251. farewell
61 7 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

November 3.

Ten days after he had returned to San Jose, he had engaged in multiple activities with such zeal that now he could only warm up and continue with what the day offered.

As changes in the company were evident, the new secretary for Billy was a fact. Willa, 46 years old, had been part of the Lux Animation payroll for three days. Not far away, Erwin just nodded. For now, the security breaches have been repaired.

-Sir, a Miss Alice is in the lobby, - said Willa through the intercom at her desk.

-Alice Davis, - Billy inquired.

-Yes, sir, - replied to Willa.

-Tell her I'll be down shortly, - said Billy, leaving his office, Erwin's shadow trailing behind him. - I won't leave the premises. Don't worry, - Billy assured Erwin.

Erwin nodded. The new client had a taste for privacy, and apparently, he only allowed himself to be guided by two things: having enough space so that no one would disturb him while he carried out his creative, administrative, or company-related tasks while avoiding all contact with high-end restaurants, nightclubs, gatherings, and yellow risk areas.

Billy didn't want to have that meeting with the woman he had deceived. Caught between a rock and a hard place, he could disregard Gwyneth, but if he did, there might be future consequences. So far, he had received two calls from Gwyneth in the last month; however, her attempts to rekindle their relationship hadn't changed.

-Alice, darling, - said Billy, but she only turned her face, receiving the kiss on the cheek.

Billy didn't want to impose or make the employees uncomfortable. Some were staring, and a fight in the middle of what seemed to be the company wasn't a good way to start the day.

-Come, let's go to my office; we'll talk better there, - said Billy.

As the young girl remained silent, they both uncomfortably made their way upstairs. Erwin had discreetly followed Billy's course since he left the office. Little Alice was in a melancholic state due to recent news. Although many words had come after the truth came to light, among them, the betrayal. Who was Billy? After three years, trust wasn't enough; she was just a passing woman in Billy's daring hands.

Anne could see Billy with the beautiful blonde, who looked torn, like a lost bird in a storm. The door closed behind them.

The silence was solemn.

-Do you need help? - Billy asked, noticing the young girl didn't seem to be very comfortable in the spacious office.

'A stupid question,' Billy thought as Alice erupted fiercely.

-Is it true, Billy? Is it true that you cheated on me with all those women? Maybe I'm exaggerating, but you cheated on me with some of them. Tell me it's not true, Billy! -  Alice demanded.

-I didn't cheat on you with any of those tabloid women, but I did cheat on you, Alice. At a party... - The lost look in the girl's eyes said it all. - I was somewhat lost initially, but I cheated on you with another woman. Maybe it was the drinks, my lack of experience, but it happened, - Billy said, approaching the girl. He reached for Alice's hands.

-Do you love her? - Alice asked.

-I don't love her, - Billy replied.

-Then why, Billy? Why do something like that? You weren't like this. You value people. You don't deceive others. Why is something so painful? I thought... your Hollywood adventures were one thing, but... why did you hide that this was your company? Why did you hide so many things? Do you distrust me so much? Was I a fool to give you everything I had, Billy? - Alice poured out, tears escaping, large and fat, falling quickly, while she hyperventilated. Her brown eyes were so dull. Each sigh came with a hiccup.

-I'm the fool, Alice. I was the fool. I didn't want our relationship to change. I'm Billy from Notre Dame School, not the businessman. I'm sorry! - Billy replied, towering over the girl a few meters away, almost disoriented by what he should or shouldn't do. A woman's tears were never something he wanted to deal with. With Alice, it was a special connection.

-Who is she? - Alice asked.

-Gwyneth Paltrow, - said, Billy.

-I see. I think it's best if we end our relationship, - said Alice. It was something she had thought about for a long time. She knew it from the moment she saw it. He had deceived her. Billy had broken her heart into a thousand pieces.

-To not fight for the relationship or to fight. -

-Don't go, - Billy said, approaching the girl a little closer. - Stay by my side! - he wanted to say, but another deception was something Alice wouldn't tolerate. Slowly, he approached the young woman, observing her thin arms, and her intern uniform, blue. Her thin blond curls cascaded down.

-There are so many things I wanted to do with you. But time prevented me. I have the time, but now I don't have you. If you could stay with me a little longer, I promise to take care of you as you deserve, - Billy said, grasping her head and resting it against Alice's stomach.

A selfish request, very selfish on Billy's part.

-It's best if we part ways, Billy. More deceit, I don't see why I should suffer amid your indecisions. Just don't call me again, - Alice said.

The weight of her words hit like a hammer. Alice, who had grown so beautiful. It wasn't necessary to say she was the most beautiful woman Billy had ever known, different from other women, lacking charisma, but so beautiful. He couldn't help but caress her tears, provoked by him. This breakup hurt even more than the first, as hateful as a seed planted on a fertile field of corn, the weeds grew corrupting everything.

-I'm sorry for this, Alice. For some time now, there were many things I wanted to say, but I kept quiet because I'm foolish, a flaw I share with my father. Sometimes, I don't say everything I think, which is wrong. I'm reserved even with my closest ones. I see love as secondary, but I yearn for it. I hate many things about myself. You've taught me many things, and it may be the words of a liar, Alice, but I need you, - Billy said, holding her head against Alice's neck. She only stroked his back. The end of the relationship was already a fact; like Alice, he hoped there was no redemption, only the end of the relationship.

-You're bad for me, Billy. These past few weeks have been very tough. It hurts every time your name appears in the newspapers. Our relationship must be forgotten; our life cannot achieve the harmony we both desire. I love you very much, but I also have to take care of myself. There's something you need to know before we part ways. You must hear it from me and not from others, - Alice said.

-What is it? - Billy asked.

The silence was suffocating, but as if Billy's infidelity paved the way for disclosure, for drowned and dark secrets.

-I love you very much... When we started dating, Jessica, my lifelong friend who was also very close to Claudia, told me why you two broke up. Your father and her mother weren't very discreet about their relationship; they lasted years seeing each other in secret. Claudia decided to break up with you because of her mother's relationship... Ivanova has always been controlling, and she'll vehemently deny that she was the reason for your breakup, but it's true. The next few days are also the sign... Your father saw the end of your relationship and took it as permission to intensify, which only hurt Claudia more. I knew about it at the beginning of our relationship and kept quiet, -Alice said.

-I already knew, Alice, - Billy said.

-What? -

-My father told me not long ago. We discussed it. Claudia didn't want to continue the relationship and gave up on it. Now, you're the only one who matters to me, - Billy said, looking into Alice's eyes.

-I see. I must go, - Alice said.

-Let me take you, - Billy insisted upon seeing her refusal.  - Someone will take you; they'll do me the favor. You came by taxi. Let me safely take you home or to your university, - Billy said.

Alice disappeared into the landscape.

...

2