250. the English patient.
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saul Zaents arrived on time to initiate the entire procedure, with his dear friend Michael Ondaatje, and they carried out all the essential steps to bring the movie based on his dear friend's book to life.

The assembled team comes from a working group led by John Seale, who has worked diligently on the project scheduled to begin filming in May of next year, along with the production company Tiger Moth, contracted for 2 million dollars. Production expenses alone are rising; however, the majority of the selected procedures have already been completed.

Mr. Saul Zaents contemplated going first and asking some questions to an acquaintance, Harvey Weinstein, but he both hated and loved the individual who was contemporary to him. Firstly, this production had already faced rejection from 20th Century Fox; the studio wanted to hire more recognized actresses to give a positive face to the film. Zaentz doesn't want a film to be bogged down by a production that barely meets expectations, which is what both he and Michael Ondaatje desire for the movie's development.

Most importantly, the soundtrack has now been covered by a Hungarian group, Muzsikas, which has nothing to envy to those prominent names and acclaimed scenes.

-I see you've done a great job, considering the hefty production fee. -  Billy remarked.

-Well, I was hoping for a slight increase in the budget, perhaps between 25 and 28 million dollars. For now, the agreed-upon 24 million isn't enough. - Saul replied.

- It's complicated to see it that way. For now, continue with production; I'll send my accountants to conduct a thorough study. - Billy said.

-Accountants? - Saul queried.

-Of course, accountants. It's in the signed clauses. As long as it's for the film's good and satisfies its interests, I can accept it. - Billy extended his hand.  - I know it seems costly; I could invest more, but I like to scrutinize how much money I spend and why I spend it. Please don't make that face; it's a gesture I make for public revenue. - Billy explained.

One of the reasons why the film industry costs so much money is due to film production. Producers are in charge of making films, but they have one thing in common: they like to do favors, increase expenses, and cross budgets in a status of life, for everyone, for the crew, writers, or guests; everything is included in a budget, and that's why it's good to have great producers. For example, in "Little Women," the budget was valued at 15 million dollars, and they made interesting actor hires. They didn't spend more than they should have or asked for. But "The English Patient" asked for double the money.

This is the contrary; major studios hire their producers for different tasks in the film, such as sets, accommodations, and permits, and they prevent the producer from getting out of hand for the major studios.

All of that will be itemized, not denied. For example, if Mr. Zaents spends 300,000 dollars on luxury hotels, Billy has no problem, but he will incur travel expense taxes, compensations, and royalties.

Seeing Zaents's doubtful expression, Billy continued.

-Think of it this way: I want to know the expenses, and that's it. I'll itemize every expense, everything will be delivered according to tax laws. - Billy reassured.

-I see. But the investment will remain the same, - Saul said. It's not something new; independent films often do it when they invest in big productions because their money depends on the production, but Billy seems not to need it. Which now understands that money is necessary.

-Of course, only business matters, although it may seem like investing so much money isn't easy. - Billy affirmed.

-Very well, filming will complement in the summer; we have many similar ideas about who to hire, and the hiring list has already been made, sending some castings, and of course, offers to certain individuals, for example, actress Juliette Binoche, is perfect. - Saul said.

The papers about the candidates, their respective agenda spaces, and doubts, but one must understand that in production, it is a rigorous matter when the director is not an experienced person, for two simple reasons: they cannot help in the process of aiding and integrating the plot.

-Can I have them? - Billy asked. Saul nodded, not giving it much thought. Later, Jim Gianopulus would comment on all the small decisions contained in this article, although he identified some, many of the administrative forms that Hollywood used to handle were still mysterious to him.

The business conversation continued, not only about money but also about the company's distribution capability. For now, they had a distribution network wide enough to cover Europe, America, and part of Asia. However, it wasn't enough for the demand of major productions, for two reasons: the first was the number of films they distributed, and the second was the resources to invest.

It's easy to create a distributor; it's difficult to maintain it so that it distributes, at least three to five films a year as a minimum, a strict distribution burden.

**********************************************************************

Luxtoons.

The vibrant animation channel started with its original programs, not very flashy, but they began to capture children of all ages, from 6 to 7 years old to 15-17 years old. Even some adults joined in to watch, for two simple reasons: Marvel, seeing the X-Men, along with Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four comics, which they had seen since childhood, called out to a certain population. The audience doubled, and word of mouth spread through the school halls, universities, informal and formal jobs, and leisure places. In a burger joint, hotels, and the brand's toy store, cartoons were playing most of the time when there were no important events, sports, news, or unexpected occurrences.

In a house in western Illinois.

Two children watched television engrossed, without taking their eyes off the screen. For adults, it would be a striking thing, the good animation that far surpassed animations from the 60s in graphic style.

The laughter of the children could be heard as they watched the adventures of Billy and Mandy; the laughter didn't hesitate to repeat itself, then with Dexter's Laboratory, followed by the X-Men, Spider-Man, Knights of the Zodiac, Recess, and another episode of Rocko's Modern Life.

Were there too many original programs for the television channel? On the contrary, there were very few.

Until a light sign appeared, a lightsaber, a short 10-second commercial, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, with bright green letters and the Lucasfilm logo. It was at that moment that the forums collapsed.

-You should be doing your homework, - said the mother, arriving from work and standing in front of the television.

-Mama! - shouted the 8- and 11-year-old children, respectively.

-Your homework. Once I know you have it done, you can continue watching television, - said the mother.

Grandma shook her head from her chair to go to bed.

It wouldn't be long before the father arrived, exhausted from work, an average 37-year-old man with two children, aged 11 and 8, totally exhausted from the workday.

-Well, I'll check your notebooks and guides, - said the mother, picking up the scattered backpacks from the floor. A typical American family.

-Dad, - shouted the children upon seeing the man arrive.

He was happy and hugged them, changing their thoughts.

-They're going to premiere a Star Wars series. I never thought it possible, but we've seen the commercial twice, - said the younger boy, nodding. The older one chimed in.

-It's true, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, - said the older boy.

-I had no idea, - said the father, surprised by the series he browsed in his spare time, a taste acquired in his youth with the release of the Star Wars movies.

...

Star Wars Forum.

It's official, there are new movements from Lucasfilm. Since Mr. Lucas expanded the company to produce video games and two video games about Star Wars were made, our hopes for a new Star Wars saga have arisen in our hearts. Will it be a continuation of Luke Skywalker's adventures, or will they bring something new to the universe?

November 1, 1994.

A photo of the logo is seen, in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, with numerous comments about the what, how, and where. Everything is on the new animated channel Luxtoons, below or above Cartoon Network.

Leon34%: I think it's about time!

Frizteboom: Is this real, or another unfounded rumor?

Sithbitt33:There are rumors that they are planning to create a new trilogy since it became public knowledge that negotiations between Lux Animation and Lucasfilm were underway. It's not known what was agreed upon, but George Lucas gave an interview a month ago saying he was planning to expand his universe.

Forcé-23xxt: It's all a conspiracy to get us to buy the new LucasArts game.

Below the screen, a man with long hair and multiple decorations read the forums and searched for possible truths. The internet wasn't as developed, and there were only incipient communities online.

...

2