Chapter 301: Rin the Avenger!
181 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the next day, Aoi and Rin woke up at the same time, and naturally, they were quite sleepy.

Maybe because they were a daughter and a mother, they were quite similar to each other.

The two of them were quite weak in the morning, but then, their noses twitched slightly as they smelled a delicious scent.

Rin opened her eyes, wondering whether her mother was cooking, but it seemed that wasn't the case since her mother was by her side.

Aoi was also woken up by the smell.

The two of them widened their eyes as they thought there was only a single possibility.

Who was the one who cooked?

There was no doubt—

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Tamazuki-kun." Aoi felt moved by how he would prepare breakfast for them, but she also couldn't stay silent and quickly approached him. "Let me help you."

"I am almost done soon. You just had a rough day yesterday, right? Just rest and let me pamper you."

His words were kind and gentle, which greatly moved Aoi since she wondered whether someone had ever been this gentle toward her. Moreover, as he had said last night, it was a rough day for her, and she couldn't tell this to her daughter. After all, how could she say that her husband and Rin's father were dying and killed by Kirei Kotomine?

Nevertheless, she was nothing but a weak woman.

She needed to be strong, yet what could she do?

So, the only thing she could do was to rely on Tamazuki, who was her support and also the one who held an important position in her heart.

Her reaction was even more intense, especially when she was the wife of a Magus.

As the wife of Magus, she should prepare herself not to have the happiness a normal woman could have. Even if her education from her childhood also said so, as a woman, who didn't wish for such happiness?

So, the kindness given by Tamazuki was like a drug that made her addicted and unable to escape from him.

"Rin-chan, you should sit down too. The breakfast is almost ready."

"Yes, Sensei."

Unlike her mother, Rin was much calmer. Nevertheless, under that calm mask, her heart was constantly in tremors as she was searching for the reason why her mother told them to move to her teacher's house.

Rin would be lying if she didn't have a guess what was happening, yet strangely enough, she was calm, or maybe it was because she was coming from the Magus family that she was prepared for everything.

Nevertheless, the three of them had a good breakfast together, having quiet, warm, yet happy food together.

Frankly, the food cooked by Tamazuki was so good that Rin and Aoi could only quietly eat and focus all of their attention on the food. Moreover, those foods were good enough for them to forget all the troubles in their life until—

"Mom, can you tell me what is happening?"

Rin's childish voice asked this question to her mother sincerely.

Aoi's movement stopped like a deer that met its natural predator. She hesitated, yet she could see the will and calmness in Rin's eyes. At the same time, she also felt extreme regret since she could see her daughter had matured so much in this single night.

As a mother, this should be something happy, especially when Rin was quite naughty, but she couldn't be happy with the situation where her daughter was forced to become mature.

As Aoi hesitated, Tamazuki said, "You should tell her."

"Tamazuki..."

"She might be a child, but she is the next head of your family, right? I am sure that she is more than ready to hear everything."

There was no way to hide everything.

It was better to tell Rin now since the more Aoi hid, the harder it was for her to tell everything.

Nevertheless, under his persuasion, Aoi nodded as she walked to Rin and brought her to the sofa to tell her everything. She hugged her daughter tightly as she said, "Rin, your father... has passed away."

"......."

Rin might have expected this, but she didn't expect that it would be the truth.

Her eyes were reddened, and tears kept dripping from her eyes, yet she held her sadness since she knew that she was going to be the next head of the Tohsaka family.

"Who...?"

"...it's Kirei."

"Kirei?!"

Rin widened her eyes as she looked at her mother, trying to see a lie in it, but her mother told the truth since her father was betrayed by Kirei, his only student.

"Kirei..."

This news was something that made her unable to comprehend for a moment.

No, she needed time to understand everything.

It wasn't until she recovered that she looked at her teacher. "Teacher, please teach me!"

"...you want to have revenge?"

"Yes!"

There was no way for her to let Kirei live as if nothing had happened.

"He is dangerous, you know? And you are just a child."

"I am not saying that I will do it now. I can wait."

Rin knew that she was just a child and fighting against Kirei was courting death. She needed to grow up and learn everything before she could send a decisive blow to her revenge.

"Calm down. Your mother won't wish you to do such a thing, and in case this Kirei passes away, what will you do?"

"Eh? Did Kirei pass away?"

Not only Rin but Aoi was dumbfounded.

"Just in case."

"Then..." Rin thought for a moment, then said without hesitation, "I will become a great head of the Tohsaka family! I won't let this family fail in my generation!" No matter what, she needed to continue with the Tohsaka family.

"That's great. I will support you."

"Sensei..."

Rin looked at Tamazuki and hugged him tightly. In the end, she was just a child, and having him greatly relieved her as he was her support.

Aoi was also glad, watching all of this, but then she couldn't help but blush at her dirty thought, thinking that he could become Rin's stepfather.

Then, when everything was settled, he turned on the television, but—

"Last night, there was another explosion. The victim is known as Kirei Kotomine, the son of a former priest who was caught in a previous explosion at the church. Even though there is no conclusive evidence, the culprit should be related to Kiritsugu Emiya's companion..."

The three of them fell into silence as they heard the news.

While Tamazuki was calm, Rin and Aoi were speechless, and their hearts were hardly calm. The killer of Tokiomi Tohsaka was there, dying before they could do anything, but...

This was a good ending, right?

Nevertheless, as the matter of revenge was over, the end of the Holy Grail was about to start tonight.

The only Servant on this Holy Grail, Rider, was going to be his target next.

7