Prologue
4.6k 8 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She's really crazy.

I swallowed, realizing that I was at a dead end. This is the end. Even if I try to escape, nothing good will come of it. Golden eyes, like the pupils of a wild beast, seemed to see right through me.

I covered my mouth with trembling hands. Oh, shit. And how did I manage to get into this?!

Right now, this crazy girl has finished off a crowd of people in front of my eyes. Among them were the guards of the de Walt family and my maid, who only accompanied me. Is it worth saying that my own life in this situation means nothing?

So many innocent people have suffered because of my failed escape attempt. And even now I couldn't do anything for them. It's horrible. It's just awful. Was I really in a nightmare? Why the hell did this happen to me?

I wanted to cry. When I heard footsteps right behind me.

Her hands were covered in someone else's blood, and a manic smile was frozen on her face.

I slowly stepped back.

In fact, I didn't even try to resist. It's pointless. At any moment I was ready that my head would fly next.

«Damn, can I at least pray before meeting God?»

But suddenly she threw the bloody sword into the grass and on the contrary took a step in my direction. I tensed up even more.

— You are the first person in my entire life who has given me a helping hand, — the main villain began hoarsely, — Everyone else just wants me dead. Why did you do that?

I understood that my whole life depended on this answer.

My eye twitched nervously. Is she really interested?

Heck. Yes, if I had known who you were from the very beginning, I would never have done this!

I saved the main villain by accident. It turned out to be the most fatal mistake in my life. If I could rewind time, I'd leave her to die, and not even take a step in that direction!

But I felt that if I told her these words, I would accelerate the meeting of my head with the ground twice as fast.

Therefore…

— Actually… I'm a fan of yours! I said suddenly.

Such a «sincere» confession on my part clearly confused her. The villain's gaze wavered.

— What are you talking about? «What is it?» she asked.

— I–I mean, I've always been amazed by your talent! I exclaimed fervently, «Your Highness, I admire you the most!»

While saying these words, I carefully tried not to look at the mountain of bodies nearby. The metallic smell made me feel sick right in my throat. The fake smile on my lips looked more and more like a neurotic one.

I struggled with myself with the last of my strength. I was really ready to cry.

But…

Since everything has turned out this way, I will have to clean up the consequences of my wrong actions. If I can survive today, I must use any means to do so. And after that… I'll find a way to escape from it.

At least I managed to surprise her.

— You… Do you really admire me?

Gradually, the bloodthirsty expression on her face was replaced by a puzzled one.

— Your Highness, please know me as your number one loyal fan!

114