Chapter 75- Red’s Adoption
3.7k 33 121
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Red POV]

It’s been a few days since I’ve learned that I can go to the Divine Domain.  Apparently the two goddesses that wanted to meet me were still arguing over who would apparently adopt me.  I had gone back to the mortal world during the day to do my job while sometimes returning at night and sleeping there.  Big sis Rasu is a very nice and warm person, just like big sis Keeno.  She also gives good pats.

 

Anyway, when I got back to the mortal world, I continued sewing chaos in the Families, making sure they wouldn’t send anyone after big sis Keeno and the others.  I even managed to eradicate a smaller Family, crippling some of the bigger Family’s support network.  I was now running from the few remnants that were chasing me, leading them into a trap I had the Death spirits help me set up.

 

I turned the corner into an alleyway and jumped from wall to wall until I was on the roof of one of the buildings.  The ones chasing me finally turned the same corner only to get confused about where I went.  As they strode deeper into the dark alley, something resembling smokey black chains blocked the only exit.  I dropped down behind them and took several knives out of hidden pockets in my jacket and imbued them with some of my Valkyrie power.  I threw one fan of knives and they embedded themselves in the backs and throats of a few of the enemies.  I then quickly jumped back up before the others that were still alive heard the sounds of their allies’ bodies hitting the floor.  Once they did, I threw the other fan of knives at them, hitting all but two.

 

“Tch.”

 

Jumping down once more when the remaining goons looked up and saw me, I summoned my Soul Weapon and dashed towards them.  They tried to team up and hit me simultaneously, but I dodged their attacks and, with one stab to the throat each, killed them both before they could recover their balance.  The multitude of chains blocking the alley’s entrance then transformed into the forms of smokey wolves with glowing red eyes.  They walked over and their faces sunk into the bodies before reemerging with dimly glowing black balls in their mouths before sinking into the ground.

 

‘Hey Red, are you still busy with those mongrels?’ (Keeno)

 

‘No…Red finished them…just now.’ (Red)

 

‘Good.  Ama was saying that the two that wanted to meet you are there and waiting for you.’ (Keeno)

 

‘Ok…Red will go there now.’ (Red)

 

Following what I said, I closed my eyes and imagined a door in front of me.  When I opened them again, the door was there, and I walked through it.  Instantly I was transported to the pretty place I learned was called a beach.  Looking around, I found big sis Rasu talking with two people I’ve never seen before.  They looked similar but had a few features that made them easy to tell apart.  When I appeared here, all three of them turned to look at me.  Big sis Rasu smiled at me while the other two started getting so excited they looked like they were vibrating.

 

{Calm down, you two.  You’ll scare her if you approach her like this.}

 

It’s true that I was on guard when those two started to get excited like that, but scared was wrong.

 

“Red not scared…just…wary.” (Red)

 

{My bad then.}

 

I nodded at big sis Rasu before turning my attention fully back to the other two.

 

“Red is Red…who are you?” (Red)

 

The slightly shorter, pinker one stepped forward.

 

“I am Moco, one of the twin goddesses of Nature, Family, War, and Home.” (Moco)

 

“And I am Fu, the other twin.” (Fu)

 

“Which is which?” (Red)

 

““We’ll never tell.”” (Both)

 

{Hehehe.}

 

I walked over and sat down on a seat that appeared at some point.  Big sis Rasu sat next to me and the other two sat on another one that appeared on the opposite side of ours.  The two goddesses stared at me, and I stared back, not knowing what to do or say.

 

{*Sigh* Guess I’ll get this whole thing rolling then.  Red, like I told you a few days ago, these two want to adopt you.  I don’t know which one will be considered your mother as they didn’t tell me, but I do know that they will both take care of you to the best of their abilities.  Naturally, they won’t force you to accept if you so choose, but we’ll leave that decision up to you.  Before you make that decision, however, you all need to get acquainted.  For that, I’ll leave you three alone for a bit.}

 

Big sis Rasu then got up and vanished.  Things went back to the silent staring between all three of us, the only sound being the waves breaking out in the water.

