Chapter 6
1.4k 14 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Ito - Oni Chief|

I look at the four Carrots before me and smile a little. I look at my brother and say.

"It is truly working, right?"

My brother, Nito, nods and says.

"Yes. I have tested it. I can feel my strength increase by a good amount. I train for twelve hours non-stop, and with just a little bit more push, I feel I will reach the next stage."

I nod my head. I can feel it. I can feel his Touki increase in size, and soon he will reach a High-Class being just like me.

"Good. With this we can win the tournament."

In Hokkaido, there is a tournament every twenty years that the youth can participate in. Lord Bishamonten will bless the winner. It will be a great honor for the family who wins this tournament, and the winner also will get a weapon personally given by Lord Bishamonten.

Sadly, only people under twenty-five can participate in this tournament, and our clan has not won this tournament since three hundred years ago. We will win this and get the honor.

"Take these to our sons and make sure they train really hard. They only have twenty four hours each and I don't want them to slack off. We pay a good amount of money for these."

Twenty-five million Yen for these five carrots, and I don't want it to go to waste. Nito already eats one to ensure the effect is real; now, only four are left.

"Of course, brother. I will be the one watching them train and making sure they do not slack off."

"Good. Now, have you got any information about the seller of these carrots?"

Nito shakes his head and says.

"Not much brother. Her name is Tamika Sato and she is a Kitsune who has a pair of tails."

"Two tails?"

I see. She is a Mid-Class being, huh? A kitsune is a creature that is easy to predict. The more her tail, the more powerful they will be. A one-tail kitsune is a low-class being, two to four-tails is a mid-class being, five to seven-tails is a high-class being, and eight to nine-tails is an ultimate-class being.

"Anything else?"

"She is a shrewd merchant. She managed to make a rather successful company quickly. It's only been a month since she started her company, and she is about to start a new branch in Wakkanai."

"Wakkanai? Why there? The normal human did not like that place and the people that live in that city are… the Yuki-Onna."

Yuki-Onna is a youkai that controls ice and snow. They choose that place as their residence because that city is cold, and they even fool the humans that the all-year-round snowfall is a normal thing that happens in Wakkanai.

[AN! Unlike the canon, I decided to separate Yuki-Onna and Yeti, where they turn into gorillas when they mature. Yeti will be the one who is handsome/beautiful in their youth before turning into Gorilla when they mature.]

"Hmmm, I wonder if she has a connection with Yuki-Onna. Do you know why she set up a branch in that place, brother?"

Nito shakes his head and says.

"It is only a rumor brother but I hear she wants to reach Russia for some reason."

"She opened a branch in Wakkanai so she can reach Russia? Why? The place near Wakkanai is the place filled with Werewolf. Unless she opens a business of Moonlight Potion then I don't think she will reach that part of Russia. Well, whatever. Anything else?"

Nito nods his head and says.

"I have yet to confirm this information but there is a rumor saying that she got the carrots and other goods from someone else."

"Oh? Really? She is not the one planting these vegetables, huh?"

"Yes. However, that is only a rumor and I have yet to confirm it."

"If there is smoke, there must be a fire somewhere. Search for this person. We need to make a relationship with them. Someone who can grow something like this is not an ordinary person."

"I will do that."

"Good. If there is nothing else, you are dismissed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I take a deep breath and feel the ki flowing through my body. The people of this world can have all energy inside their body, like mana, ki, and spiritual energy. I don't know how to explain it in detail, but to simplify it, mana is your mental energy, ki is your physical energy, and spiritual energy is your soul energy.

Each energy has a different container within someone's body. Someone can have three different energies with different amounts of them inside their body.

Sadly, the reality is harsh. You can train all of them, but it will take a long time. The average human mage needs more than forty years to have the same amount of mana as a mid-class being.

It is good to focus on one type rather than trying to increase them all at the same time.

However, I'm different. I have all of them, and they grow at the same time. Sadly, they are inside one single core. That means once it's gone, it's all gone. I guess you win some, and you lose some.

I take a deep breath and control my ki. After a few seconds, I open my eyes and see my ki change shape into a hoe.

I take another deep breath and swing my hand down.

"Farming Fighting Style: Hoe! Earth Surge!"

The hoe hit the ground, and when it hit, an explosion happened. The ground explodes, and a good chunk of the earth flies away at the tree I aim at. I see. So not only can this fighting style change the terrain, but it can also attack the enemy with the terrain I destroyed earlier.

However, that name is too long! System! Can I change the name of the technique? Also, can I not shout the name of my technique?!

|Sadly, no, host. Because of the rules of this world, you need to shout your technique for it to manifest. However, you can shorten the name if you want to. You need at least three words to activate the effect.|

Three words, huh? I take a deep breath and gather more ki from my body.

"Secret Technique: Earth Surge!"

I swing down my hand and have the same effect as before. Good. It is working. Let's continue.

~Four hours later~

I release a deep breath and wipe the sweat from my forehead. It is a taxing workout. The Hoe Style needs me to master its footwork. If you change terrain, you need to know how to navigate through it, and that is what I'm doing right now.

I have trained my footwork for the past four hours and even bought a training dummy to help me. It was hard, but my hard work finally paid off when I saw something appear inside my status window.

=||=

[Host: Yuuji Takano]

[Title: Exiled Heir, Void Traveler]

[Age: 18 years old]

{Body: D}

{Spirit: D-}

{Luck: F+}

~~~~

[Farm Management]

{Farm Rank: F}

{Farming Points: 7,700}

~~~

[Skill]

{Farming skill: E-}

{Cooking skill: D}

{Hunting skill: E-}

{Farming Fighting Style: F}

=||=

In the past week, I have been training my body so I can use the Farming Fighting Style, and I must say that I'm satisfied with it. The fighting style needs at least a D- in both spirit and body. Because of this, I consume a lot of Golden Carrots and Silver Radishes.

However, what gets my attention is the skill I just got. I officially become a Farming Fighting Style practitioner.

I smile a little at my progress. I take one Silver Radish from my inventory and eat it while thinking of my next activity.

I don't have anything to do while waiting for my crops to finish growing. I want to test my strength with the brown bear in this area. Should I do that? My meat supply is almost empty. The last boar I hunted was a month ago, after all.

Yeah, let's do that.

55