Ch: 194 [Everyone knows!?]
424 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The soft orange hues of the setting sun painted the sky in a breathtaking display of color as Alex stood on the deck of a private yacht, taking in the picturesque view of the ocean. The gentle sea breeze ruffled his hair, and the rhythmic sound of the waves against the yacht's hull created a soothing ambiance.

Emma's head was resting on his shoulder as they both stood there, lost in the tranquil beauty of the moment. The events of the past few months had been intense and challenging, but this evening was about finding solace and enjoying each other's company.

"You know, I never imagined that I'd be on a private yacht, watching the sunset with you," Emma said, her voice soft and contemplative.

Alex wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. "Life has a way of surprising us, doesn't it?"

She chuckled, a warm and melodious sound that blended harmoniously with the sounds of the sea. "Yes, it certainly does."

They stood in comfortable silence for a while, content to simply be in each other's presence. The sky transformed from shades of orange to deepening purples and blues as twilight settled in. The stars began to twinkle above them, casting a gentle glow over the water.

"Thank you for being here with me," Alex finally broke the silence, his voice sincere.

Emma turned her head to look at him, her crystal-blue eyes reflecting the starlight. "I should be the one thanking you. After everything that happened, you could have easily cut ties with me."

Alex smiled softly. "Emma, what happened between us was in the past. We've both grown and changed since then. And I believe in giving people second chances."

She reached up to cup his cheek, her touch soft and affectionate. "You have a big heart, Alex. It's one of the things I've always admired about you."

He leaned into her touch, his eyes locked onto hers. "And you, Emma, you're stronger than you give yourself credit for. You faced a nightmare and came out of it. You're not defined by your past mistakes."

Emma's gaze held a mixture of gratitude and vulnerability. "Being around you makes me want to be a better person."

"Then be that better person," Alex said, his voice carrying a hint of encouragement. "You have the power to shape your own destiny."

As they continued to stand on the deck, the yacht gently swaying with the waves, Emma's fingers interlocked with Alex's. It was a small gesture, but it spoke volumes about their connection and the trust that was rebuilding between them.

"Tonight is about us, Alex," Emma said, her tone becoming more playful. "No worries, no responsibilities, just this moment."

Alex grinned. "Agreed. But you know, a romantic dinner on a private yacht doesn't happen every day. I thought we could make it even more special."

Emma raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Oh? And how do you propose we do that?"

He reached into a cooler nearby and pulled out a bottle of champagne and two glasses. With a flick of his wrist, he uncorked the bottle, and the champagne bubbled over, filling the glasses.

"To new beginnings," Alex toasted, holding out a glass to Emma.

She clinked her glass against his, a genuine smile gracing her lips. "To new beginnings."

They sipped the champagne, the effervescent liquid dancing on their tongues. As they enjoyed their drinks, Alex noticed a soft glow emanating from beneath a glass cover on a nearby table. He walked over and lifted the cover, revealing an array of delectable dishes.

"I thought we could have a candlelit dinner under the stars," he said, a boyish grin on his face.

Emma's eyes lit up with delight. "You really know how to sweep a girl off her feet."

They settled down at the table, the gentle illumination from the candles casting a warm and intimate glow over their surroundings. The dishes were a mix of gourmet delights, each one carefully selected to tantalize their taste buds.

As they savored the delicious food, their conversation flowed effortlessly. They talked about their aspirations, their dreams, and even shared a few lighthearted jokes. With each passing moment, the connection between them deepened, and the wounds of the past seemed to fade into the background.

After dinner, as they gazed up at the star-studded sky, Alex felt a sense of peace and contentment that he hadn't experienced in a long time. The weight of the world was temporarily lifted, replaced by the joy of the present moment.

"Alex," Emma's voice was soft, almost hesitant.

He turned to her, his gaze searching hers. "Yes?"

She took a deep breath, her fingers tracing patterns on the tablecloth. "You know... Sometimes everything feels like a dream and I feel like I will wake up any moment and everything will just... Disappear..."

