42 College Expectations
4.8k 9 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kelly was surprised when Arnold made his way back through the crowd to her line. “Arnold, what...”

“Amy said it was a waste of time to stand there and listen to the same speech she gave me before.”

Kelly took his hand and held it. “Thank you for choosing to spend it with me instead.” She looked around to see if anyone was paying them any attention.

“You better kiss him quick. The vice-principal is over there.” The guy who liked Two said and pointed.

“Thanks.” Kelly said and gave Arnold a two second kiss.

They stood in line for another ten minutes until it was Kelly's turn. She needed to talk to a couple of the college representatives, since she was doing well in several subjects and she was eligible for several different courses. With a few specifications, that could get her a lucrative job if she wanted and chose the right supplementary credits to make her academic record stand out.

Kelly was quite happy to hear that and she had a lot of different things to consider before she made her final decision. Arnold watched and listened to everything and didn't comment.

“What about you, young man? Are you interested in this as well?” The college rep asked.

“No.” Arnold said and the man almost succeeded in hiding his frown.

“They why are you here?”

“He's keeping me company.” Kelly said.

“Oh? Isn't he smart enough to go to college?” The man asked and a hush seemed to fall on the crowd around them.

“Smart enough?” Kelly said with a laugh. “He's working there over the summer and is already enrolled for next year.”

“What course?” The man asked.

“Masters in Biology.” Arnold said.

The man chuckled. “You don't start with the master's course. You start with the normal course degree and then continue on to achieve your master's degree, if your marks are high enough.”

Arnold turned his head and looked across six tables to the table that Amy stood behind. “Miss Hollister.” He said and his voice easily carried across the intervening space and she jumped a little. “What course am I enrolled in at the college?”

“You're working in the biology lab as an assistant for Professor Crenslav for the summer term. Since he only accepts the best students for the position, you are automatically enrolled into the full Master's course.” Amy said, and it took a few moments for that information to sink into everyone's heads.

“HE'S ALREADY GOING FOR A MASTER'S DEGREE?!?” Was the shout shared by almost everyone. They were all shocked at the news, especially the man in front of Arnold, who kind of just stood there and babbled a little. He had just accused a master's student of being stupid and he didn't know how to get out of the situation.

“Thank you for the information.” Kelly said with a grin and took Arnold's hand again, then she walked with Arnold out of the gym past all of the staring people. She already knew about Arnold's course and wasn't surprised like everyone else was. She was also delighted at their shock. “Just wait until they hear that you qualify for a full scholarship, too.”

“We can go back and tell them.” Arnold offered and Kelly laughed.

“I think them learning how good you are was enough of a shock for them today.” Kelly said and looked at her watch. “We've got a bit of time left before the bus gets here.” She said and looked around to see that the hallways were completely empty and she wondered where they could go to wait. “Maybe we could go to the library, or maybe go outside and sit at one of the picnic tables.”

“Whatever you want.” Arnold said.

Kelly thought about it and then she let a smile appear on her face. “I think we should head to the Library. If it's as empty as these hallways, then there's a nice corner table at the back that should be available.”

Arnold nodded and she led him through several hallways and they entered the Library. The librarian looked up from what she was reading and gave them a little wave. Arnold waved back to her as he passed her desk and Kelly took him all the way to the back of the Library. The small table was there and no one else was there, so Kelly took off her backpack and laid it on the table.

“There's only one chair.” Arnold said as he took off his backpack and put it on the table, too.

“I know.” Kelly said with a smile and waved for him to sit.

Arnold sat down and watched as Kelly walked back to the end of the shelf of books nearby, looked to see if anyone was coming, then she came back to him. Her face went a little red as she sat on his lap and put an arm around his shoulders. Kelly was a little worried that he would complain about her sitting on his lap like this, and when he spoke, she relaxed.

“Why are we here?” Arnold whispered, since he knew not to speak loudly in the Library.

“This is... make-out corner.” Kelly whispered back and her face flushed red.

“Oh.” Arnold said and reached up to touch the side of her face, then his hand slid into her hair and he pulled her in for a kiss.

Kelly had thought she was prepared for doing this, and she was for the most part. What she hadn't really planned on was getting excited about it. She hadn't done anything like intentionally going somewhere just to make out with someone. In fact, she actively avoided this area normally, because she didn't want to catch anyone actually using the space.

Now she was using it for herself and she felt certain places on her body start to get warmer. Arnold was a fantastic kisser and Kelly couldn't help herself and hugged him tightly as they made out. She squirmed a little and felt a little uncomfortable, almost as if her underwear was getting tighter. She knew that wasn't possible on an intellectual level, and yet, that was what she felt.

