Chapter 64 – Ascended World 2
1k 8 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ascended World. Primrose's Spore Spreader.

I looked at my masterpiece, Primrose's Spore Spreader, in awe.

Although it didn't change in color and shape, the sheer size of it left me stunned. Just the dome reached the length of several football stadiums combined. It never failed to impress me, this giant thing.

Well, now it was not 'Giant' anymore, but Colossal. Colossal Spore Spreader. Its mental energy reached 1,000,000, and its influence was 50 miles. It was enough to cover a small state. By the way, it was already a grade 11 Dark Idol and was close to grade 12.

While admiring it...

"Iver." A childish voice rang beside me.

Looking over, I saw a pretty 7-year-old platinum-haired girl. Of course, that was Primrose.

Primrose's body grew a dozen times faster than human children. As a result, in just over a month, her body matured by a year... Which is fine because she is an adult stuck in a child's body.

She was also wearing a silk-like material for a loincloth, which the Ascended grew these days because of lack of danger. Of course, the Ascended preferred exposing their skin to the pollen in the Kin Field and cared little about nudity, so they didn't wear anything except loincloths unless needed. Even Primrose, the now-queen of a planet, wore the same clothes as her subjects.

Even the survivors, now Ascended, quickly changed their clothing styles.

I also wore little clothes here when I stayed longer than 15 minutes.

"Hey, Primrose. How are things going?" I asked.

"Yes. After receiving your permission, I gave level 1 Mental Affinity to all Citizen Class Ascended, level 2 Mental Affinity to all Expert Class Ascended, and level 3 Mental Affinity to all Master Class Ascended. And to all the Elite Zealots, I granted level 4 Mental Affinity. I also gave the Honor Guard all physical and mental affinities at level 4." Primrose said.

The Master Class is like Shapeshifter II, and the Elite Class is the High-tier Ascended, IE, Polymaths, and Royalty.

Although the higher classes get more privileges, they are also expected to perform more duties. It was more like something between a socialist and communist regime, focusing resources where needed... which suited the Ascended fine and dandy because of being a connected and highly rational hivemind. Besides, Civilians can improve their class by evolving, which is a matter of accumulation.

"Good. What are they doing now, anyways?" I curiously asked.

"My Honor Guard is working on various research projects to improve our technology, biological technology, and psionic technology. The other 5,000-odd Polymaths are creating techniques for the lesser classes, and the 200-odd Royalty help me spread the knowledge." Primrose reported.

Although they are Primrose's Honor Guard, protecting her is not their main thing. As Polymaths, they are think tanks, especially the Polymath II. Not using them as researchers is almost a crime.

"Hm. And what about the other Ascended? Did the survivors give you a hard time?" I asked.

I was not worried about the originals because they were pre-programmed and much more knowledgeable and loyal than the survivors. And the survivors were not a good sort of people. If they were, they wouldn't survive this long.

"For now, The Master and Expert classes are learning their psychic gifts under the guidance of the Elite Class while the Citizen Class are learning knowledge and contributing wherever they can. The Originals are, as expected, cooperative and loyal, but the Survivors have shown some problems. Their previous circumstances led them to become violent and brutal to survive. Brawls are not uncommon, and sexual harassment is a problem, although rape has not yet happened due to surveillance. Lawsuits and charges against others for inhuman crimes are popping up, and in some extreme cases, murder and attempted murder happened based on unfinished grudges. Appropriate punishment to all offenses has been given, from public shaming, lowering resource distribution, and ex-communication." Primrose explained.

The Ascended don't imprison criminals, and ex-communication, i.e., removing the crystal, is the worst punishment. Losing their crystal network is just a part of it. They also get sent to the periphery and are unaccepted everywhere they go, losing their Citizen status and being an Outcast. Losing community support and the ability to command the Kin, they need to gather resources and survive alone. And if they commit a crime again, Citizens have the right to kill them.

In a sense, it was worse than imprisonment and even execution.

With that said, the Ascended were fair in their judgment, and everyone, including the upper classes, was not exempt, including even Primrose herself. If you commit a crime, you have to pay for it.

"Hm. We already predicted it would happen." I nodded and continued asking. "How are Zeng Wei and Liao Lan?"

Yes, I named the two clones after their predecessors. Deciding not to make them into Zealots, I sent them to Asia after turning them into common Ascended.

"They are doing fine, Iver. They live a normal life in one of the new Spore Spreader colonies." Primrose said.

"Good." I nodded. "Did you run into any problems?" I asked.

Primrose hesitated for a moment before speaking. "The Kin Rulers... They are depressed."