 

“Guess it’s my turn.  Once again, my name is Moco.  I’ll start out by saying, Red, you’ve had a hard life.  A life that me and my sister, honestly, hate you had to endure.  We think the same for all people that went through experiences like you did, though what you went through is one of the crueler things we’ve seen.” (Moco)

 

“While we would adopt everyone that was in a situation like yours, Divine Law doesn’t allow it.  Something about interfering too much in mortal affairs, and, while we do understand the reason for that law, we still don’t like it, so we bless all those with similar circumstances to one day find a family and home that will ensure that things like what happened to them don’t happen again.” (Fu)

 

“However, since you became an Apostle, or Valkyrie, or whatever it was Amaterasu’s Fated One calls it, we figured that we could also adopt you.  We understand that it’s way out of nowhere, but as the embodiments of Home and Family, we want to at least try and make up for our true lack of action.” (Moco)

 

“Of course, we know that things like this will continue to happen, and it’s probably just an excuse to make ourselves feel better, but we truly do want to make you a part of our family.” (Fu)

 

“We won’t stop you from your objectives, we won’t keep you from spending time with Amaterasu or her Fated One, and we won’t constrain you in anything you want to do afterwards.” (Moco)

 

“All we ask is that you sometimes spend time with us, let us spoil you, and accept us as your family.” (Fu)

 

“Like Fu said earlier, we know that this is basically us just using you to make ourselves feel better, but we also truly do want to make you part of our family.  We know that you want one and know that you consider Amaterasu’s Fated One, Amaterasu, and the rest of their small circle your family, and we would really love to be considered a part of it as well.” (Moco)

 

With that, the two fell silent.  Their eyes told me that everything they said was the truth and there was no hint of any ulterior motive that I could tell from their words.  I stayed silent as I mulled over everything they said.  Looking at it the way Teacher taught me to, I looked at everything they said objectively, and found it reasonable, then I thought about what I truly wanted, which was a True Family.  Coming to a decision, I looked back at them.

 

“Who…would be Red’s mother?” (Red)

 

“I would.” (Moco)

 

“I would be your aunt.  But I’ll be the fun aunt who spoils you more than your mother.” (Fu)

 

“We’ll see, Fu.” (Moco)

 

The two glared at each other before big sis Rasu’s voice echoed from somewhere.

 

{Oi!  Don’t start arguing right now.}

 

That snapped the two out of the soon to be argument and they returned to looking at me.

 

“After we looked at everything from our personalities to how good we are with people, it was decided that I would be your mother since I’m just a tad bit more responsible than Fu.” (Moco)

 

“As much as I hate to admit it, I’m more impulsive and eager to start something.  Not that Moco isn’t also that way, it just takes a bit more before she loses it.” (Fu)

 

“Red sees….One more…question.” (Red)

 

““Yes?”” (Both)

 

“Can you…give pats…as good as……the others?” (Red)

 

““…”” (Both)

 

{Ahahahahaha!}

 

‘Pffft.’ (Keeno)

 

“Yeah, pfft, we can give some of the best pats around.” (Fu)

 

“And seeing as we are also wolves like you, we know the sweet spots that feel really nice to be pat.” (Moco)

 

“Then…Red agrees.” (Red)

 

At my answer, the two’s eyes began sparkling and they jumped up from their seat and over to me, wrapping me in a hug from both sides.

 

“Ahahaha.  Welcome to the family, my daughter.” (Moco)

 

“Yes, my niece, we will make sure you will be the most spoiled child out there.” (Fu)

 

“But Red is…16.” (Red)

 

“And?  We’re millions of years old.  That’s still practically a baby.” (Moco)

 

“And if you think that’s old, Amaterasu should be more like a grand-” (Fu)

 

Just then a large amount of killing intent flooded the place and the temperature started to rise so much the water nearby started to boil.

 

“I am saying nothing.  I said nothing.  I will never attempt to say anything.” (Fu)

 

Just as fast as it started, all the heat and killing intent disappeared.  After that, I spent the rest of the day being patted and spoiled by the two newest members of my family.

 

Chaos Realm:

Order: Good for Red.

Yeah.  She really deserves this.

Luna: *Poof* GUYS!  GUESS WHAT JUST APPEARED!

Order: …

Luna: …Sorry for interrupting a tender moment, but seriously, something amazing just appeared in the outer space that’s been slowly appearing since I ascended.

And that would be?

Luna: An entire planet that’s just a giant cookie.  It’s like a giant cookie ball, full of rivers of milk, ice cream, and coffee for some reason.

Order: That’s…interesting.

…Poor planet.

Luna: And why is that?

Last time one appeared like that, when some beings that advanced enough for space travel found it, the entire planet was consumed faster than its regeneration could fix it.

Luna: …Can I have permission to personally protect that planet when that happens?

I’ll allow a large space barrier.

Luna: That’ll be enough.  Now, off to set that up! *poof*

121