Both her bra and panties itched a little and she had the urge to adjust them, so she broke the kiss and used her thumbs and forefingers to pull on her bra a little to try and ease the feeling. Arnold saw her trying to adjust her clothing and eased his hold on her.

“No... don't let go.” Kelly whispered. “I just... my bra... it's itchy.”

Arnold nodded and slipped a hand under her sweater and slid it up her side. Kelly took in a sharp breath at the touch and then to her surprise, his finger slid under the bottom edge of her bra near the back and he lightly scratched her there. When she didn't react, he moved the finger all along the edge and scratched her all the way around to the front. He didn't touch her breasts, however.

“Have you done that before?” Kelly asked as the itchiness seemed to fade a little.

“No.” Arnold said. “The elastic strap on my underwear digs in and itches sometimes and I thought that might be wrong with your bra.”

“My... my underwear, too.” Kelly said and blushed a little more.

Arnold moved his hand down to her waist and stuck his finger into the waistband of her loose jeans, then he did the same thing and lightly scratched all along the edge of her underwear, from the back to the front.

“Is that better?” Arnold asked.

“Yes... and no.” Kelly said and he gave her a slightly confused look. “The itchiness mostly went away; but, I... I want you to... move a little lower.”

Arnold moved his hand to her back and put most of his finger into her waistband instead of just the tip, then he wiggled his finger all along her back, her side, and then along her front. When his finger met some resistance and he dug in a little to try and discover what it was, Kelly started to breathe heavier, because he had found her tuft of pubic hair.

“Arnold.” Kelly gave him an apologetic look. “We should stop.”

“Okay.” Arnold said and eased his finger up and out of her underwear, then he put his arm back around her and sat there and waited. “What do you want to do now?”

Kelly had so many thing go through her mind in that moment that it was just a blur. “I... there's so much...” She started to whisper, then she kissed him.

They stayed that way for quite some time, then the bell rang for the end of the school day. Kelly broke the kiss and saw that Arnold looked like he could keep kissing her forever. She stood up and fixed her slightly off clothing and picked up her backpack, then she cupped the side of his face.

“I want you to come over early on Saturday.” Kelly said and let his face go. “We can study for the English final for a couple of hours and then I can show you some more VR games.”

Arnold gave her a nod and stood, put on his own backpack, then the two of them left the make-out corner and went to the main desk. “We have a chemistry study party planned for Tuesday.” He said to the Librarian. “Eight people. Is there a large table available?”

The Librarian gave him an odd look for a second. “Usually it's first come, first serve.” She said, which was what everyone assumed. “However, I know your academic record, so I'll reserve a table for you and your friends.” She let a small smile touch her lips. “It will be over near the make-out corner.”

Kelly caught her breath and her face flushed bright red with embarrassment, because she assumed they had been caught making out and would be thrown out of the Library, and possibly not allowed back in.

“Thank you.” Arnold said and moved forward slightly and stopped, briefly looked at Kelly, then looked back at the Librarian. “I'm sorry. I'm only allowed to kiss my girlfriend.” He said and held a hand out for her to shake.

The Librarian was a bit too surprised at what the handsome boy said to respond with words, so she took the offered hand with her own dainty hand instead. He was going to kiss me for agreeing to reserve a table for him at a free library. She thought in shock.

Arnold shook her small hand gently and let it go. “See you next Tuesday.” He said and left with a still blushing Kelly. They went to Kelly's locker and she dropped off her backpack, then they went outside to wait for the bus. They ignored Brad and his friends when they passed by with Heather in tow, so they didn't see her angry face, even though she was no longer trying to disguise or hide it from them.

Heather had been assigned to the college representative at the table right next to the biology table and she couldn't help overhear the five girls giving the riot act to the dark skinned whore that had broken her and Arnold up. No matter how many times Amy tried to gain control of the conversation to tell them about the course, one of the girls asked another relevant and pointless question to sidetrack her.

Heather had enjoyed it so much that she completely missed her own lecture and it ended before she realized it. When she finally noticed, it was too late for her to ask any questions herself and now she had no clue as to what decisions she had to make or what options were available to her. She quickly looked at and memorized the girls around her and resolved to get one or two of them aside to find out the information she needed.

When a familiar horn honked, she said goodbye and kissed her boyfriend without thinking about it and went over to her mother's car. She climbed inside and as the car drove out of the parking lot, she was too lost in her own thoughts to pay attention to what her mother was asking her about. She hadn't even glared at Arnold and Kelly as the car passed them.