"Depressed?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes... The simpler Evolved Kin has no complaints and enjoys simple manual labor. The Leader class Kin prefer to be guards, butchers, or simple craftsmanship. The Kin Lords appreciate low-end management jobs and sometimes help with heavy lifting when needed. However, the Kin Rulers... they are different. Not only are they much larger than the Kin Lords, reaching 4 meters in height, but they are also much wiser and more complex and know they are no longer needed. They know that, as time goes on, we will require them less and less until they are replaced by technology. They are hard-coded to serve the Ascended, to be the pioneers and guardians, before perishing." - Primrose pursed her lips.

"... Hah..." I sighed. "Oh, Apex Technologies, you fucking assholes..." I shook my head.

Creating such a slave race is a horrible crime, but Apex Technologies did it anyway. Perhaps it was out of necessity, but the way they did it was like throwing the ball to future generations.

With that said, we have already stopped the lesser Kin from evolving since letting them develop and gain higher cognitive ability is cruel. As they say, no brain, no worries.

"Iver, what would you like to do with them?" Primrose asked.

"... What do you suggest?" I asked back.

"The Rulers have proven to be monumental pioneers in our development, so I suggest giving them a great honor. We will devolve them into humans, convert them into Zealots, and evolve them into Ascended Dreamers." Primrose said.

Yeah, Minions count as one of the evolutions for humans. Trod hid it earlier so I wouldn't accidentally select it and become a brain-empty monster.

"Dreamers? Don't you mean Polymaths or Royalty?" I raised an eyebrow.

However, Primrose shook her head. "No, Iver. They have been part of the lesser Kin, a slave race. Letting them join the master race without wiping their minds first is already a great privilege, as doing such a thing blurs the line between master and servant. With that said, giving them a position of power is impossible. However, the Dreamer has a status above that of the high-tier Ascended while having no authority of their own. I believe this is the best way to honor them." She explained.

"And what are we supposed to do with them then? There will be 200-odd Dreamer Zealots." I asked.

"They can form a new Honor Guard corps tailored for a pseudo-God. Although the Polymath Honor Guard can face most foes, they are ill-equipped when facing something beyond our understanding. Dreamers, on the other hand, are kitted to face such opponents. I believe they suit you the most." Primrose said.

{She is right, Iver. Sooner or later, you will face corrupted beings, pseudo-gods, and even unreality creatures. A Dreamer Bodyguard Corp with high potential is perhaps what you will need in the future.} Trod added.

"Hm... Fine, I permit it. But don't decide for them. Ask them." - I said.

"Yes, Iver." Primrose nodded. "Also, the items have arrived in the sterile zone." She added.

Hearing her words, I smiled. "Good. Let's head there now."

.

.

.

Half an hour later...

I am wearing a 'Space Suit'. Okay, maybe not, but something that resembled it. It was the Powered Exoskeleton the guys from Apex Technology were wearing. After slight re-fitting, the suit was now ready for me to wear.

Besides augmenting my strength(Useless to me), it provided liquid armor protection and grade-D hazmat with life support. It is ideal protective gear.

"Here are the Terraformer Fruits, Iver." Primrose said next to me, several Kin bringing over crates of strange-looking wart-covered fruits.

"Good," I nodded, stashing them inside a separate Storage Space.

This separated space would not be automatically sanitized, making it ideal for placing things from the Ascended World.

"I will be back in several hours," I stated.

"Good luck, Iver. I will be waiting here." Primrose replied.

I nodded and then spoke to Trod.

"Trod. I wish to Reality Travel to a new reality. I want an earth-like planet with suitable conditions and rich resources but no sapient life and danger. Prioritize a planet with an expected long lifespan and little to no immediate competition for galactic dominance. Also, let there be no Humans in that reality." - I ordered.

{I will assume it is on the same spectrum, yes?} Trod asked.

Two realities of the same reality spectrum have the same starting conditions but result in different outcomes. The said starting conditions are only limited to the laws of reality. This also means that, in the same spectrum, Earth can potentially exist or not exist. At least, this is under Trod's interpretation. In his theory, this is called a 6th-dimensional travel. If I tweaked some of the laws of reality, it would be 7th-dimensional travel and above. By the way, the Ascended World is on the same spectrum.

"Yes," I said.