Alex leaned in and kissed her gently. "We're not dreaming," he assured her. "We're here, together, and that's all that matters."

Emma smiled, her eyes shining with emotion. "You're right," she said softly. "This is real. You're real."

They sat there on the deck, enjoying the night view of the city, but soon they went inside the yacht due to the cold wind. The interior of the yacht was just as luxurious as the exterior. A warm fire crackled in the fireplace, and plush couches provided a cozy place to sit and enjoy the ambiance.

Alex wrapped his arm around Emma's shoulders, pulling her close as they relaxed on the couch. The flickering flames cast a romantic light over their faces, and the heat from the fire warmed their bodies. They sat there for a while, content in each other's presence, until Alex broke the comfortable silence.

"So, Alex," Emma turned toward me, "Since you have so many girls in your life, have you ever thought of marriage and settling down with someone? Or maybe everyone?"

He chuckled at her question. "Well, I've always wanted to get married and start a family of my own someday."

"But?" Emma asked, sensing his hesitation.

"But I'm also afraid that I might mess it up. That I'll make the wrong decisions and hurt the people I love," he confessed, his voice tinged with a hint of regret.

"That's part of life," she replied with a reassuring smile. "We all make mistakes and learn from them. The important thing is that we keep trying, keep striving to be the best version of ourselves."

Alex let out a sigh. "I guess you're right. But as you know... Ahem..." He cleared his throat before continuing, "I have too many relationships in my life to manage. This is what I'm afraid of. I know they are very understanding and we even had some group fun. But I am afraid that if I marry one of them, the other girls would feel left out."

Emma nodded in understanding. "You're a good person, Alex. You care about the people in your life and you want to make sure you do right by them. That's admirable. But sometimes, you need to think about what's best for you. And if marriage is something you want, then you should go for it. The right woman will understand."

"What about you?" Alex asked, curious about Emma's thoughts on the matter.

"I don't know," she replied honestly. "I've never really thought about marriage. I mean, I've been so focused on my duties that I never really gave it much thought. But now, things are different. I feel like I'm finally in a good place, and I wouldn't mind exploring the possibility of taking our relationship to the next level."

"Emma..." Alex started, his eyes searching hers. "You're not just a casual fling to me. I really care about you, and I want to be with you for as long as you'll have me."

"I know," she smiled, "I am just happy to stay by your side and enjoy our little intimate moments like this and I don't think I have to tell you about how you ravish me in the bedroom..."

"Is that so?" Alex smirked, his eyes filled with mischief.

"Yes," Emma said, her tone playful as she leaned in close to him. "Now why don't you tell me who you are eyeing for?"

"Well," Alex mused, "There is one girl who comes to mind. She's beautiful, sometimes a bit crazy- but in a good way, and funny. But most importantly, she understands me on a deeper level. She knows the real me, not the public persona I put on for everyone else. And I trust her implicitly."

"Harley!?" She asked, knowingly, "You have been eyeing her for a long time. Don't think we haven't noticed..."

"What? When did you... Wait! We!?" Alex sat up straight.

"Alex, it's okay." Emma chuckled, placing a hand on his arm. "We've known for a while that you're interested in Harley. And to be honest, I think she feels the same way about you. The way she looks at you, the way she speaks to you, it's clear that she cares deeply about you."

"Yeah, I have feelings for Harley," Alex admitted, "So, everyone knows about it, huh?"

"Yup! Everyone knows about that." She nodded her head in affirmation. "I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of her. But I know that she makes you happy, and that's what's important to me."

"Are you okay with it?" Alex asked, wanting to make sure that Emma was truly alright with it.

"I am," she reassured him, "And so are the other girls. We all want you to be happy, Alex. And if Harley makes you happy, then we're all behind you one hundred percent. Besides, it's not like you are going to ignore us, right?"

"Of course not!" Alex shook his head vehemently. "I could never do that. You're all too important to me. And I love you all equally. I could never choose just one."

"Then it's settled," Emma said with a smile, "You and Harley will get married."

12