If Heather had even a little sense of what had happened and hadn't been so distracted, she would have noticed that the guy she kissed when she left wasn't her boyfriend. It had shocked a lot of people around, especially Brad, since it was Eric that had been the one to receive Heather's attention.

“You saw it, man! She kissed me! I didn't even...” Eric stopped talking when a fist slammed into his face. He rolled with the hit and spun around and blocked the follow up kick to his privates. “She even said 'Bye, Brad'!” He said in his defense and hopped back and out of the way of the next punch. “You know I like Kelly! I always have!”

Brad somehow restrained himself and opened and closed his fists.

“He's right.” Kevin said. “I heard her. She didn't even look at him when it happened.”

Brad calmed down. “You better apologize.”

“Of course! I'm sorry, Brad! I'm sorry!”

“Not to me. To her.” Brad said and looked at the people around him and they averted their gazes. “Once she realizes what happened...”

“I'll do it first thing in the morning! I swear!”

“Do it on your knees.” Brad said with a sneer.

“Anything you want, Brad.” Eric quickly agreed. “It was my fault for standing so close to you.”

Brad gave him a nod and then turned to Kevin. “Heather said Kelly had Arnold over for supper and to set him up on her VR system.”

“Then it won't be long before he's going to be playing.” Kevin smiled. “That deal you offered is just too much for anyone to resist.”

“Yeah.” Brad said and returned the smile. “We're going to get him good.”

Kelly had seen the whole thing and looked at Arnold. “I wish I had caught that on my cell phone.”

Arnold gave her a smile and pointed to the trio of girls not far away.

“Oh! Arnold, you are a genius!” Kelly said and gave him a kiss. “I'll be right back!”

Kelly quickly walked over to the girls who always had at least one cell phone recording at all times. They had a brief talk and Three sent Kelly her recording of Brad's group. She always recorded them after school, because the odds of something happening was higher than it not.

“Thanks a lot.” Kelly said. “Oh, and we reserved a table in the Library on Tuesday. It's near the back by...” She paused for a second and blushed. “...the make-out corner.”

“You can reserve tables?” One asked, completely surprised.

“The Librarian did it especially for Arnold.” Kelly said with a smile. “See you tomorrow.”

“Bye!” The three girls said and Kelly went back over to Arnold.

“They had it.” Kelly said with a grin and played it for Arnold. “Now who is the kissing bandit?”

“Me.” Arnold said and she gave him a look, then she laughed when she remembered he almost kissed the Librarian to thank her.

“Now you're my kissing bandit.” Kelly said and gave him another kiss. She was just in time, because her bus pulled up. “Call me tonight.”

“Won't it be too loud?” Arnold asked.

“That doesn't really matter anymore.” Kelly said with a smile, gave him a kiss goodbye, then climbed onto the bus. He waved to her as it pulled away and then he waited for his own bus.

*

Amy and Cissily climbed into Amy's car and both of them sighed.

“I totally forgot how annoying high school bitches are!” Cissily said. “It was funny at first... but damn, them white chicks just didn't shut up!”

Amy laughed and started the car. “I know, right? We barely got to advise them on their course materials! All they wanted to talk about was Arnold!”

Cissily laughed, too. “To be fair, he is the first geek I've ever met that was hotter than the jocks.” She said. “If I didn't believe that everyone would think it was creepy, he'd be all I'd talk about, too!”

“Did you see the girl he left with?” Amy asked as she drove across the parking lot. “Talk about plain!”

“What a waste of a good hunk.” Cissily said and her eyes caught sight of the hunk in question. “Hey, there he is.”

Amy gave a quick glance out Cissily's side of the car and saw Arnold. His loose-fitting jeans and his slightly baggy t-shirt didn't do him justice. She had seen him in a tight t-shirt and knew there was a lot of nice muscle under his clothes.

“It's too bad those girls said he's dating her exclusively.” Cissily said.

“Yeah.” Amy responded and drove out of the parking lot and into the street. “Do you think they'll keep seeing each other over the summer?”

Cissily laughed again. “Don't you dare think of crossing his mom! You know she's crazy.”

“She warned me that I couldn't do anything with him, that's true.” Amy said and gave her friend a sly smile, then looked back at the road. “She didn't say anything about my friends, did she?”

Cissily gave her a stern look for a second, then she grinned. “Are you seriously going to just hand him over to me without fighting for him?”

“He's not mine to hand over.” Amy said. “Of course, who knows what can happen in a biology lab during the summer term while a certain someone is working there.”

“You bitch! You did not just challenge me to try for casual sex with your coworker!” Cissily exclaimed.

“I didn't say anything.” Amy said with a grin and Cissily laughed.

106