Chapter 2: Kidnapped and The Delinquents
4.9k 6 233
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At age 8, Elle was kidnapped for ransom. The Demobraun household being big and well-known made Elle a target for kidnappers.

 

After a day of Mr Demobraun pulling his hair off, worrying and thinking of how to get Elle back, Elle was found casually walking home covered in blood. Strangely, no injury was found on her.

Most of her kidnappers were dead. The surviving ones were interrogated.

 

[When we were observing her in the streets, it was as if she knew someone was gonna kidnap her, positioned herself to our convenience, and didn't struggle as we snatched her. In our base, we didn't tie her up since we thought she's just a child and she was compliant. We left one person to guard her. She and the guard were gone when we came back. That's when my guys started dying off one by one.]

 

Said the leader, the calmest one of the surviving kidnappers.

 

[Fuck, it's my fault for saying she stupidly left her box cutter there, none of us realized she took a knife from her first kill!]

 

This survivor was convinced Elle was the one that killed his friends as he kept on blaming himself.

 

[I saw it! The most isolated guy, he got pulled into the dark by a small shadow. When we pointed our flashlights, he-he was dying with a slit throat.]

 

This survivor kept avoiding shadows.

 

The interrogators were doubtful. A lot of the survivors were hinting that the girl did it. How could an eight year old deal with grown men? They thought her family secretly hired a helper, probably of small stature. They didn't further investigate a family that could get such a skilled helper and closed the case.

 

(Too bad I had to rely on instakill assassination techniques because of this weak and small body. That last group was smart too, not getting close to the shadows and not separating. They must have prioritized survival over recapturing me. It was fun watching them cower in fear.)

 

Thought Elle that time she was walking home covered in blood.

 

---

 

At age fifteen, Elle was well known in her school and the surrounding place as a genius both academically and physically, but with a twisted personality and would provoke and lure delinquents and unsavory people into alleys and turn the tables on them. She was a headache to the authorities and school personnel for this and her excessive retaliation, though they are slightly thankful as this kept the delinquents in line.

 

This and rumors about a kidnapping incident years ago caused Elle to be isolated in school, not that she cared, but this is likely the reason she never heard of the new VR online features until her father introduced it.

 

In the most recent incident, there were three delinquents. They're transfer students that didn't know about Elle. They were probably expelled from their previous school. Elle, a beautiful girl that looked harmless, seemed like an easy target for the delinquents.

 

[Girl, you look exactly my type. How 'bout we get out of this lame ass school and have some fun?]

[Bruh, she smell fuckin' good!]

[...]

 

It was the noon break when the three of them blocked Elle's path in the hallway and harassed her. The leader-like guy a head taller than Elle was talking down at her, another was too close and sniffing her, and the last one was staring as if to lick Elle all over.

 

Elle trembled. The delinquents were delighted as they thought she's terrified like a cornered prey, but she actually trembled with joy having found new toys after a long time.

 

Seeing this, the leader tried to grab her arm. Elle crouched slightly and twisted her body to the right. The leader thought she was just avoiding his hand when *slam*, he was hit squarely in the left jaw by Elle's palm, not wanting to damage her fists. *Thud* the leader fell unconscious as the other two stared dumbfounded.

 

Taking her chance while the two were dazed, *crack* [aaaAaAahh] Elle slammed her heel on the sniffing delinquent's knee, bending it in the wrong direction. The delinquent fell as he screamed. It's his fault for standing relaxed with just one of his knees locked on its joint to support his whole body.

 

[W-what the fuck??]

 

The last delinquent finally snapped out of his daze. Seeing Elle's calm demeanor and still in a fighting stance, he knew Elle was ready for him.

 

Seeing this, the last delinquent turned around and ran away quickly as he stumbled around, abandoning his buddies.

 

[Ugh, bastard!]

 

The delinquent with a knee bent backwards twisted in pain on the ground and muttered as he looked at the fleeing delinquent.

 

Elle didn't give chase. Rather, she directed her attention at the unconscious leader slowly coming to.

 

Before he could recover *stomp* [AAAahh, guuuh..] Elle also bent his knee backwards with her heels, sobering up the leader. More than bending his knee backwards, the bones or kneecap may have been fractured since his leg was resting on the floor when it was stomped on.

 

[What the hell.. YOU! Hiiee..]

 

The leader, trying to sit up as he endured the pain, saw Elle grinning as if enjoying their pained expressions. He shrieked in fear.

 

[Eleanor, stop!]

[Ah, it's over. How unfortunate.]

 

Elle muttered before she *slam* gave one last kick with her heels right into the leader's face as he was sitting up, breaking his nose. The school personnel ran towards them while shouting at Elle to stop.

 

[Eleanor, you.. Hey, call an ambulance and don't move them recklessly!]

 

A teacher, seemingly already used to it, muttered at Elle before instructing the other school personnel that came running with him.

 

[Eleanor, come to my office and tell me everything that happened. You there! You saw everything, right? Come as well. (Fucking hell..)]

[Y-yessir!]

 

The teacher told Elle and a witness student before leaving, muttering curses with a look of resignation.

 

Elle, the witness, and the teacher left, leaving a disastrous scene of injured people and panicking school personnel as other students looked from the sidelines.

233