Chapter 41. Hunter and Prey
341 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing the figure passing over the wall, Rip, who was hiding in the car, showed a sinister smile, "Little brat, let me finally catch you!"

He took out the pistol attached to his waist, thought carefully and put it in the car again, and then drew out a short knife.

Bay Town at night is too quiet. Once the gunshots sound, it will definitely attract the attention of others. In addition, the mountains are lush with trees, and the sight at night is not very good. Using a gun is not as convenient as using a knife.

Most importantly, Rip planned to vent his anger after asking what he wanted.

He opened the car door and got out of the car, quietly followed the figure in the distance, one in front and one behind, Rip carefully kept a distance.

On the way, he also noticed the thin figure in front of him, and he would stop from time to time, and look around as if nothing had happened.

"What a werid child."

Rip scoffed.

"It's late at night, isn't your posture even more suspicious?"

Several days have passed, but the desired information has not been obtained. Sherman has already begun to have some impatience. If there is no chance, Rip plans to use some tough methods.

Even if it leaves some traces.

However, he was Sherman's personal thug, and he rarely appeared in Bay Town. At most, he went out to hide for a few days after an accident.

After walking for a long time, Rip noticed that the boy in front of him turned off the road and went straight into the woods. He felt anxious, and at this moment, he didn't care about revealing his whereabouts, and quickly chased after him.

The moon is dark and the wind is high, and the visibility in the woods is extremely low. If you are far away, you may lose your target.

Rip looked tall, but his movements were extremely dexterous. Every step he took was big, but when he landed, he could hardly make any sound, and his eyes in the darkness shot out a ray of cruel light.

He couldn't wait to dismember each other.

"Have you finally caught up?"

In the dark, Roger walked briskly, his eyes were calm, but his clenched fists were soaked in sweat. This was the first time he took the initiative to fight back.

Ow!

There was a looming wolf howl in the distance, and Rip's face became happy. He felt that there was still a distance to enter the woods. At this moment, he didn't care about hiding his whereabouts. He rushed forward quickly, and soon caught up with that figure.

"Who? Who's there?"

A boy's voice came from the darkness. Although he tried his best to keep calm, Rip could still hear the tremor in the lowered voice.

With a smirk on his lips, Rip emerged from behind a big tree.

"You... who are you?"

Hearing the panic in the boy's voice, Rip took a step forward, his gloomy face looming in the mottled tree shadows.

"Is it Roger?"

He cut to the chase and said.

"You...you..." Roger said in a panic.

"You took something you shouldn't take, hand it over."

Rip originally planned to ask Roger carefully after he caught Roger. Thinking of the torture he suffered while hiding in the car these days, he suddenly felt an inexplicable emotion.

It's just a young man, he's already under my nose, can I let him escape?

"What did you say? What did I take from you?"

Roger was terrified on the surface, but he had completely calmed down in his heart, "It really is because of that book. It seems that Sherman and Ivy must be related."

He stepped back pretending to be flustered, and said unconsciously, "I didn't take your book, I don't know anything!"

"Ha ha!"

Rip let out a hearty laugh, sure, "Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes when they're young."

"Little guy, as long as you hand over that book, I will treat you as if nothing happened and let you go safely."

Rip showed his white teeth. In the darkness, his eyes were full of murderous intent. In such an environment, he didn't even hide his malice.

But what he didn't know, the ferocity and murderous intent on his face were clearly seen by the young man in the distance.

Roger stopped backing, with a look of hope on his face, "Is what you said true?"

"As long as I return that book to you, will you let me go?"

Rip nodded quickly, "Don't worry, I keep my word."

In order to deepen Roger's trust in him, he continued, "Remember that check you received a few days ago?"

"Mr. Sherman?"

"Yes, I was sent by Mr. Sherman. Don't worry, you are a friend of Mr. Sherman. He specifically told me not to scare you. The previous check showed his sincerity."

"In the past few days, a lot of things have happened in Bay Town. Although I don't know why you ran into the woods at night, it's really too dangerous. If I wasn't afraid that you would be in danger, I wouldn't follow."

Rip pretended to be harmless to humans and animals, but the murderous intent in his eyes became more intense. In his heart, he had already sentenced the young man in front of him to death.

"Okay... okay!"

The struggle on the young man's face flashed across, he took off the backpack behind him, pretended to rummage through it, "I'll find it for you right now."

"It turned out that he had been carrying it with him all the time."

Things went much smoother than expected, Rip was overjoyed, and walked forward quickly, "I have lighting equipment here, I can help you..."

At this moment, a sudden change occurred!

Rip felt as if he had stepped on something hard, and the next second there was a sound of a spring collapsing. He was startled, and quickly retracted his left foot that had been stepped on.

Click!

Ah……!

There was a scream, and Rip lowered his head. In the dark, he could see that half of his foot was caught in the trap. The huge pain stimulated him to the point of fainting. He seemed to understand something in an instant, He drew out the short knife pinned to his waist.

"Little brat, I'm going to kill you!"

But as soon as he raised his head, the thin young man who was standing in the distance had rushed over at some point. He raised the backpack in his hand, curled up into a ball, and rushed forward at a fast speed!

Rip is also very experienced, he didn't touch the backpack that Roger threw over, he suddenly sank down and crouched down, watching Roger rushing up, Rip held a knife in his left hand, and pulled his right hand into his arms.

"I'm going to shoot you!"

He growled.

"Have a gun?!"

The experience before time travel made Roger ignore the extent of the proliferation of guns in this country. Seeing the opponent's right hand that was about to be drawn, his scalp suddenly swelled. He quickly hide behind a big tree!

Crack!

There was no familiar gunshot, and there was a sharp sound of metal rubbing. Roger seemed to understand something, and he carefully poked his head out for a steady look.

Rip's right hand was empty, and at this moment he was trying to break open the trap, and tore the sole of his foot out of it.

"Oops!"

"Be cheated!"

Roger was extremely annoyed for a moment, he had no time to think about the situation at that time, and subconsciously avoided it.

But now he was not sure whether Rip had a gun in his hand, and he hesitated for a while.

"Good very good!"

Rip grinned and said, "You can actually hurt me, little guy, I advise you to run now, otherwise when I leave here, I will definitely send someone to burn the house you live in now!"

"Oh, right……"

"And that girl named Amanda, I will definitely take care of her!"

13