Ch2- Monkeys
3.2k 9 132
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dropped in an orphanage. How fucking classic.

After my parents were killed in front of my eyes, by the man hated by many, the female ROOT agent dropped me in front of the orphanage door and bolted away.

Fucking thank you, lady. At least you alerted them so they can come and pick me up on this cold night. Don’t know if it feels cold because it really is or I just lost my parents’ embrace. Maybe both.

I know I was born again, and I have a previous life. I know I had parents in my previous life, but that is it. I don’t remember anything about my previous life except the fact I had one and fiction of that world. 

And the feelings brewing inside of me are real. I know for sure that those who died were my real parents. I know the darkness I was floating in was my mother’s womb, and I know they loved me very much. But I don’t know why I love them back. 

Tears fell from my baby face, as someone picked me up. She had brown eyes and gray hair, not natural, aging. Her back was slightly hunched, but her arms were strong. 

“Another little angel.” She said with a sigh. Though she was genuine, she looked tired. “I can’t help but hate people. Or you are just another orphan caused by the devil.”

Ugh! She hates Naruto. 

“Let’s give you a nice bath and a cradle so you can sleep.

Fuck! I forgot I can’t move on my own, can’t even converse. Wait, can’t even wipe my own arse. Shit!

“And clean that bottom of yours, little stinky.” She said while moving her hand to clear the air.

Sigh. The best I can do is planning at this point. Let’s start with the facts I learned.

I am in Naruto World. Jutsu, powerful enemies, the constant threat of death. Check.

I have a cheat. Not sure how it works, since I can’t reach the skills section nor inventory. But the opening was the same as Skyrim, so I should be able to access them after some time. Check.

I don’t feel like sleeping, and it seems I don’t need to, nor do I feel hungry, then I should be able to live without both of them, but of course I will do them regularly to avoid any suspicion. 

Danzo killed my parents for suspecting them of being traitors, thieves, or spies. From his age and attire, I can say it is close to Minato’s death. My parents probably escaped after Naruto was born, and the village was ruined by Kyuubi. What Matron said supports this idea too.

Alright, I will kill Danzo for sure. Not soon maybe, but I will kill him for sure. That is not negotiable. If I can cause his death earlier, I will, if not I will grow strong to kill him myself.

Wait! I can’t kill him in tens of years to come if I do it myself. But I can make others kill him. I have all the information in the world I can use against him. I don’t really desire to kill him with my own two hands. Him being dead is more than enough!

I should plan that. Until then, I should remember the details.

What else? Naruto should be in the orphanage, so I will be friends with him. I pity the boy and it would help me along the way.

In three or four years, a Kumo Ninja will try to kidnap Hinata. But I will be too weak to interfere with that, and it doesn’t end badly. I will let it happen, I simply don’t care.

In six years, Uchiha Shisui will die. Again, I will be too weak. Please, 6 years old Kage level? What is this, trash-level fanfic? I doubt it. I love Shisui, he is one of my favourite characters in the Naruto Series, but I can’t stop.

The following year, the Uchiha Massacre will happen. Again, I don’t care. Itachi is an emo boy with a big hammer. Everybody knows what happens when you give too much power to children. I do have some plans in mind for that though. Let’s follow that one.

From then to the start of the series, it is blank. Or I simply can’t remember. Whatever. 

Oh, let’s see. I was bathed and now put in a cradle. It seems cosy enough. Let’s try to summon the interface.

Sigh, nothing! Imagining myself pressing an imaginary tab button. Nope.

Calling out for skills and inventory. Nothing again. Let’s just hope it will come out on its own.

****

Last year was… boring. Eating, shitting, and sleeping. Nothing else. Oh, you know what, I don’t have to sleep at all. I didn't have to eat either. But guess what, if I don’t people go crazy. So, I made sure to sleep every night and eat when other kids did. I couldn't let others know about this ability, under no circumstances. No sir.

The movement was minimal, and freedom was nonexistent. But hey, at least I could see other kids. One of them being the blonde hated by everyone.

Have you ever heard of the story of the 5 monkeys? If not, let me share it with you. It goes like this.

A group of scientists placed five monkeys in a cage, and in the middle, they placed a ladder with bananas on top. Every time a monkey went up the ladder to reach for the bananas, the scientists soaked the rest of the monkeys with cold water. After a while, every time a monkey tried to climb the ladder, the other monkeys would pull it down and beat it up to avoid getting soaked again.

Eventually, no monkey dared to go up the ladder, regardless of their desire for the bananas. The scientists then decided to replace one of the monkeys. The first thing the new monkey did was try to climb the ladder, but the other monkeys pulled it down and beat it up. Soon, the new monkey learned not to climb the ladder.

The scientists replaced the original monkeys one by one, and each time, the new monkey would try to climb the ladder only to be pulled down and beaten up by the others. Eventually, all the original monkeys were replaced, and none of the new monkeys had ever been soaked with cold water. Despite this, no monkey would climb the ladder for fear of being beaten by the others. They simply followed the established behavior without knowing why it existed in the first place.

This was taught fear. It was the same for the kids, who were like the monkeys in the story. When grown-ups hated one of the kids, others would instinctively put distance. 

It was still okay, Naruto was small and had to be taken care of. Workers and Matron still fed, bathed, and tucked him in. But as he grew up, people would hate him without knowing why, and he would be marginalized without knowing why. Truly sad. I am not the type that would get sad easily but whenever I see this kid, I feel my heart strain.

So, I crawled over to play with him. Workers put me somewhere else? No problem, I went back. I spent most of my time with the little blonde. No one would even question it, after all, we looked similar.

132