{Very well. I found a reality with a world meeting your demands. It is around 2-thirds water ocean and 1-third land and has several large continents with suitable and stable living environments, a paradise for the Ascended. It also has no foreseeable dangers in the next 10 million years, and the competition in that specific galaxy is close to none. And, as requested, there is no potentially civilized race on the planet, although there is carbon-based wildlife and vegetation. The exact conditions, however, are unknown. This reality is between your reality and the Ascended World, half the distance, so the cooldown and price would be reduced by half.}

"Good. Go." I ordered.

And with that, I disappeared.

.

.

.

While traveling in absolute darkness, I was given an image.

{This is the topography of the insertion point. Choose a point now, or you will be defaulted to the safest area I deem fit.}

"Place me on the largest continent," I said. "And let it neighbor another large continent."

{Done.}

And so, I arrived in the new reality.

.

.

.

With a silent flash of black flames, I materialized on a tall rock.

Looking around, I found myself in a vast grassland. There were endless plains filled with horse-sized dinosaur-like four-legged creatures grazing on the grass, with lakes stretching for miles. Turning around, just a kilometer away, I saw a lush forest filled with unknown life.

Glancing upward, I looked at the sky. It was the same blue I remembered, a few white clouds in the sky with a bright yellow sun lighting the land.

It was indeed an Earth-like planet, most likely untouched.

However, that didn't bother me. As interesting as it was, I had an objective. First...

"Life Support. Scan air content." I ordered.

[Affirmitive. Scanning... Scan complete. Oxygen: 21%, Nitrogen: 75%, Carbon-Dioxide: 3%, Argon: 1%. Radiation levels: Safe. Unknown viruses and bacteria are in the air. It is advised to check compatibility with the human genes.] The mechanical voice of the suit said.

Hearing the machine's words, I took off my helmet without hesitation.

Tss*

With the sound of gas leaking, my helmet came off as I breathed deeply.

"Sss* Haa* Trod. Check for any detrimental virus vectors." I said, unafraid of getting infected.

I am immune to disease since even if I get infected by something that can harm me(Unlikely due to me being an Ascended.), I can sanitize myself, rendering it useless. That being said, it was worth checking before picking this world.

{Scanning... No harmful pathogen or disease compatible with the Kin genome was detected.} Trod answered.

"As expected. We will start now— Hm?" I turned my head.

Crack*

"Grr*"

I saw a giant yellow sabertooth tiger with white strips stalking toward me. The moment it saw its cover blown, it growled at me.

"How adorable," I muttered.

Yes, adorable. I found it non-threatening. Whether in speed, strength, or durability, I can beat it physically, not to mention my rule-bending or godly powers.

Ignorant of the difference in strength, the stupid tiger continued advancing, thinking I was easy prey.

Although killing it barehanded would be interesting, I wasn't interested in bullying a weak opponent.

"FUCK OFF!" I yelled at it, releasing my divinity and aura.

The tiger froze in place, its body shaking. I could see the panic in its eyes as a trickle of urine flowed down its legs as it scrammed for dear life.

"Stupid cat." I shook my head and took out one of the Terraformer Fruits. 

The greenish-grey fruit with yellowish warts held an ominous air, promising doom for an entire ecosystem.

I know this is an evil act. I know that what I am doing is essentially mass extinction. However...

"In the end, there is no right or wrong, only profit." I muttered and threw the fruit far away.

As the fruit landed, it slowly released golden particles like a gas grenade, dispersing spores into the air. Soon, the land would be covered by creep, and the animals would either starve, eat each other, or mutate to join the new ecosystem. Only the Minions would remain as a food source. If left as is, after years, the Minions would gradually evolve until they become Rulers before creating the Ascended.

Of course, I didn't plan to wait for years. I can do things in a month or two.

I then started teleporting around the world, not caring about energy expenditure. Wherever I teleported, I threw a terraformer fruit before teleporting away again. I traveled around three large continents, passing deserts, lakes, and mountains, and saw familiar and unique wildlife.

Two hours later, I finally ran out of Terraforming Fruits, but it was enough.

"Two months later, I'll come back to check on things," I muttered and then spoke again. "Trod, anchor to this reality and name it Ascended World 2. Also, rename the Ascended World to Ascended World 1."

{Done.}

"Good. Send me to Ascended World 1." I said.

And with that, I vanished again.

.

.

.

Upon arriving at the Ascended World, I saw Primrose eating fruit salad.

"Iver! How was your trip?" Primrose asked.

"It's done. I'll come back in two months." I said.

"Good to hear." Primrose smiled.

"Has anything been going on while I was gone?" I asked.

"Yes. I conveyed our wish to re-evolve the Rulers. Almost all the Rulers accepted the offer." Primrose said.

"Almost?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes... Arnerd wishes to speak with you."

48