Chapter 45. Henrik
359 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After understanding the cause and effect, Roger felt a little more at ease. It seemed that as long as he remained calm or stayed within the envelope of the hut, Anna was almost no threat to him.

But what he didn't expect was that Anna seemed to be in high spirits, but her relationship with him was indifferent. There might be another secret hidden about her death.

However, Roger didn't have the energy to pay attention to other things at this time, and he didn't fall asleep immediately. He quickly processed the materials in his hand and reconfigured some pain potions and night cat potions.

Although the material of the seized dagger is excellent, it cannot be used in a short period of time. It seems that it needs to be purchased again after returning.

After practicing for a whole day, and going through a fierce battle at night, and then chatting with the female ghost at the edge of the grave, Roger's life for the whole day is simply wonderful.

He didn't continue to stretch his body any longer, he took care of everything, cleaned up the blood on his body, put on a clean dress, and lay down on the small bed.

Exhausted, he soon fell asleep.

What Roger didn't know was that not long after he fell asleep, a white figure appeared from the mist. She slowly approached the hunter's hut, and the illusory figure wandered around the hut.

Anna stood by the window, her clear eyes fell directly on Roger who was in the room.

"It's weird."

Anna shook her head.

Even though there was no obstacle, she couldn't see anything in the room.

After standing quietly for a while, Anna's body stepped back, and then floated down on the place where Roger's buried the body of his murderer.

The hem of her white skirt covered the entire open space, and Anna stood on it, fingers crossed, resting on the middle of her forehead.

At this moment, the dark clouds parted, and a ray of moonlight shone on her body. There were faint traces of blood crawling across Anna's face. She groaned a few times, and her body solidified again in a trance.

Early the next morning, before dawn, Roger got up early. He rested for less than 6 hours, but his energy and physical strength were basically fully recovered.

After checking again and confirming that there was nothing missing, Roger hurried back to the town in the last bit of darkness before dawn.

It was still before dawn, and the surroundings were silent. Roger carefully dealt with the traces of passing by, then circled around and quietly returned home.

If it wasn't for Anna's unexpected appearance, he originally planned to go to Sherman's house to check on it at night.

But after a day's buffer, it is estimated that Sherman will get the news, and it may be dangerous to go there at that time.

The potion in his hand is enough, and the diluted pain potion can also improve his strength. For a short time, Roger doesn't plan to go to the hut in the forest again.

At least take a look at the situation, and wait until the turmoil calms down a bit.

Andrine is the sheriff of the town. Unless Sherman is really crazy, he will never really do anything. After all, he is also a person with a reputation.

After washing off the smell on her body, Roger came to the dining table. During the meal, Andrine excitedly told Roger the good news.

"The formalities have been completed, and you can go to school with Amanda tomorrow."

"Go to school?"

Roger could only squeeze out a smile in cooperation with Andrine, while Amanda quietly grimaced.

To be honest, she is really full of resentment towards someone's leisurely life.

"Welcome to the miserable high school life!"

Amanda smiled and held out her hand.

Little Jack was also extremely happy, and kept clamoring for Roger to help him to beat his classmates.

In the midst of a lot of fun, the family ended their breakfast happily.

"Family." Roger cherished the relationship so much that he wasn't even sure if he should leave.

Throughout the day, Roger practiced quietly in the room. After what happened last night, he realized the importance of strength more clearly.

Only by improving one's own strength can one have the courage to face the danger. If both the general sword skill and the elf short sword skill can be raised above level 3, then Roger's fighting power may be doubled!

Alternating physical training and meditation, Roger improved his strength in an almost masochistic way.

Sure enough, only a life-and-death crisis can maximize a person's potential.

In the evening, Andrine returned home early, and after dinner, she brought Roger and the others to a nearby supermarket.

When entering school for the first time, Roger still needs to prepare a lot.

When returning home, Roger scanned the surroundings alertly, but found no trace of being followed and monitored nearby.

As night fell, he continued to replace sleep with meditation.

At the same time, in a cheap hotel in Marsh Town, a hundred miles away, a middle-aged man with gray hair was galloping on the bed.

At this moment, the mobile phone he placed beside the bed suddenly rang a short ringtone, the man hung up the phone indifferently, and continued to work.

But soon, the short bell rang again, and after repeating the cycle, the middle-aged man pulled away irritably, and he slapped the woman casually.

"Go take a shower, baby. I'll answer the phone first."

The woman let out a dissatisfied grunt, but she knew that taking a bath was just an excuse, and the guest obviously didn't want her to hear the ensuing conversation.

This kind of thing is very common, the woman smiled, and provocatively nodded on the middle-aged man, then wrapped in a sheet, walked into the bathroom.

The sound of water sounded, and the fog quickly blurred the scene inside. Only then did the middle-aged man answer the phone impatiently.

"Henrik!"

A harsh growl came from the other end of the phone.

The middle-aged man rubbed his ears, "I'm not dead yet, keep your voice down, I can hear you."

"How dare you hang up..."

"Speak the truth."

Henrik's voice immediately became serious, "I have something urgent at hand, and it's at a critical moment, so I don't have time to chat with you."

Hearing what he said, the voice on the other side suddenly calmed down, but it was unavoidable that he was a little bit aggrieved, "How is the mission in Marsh Town going?"

"It's coming to an end, what happened, you can read the report later."

Henrik's voice lowered, and it seemed that danger was coming around at any time.

"I'll make a long story short." The other person also became serious.

"There have been several incidents of wild animals attacking people in Bay Town. It seems that everything is normal, but I always feel weird. Go there and investigate."

"Beast attack?" Henrik frowned, but still nodded, "Okay, I'll be there tomorrow."

"There is a situation, I won't tell you more."

After speaking, he hung up the phone.

Seeing the soft and drooping thing, Henrik cursed a few words, put down his phone, and looked at the foggy bathroom.

"Wait for her to come out later, I must..."

"Huh?"

Henrik stroked the stubble on his chin, "...Why should I wait for her to come out?"

Thinking of this, he didn't even bother to put on his underwear, so he quickly put on his clothes, took his mobile phone and pulled through his backpack, opened the window, and jumped down!

At this time, the girl came out of the bathroom wrapped in a bed sheet, and the night wind blew in. She couldn't help shivering, but looking at the empty room and the wide open windows, she seemed to understand something.

Not caring about other things, she rushed to the window with a stride, and a figure on the street was running wildly while wearing a coat.

"Son of a b*tch!"

"You haven't paid yet!!" The girl yelled.

Henrik raised a middle finger from a distance.

"We will count together next time!"

"F*ck you, you pervert!"

The angry roar disappeared in the night wind.

12