."

"Then why did you jump to that conclusion?"

"Well, you see... She wanted to be a hero... But I know her enough to know that it's... Not exactly what she wanted to be"

I look around the living room then I decide to sit on the sofa... While Kuro, my hubby, decides to sit on the carpet like always

"Okuu... She wants to be free... She wants to fly without restrictions, she wants to use her power however she wants, and she's kind enough to help others... But not enough to want to rush into danger to help those she doesn't know... ... I... Want to fulfill her wish... I want her to fly high in the sky like the bird that she is... ... But taking the hero test and then getting the hero license is the only way to do it... I'm... Worry... Worry that the villain will target her regardless of whatever she is, whether or not she's an active hero or just a hero in the name..."

I took a deep breath to calm myself, I'm never good at these kinds of things, and my husband knows that... This is why he's listening with intense focus so as to not miss even a single word... 

"I... Want to join the hero to see what they have in store, what villain she'll most likely face, and... At the very least, be one of her shields when the villain decides to track her..."

"So... You want to take the 'aggro' in simpler terms"

"Yes, that's... Right..."

And out of all of us... I'm probably the only one that have great endurance, with my Quirk, I can run for days as long as I store up enough energy when the sun is out, although Okuu has the potential to be the same, I don't think she can, with the development that I've seen, she'll more likely to become a hit and runner that's unable to tank a single hit

I also can't count on my husband to do this job considering his quirk isn't the greatest for fighting... One hit from a battle quirk, and then he's out

"... Well... If you're going to be one, try to not push yourself too hard... Because you're more likely to run toward the distant land to help some rando in need out of all of us"

"Ehehehe... Well... I'll try"

He then gets up from the carpet and gives me a kiss on my cheeks, which surprises me because he's rarely is the one to take the initiative

"Don't die, alright?"

"Hey! Don't you dare raise the flag of death for me!"

"Well, I'm a crow, so I'm certain that a good luck charm from one will throw all those death flags into the garbage can"

"... *haah*... Let's... Sleep?"

"*chuckle* Sure"

With the future set, we went to our room to sleep together... 

... 

Sorry, this one take a long while cause I ran out of "writer's high" juice, hope you enjoy the chapter!

86