Chapter 48 – Beginning of the trip.
3.9k 7 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the carriage began to ride, the girls handed me all their things for me to put into my storage. I had clothes and food and some bottles of water.

The only thing they didn't give me to carry was their weapons, of course, they wouldn't do that since during trip monsters and bandits can attack at any moment, so they need to be prepared if something like this happens.

Finally, after so long, I was heading towards another city. I thought it would take me a long time to get something like this, but it was faster than I thought.

Since it was easy to get the trip, I also hope it is an easy trip, and there are no attacks that make me act if an attack that makes me move is going to be a massive attack.

These girls seem to be strong, so if it's a simple attack, I won't have to do anything as they won't need it. I wouldn't want to fight, for now, I know I'm strong enough to kill monsters in an attack, but I think it would be terrible to steal all these women's prey.

I think they also like to kill monsters because of the reward the guild gives when they deliver magical crystals and monster materials, so of course, they would like to kill the monsters that appear.

I'm just traveling here please, I'm only here as a guest traveler to carry your things, so I don't think they would be happy if I started killing all the monsters that appear.

'Adventurers are all like that.' In stories, the adventurers were like that. When more profit is better for them, I don't think these girls are different; even if they are women, they still like to profit from monsters.

We left town for some time, so we were right in the middle of the road right now. I could see the river that passed near the city, and across the street was the forest that I killed monsters for the first time.

'It was disappointing since this forest has almost no monsters and I had to look for others.' I thought as I looked toward the forest.

I hope the outskirts of the city of Grenrok have the right places to kill monsters, the more monsters the better for my plan. I will get money and move forward with my plans to get a place to live and also set up a shop for Emily's family.

This store dream is still a long way off, so the first thing I need to do is get a house to stay.

"How is the trip?" Cibely seemed to have doubts about how I felt about the trip, so she asked it a little shyly; her personality didn't match her appearance.

"The trip is nice so far, and I don't think I'll be uncomfortable." The carriage was a little harsh, but I had a lot of stamina in my body, so I guess I won't bother with that.

"Good to know," Cibely answered while showing me a shy smile, she's adorable when she smiles.

###########

"Where did she go?" A woman who was sitting on the throne asked a man who was down in front of her, and she was looking at the man with contempt at this time.

"From the information received, that girl joined a group of adventurers and went to the city of Grenrok, is four days trip from the capital." The man answered in a slightly shaky voice, and he seemed to be afraid of that woman.

"That was all because you let her getaway, right?" The woman said in a cold voice, making the man tremble all over her body. This woman has never talked to him so coldly, but after he let that little girl slip away, she has been acting coldly with him, and it looks like she'll kill her at any moment.

"I'm sorry, I almost .." The man tried to justify himself, but of course, the woman without waiting for him to finish talking, she cut her speech in half and went back to speaking with an even colder voice, making the man shake even more.

"But you let her getaway, no matter what happened, you still let her get away, don't you?" The woman asked the man as she rose from the throne and walked toward him.

The only thing the man could do was keep his head down as he shivered and listened to the sound of the approaching woman's shoe, it was a terrifying scene, he had never been through this before.

He thought it was this woman's right arm, but things were not as he imagined. He just realized that he is a disposable pawn, just like the other guards in this place.

The woman approached him and held his hair, after which she pulled his hair very hard and looked into the man's eyes and then put a smile on his face.

"You'll bring her to me, right? Even if she's dead, I want her body." The woman said with a smile on her face, but the man realized that his eyes were not matching his smile; his eyes showed anger.

After that the woman dropped the man and walked back to the throne, she hoped the man would not fail this time, she knew this man was strong so she believed he could bring that little girl back.

'You will not escape.' The woman thought as she poured some wine into a glass next to her throne.

She wouldn't let this little girl run away, she said she'd fetch this little girl even in hell, she doesn't want her to cause trouble in the future, so she needs to get it over with quickly.

**********************
BUY ADVANCED CHAPTERS: https://www.patreon.com/RSAWIgor
**********************

95