Chapter 1: The machine
3.6k 28 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's note:

Spoiler

span>

(A/N: Dear god and all that’s holy i have procrastinated on this project SO FU***NG MUCH. I started this crap in October 2022…

Folks, writing is scary; Honestly I'm writing the author’s note first just as an excuse to write anything at all, just to get any sort of motivational momentum going I guess.

P.S: Eat your healthy food and sleep, people! Trying to do anything while depressed, sleep-deprived, and a headache is near damn impossible.

P.P.S: I've been fumbling about on the how of the story’s writing style. I considered doing mostly 1st POV, though I'm not too sure what that entails.)

P.P.P.S: Royal Road Link = https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/64438/isekai-nichijou

[collapse]

*rustle*

*tssch*

*...whirrr*

  • | >> origo() => -get(core\sys\terra\CONTAINMENT_CACHES\f678c98\);
  • | ALPHA//FETCH/PARTITION:STRANDED/(entity:368 “CHILD/BRAVE/SACRIFICE” ALERT:TRANSLATION ERROR)\RECUSED
  • | AI-COM/ALPHA// WARNING: ACCESS TO VOID CRADLES REQUIRE ADMINISTRATOR TIER PRIVILEGES.\
  • | >> █̷̧̨͕͇͗̄͑̋̍͝█̴̮͉͗̀͗█̸͕̿́͑͠͝█̵͙̯̖̬͗͌͝█̶̖͔̓̋
  • | AI-COM/ALPHA// ACCESS GRANTED.\
  • | >> exec protocol: ALMASTRND(origo());
  • | ALPHA//INITIALIZING ALMASTRND PROTOCOL/EXTRACTING/DECODING CRYSTALIZED MEMORY BANK\ PROFERRED
  • ...

——— —– –– -- - - 

 

 

Sometime in January, off-campus bus stop.

The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming…

And I am not having a good time… Woe is me as I stand here before the ruthless heat of the sun, patiently awaiting the metal carriage so I can embark on it and return to my abode— *cough* cringe.

*sigh*... I'm bored.

 

Life has been… exhausting, lately, too many compromises, silly regrets,  responsibilities… no, nevermind… well… it always has been, just more so as of late compared to the past.

Honestly, all my life has been an aimless journey, being obedient, following footsteps, jumping from one hobby to the next. I’ve had my fair share of things I could tolerate doing for the rest of my life and niche hobbies that never really fit, but never once I felt true joy in the things I have tried.

What’s the point of living if you’ll never find fulfillment? I mean, yes, it is somewhat early to be thinking of such things, but I'd rather find a path sooner than later, the world will continue to spin without us after all; Besides this, there’s always a rush to be… useful in society, both as an necessity, and a obligation to repay my parents i guess. So, therefore, in a way to get 2 birds with one stone, maybe 3? Here I am, following the path of my ancestors so I can support them as they once supported me…

Ah, I was rambling, dammit, who am I trying to make a point to? Is there even a point to be made in the first place? It's not like someone is listening… maybe?… no— I should stop listening to myself like this. Haha… it’s not healthy when the deep bad thoughts get unearthed. 

 

While trying to clear my head of intrusive thoughts I hear a loud engine sound coming towards me, I turn over to see what it is.

 

Oh, looks like my bus is arriving…? That’s not a bus, that is a truck… drifting? I offhandedly briefly hear a brief imaginary eurobeat playing in my head— wait— What? Is it heading this way?…

It is heading this way!... oh— OH GOD IT IS COMING THIS WAY FAST AND IT ISN’T STOPPING—

I get up and start running away from it— my backpack! While still running I look back and consider grabbing it, no time, that truck is getting closer, I look to the left— a wall, no escape, to my right I already know it is only open road, my only cover are the lamp posts…

Before I knew it I heard a loud crash right behind me, the sound too close for comfort, instinctively I threw myself sideways into the ground. An asphalt ground. Coarse, hard and sharp, and that combination hurts a lot.

Trying to ignore the pain and tearing up in the process; I look up to see that the truck had collided with both the lamppost and the surprisingly solid metal bench at the bus stop. And that it flipped over and sideways above my head, hitting another lamppost and breaking the concrete wall…

“D-dear god.” I take a deep breath, in… and out…  

W–what the fuck. that… that just happened.

“Fuck… I always thought something bad would happen someday on this cursed almost 45° degree incline road. JUST NOT WITH ME IN IT!”

I carefully step closer to the downed truck cabin… I tried looking inside it but it has a level of black tint in its windows that I'm pretty sure it’s illegal. I try to peek inside but I cannot see anything inside at all. 

“Hello?, you ok in there?...” I wait for a response, nothing. I try opening the door but it’s locked too.

“Well, shit.” Let’s call someone, cops?, ambulance? Yeah, ambulance; Might be better.

I pull out my phone. Uuh… was it 192 or 193?... *KRR**CRACK*

 

What was noise? I turn around and catch a glimpse of concrete–

And everything blacks out.

(A/N: this chapter… took weeks to make, and i rewrote it so, so many times…)

129