Chapter 302: Who is alone?
161 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At a certain house in the neighborhood, Rider and Waver played a game. While they might not have much of an expectation toward the game, they didn't expect it to be so great that they got hooked, so all of these times, they spent their days playing a game.

Why?

Well, they knew that it was impossible to catch Caster's tail, so they might as well come to wait for him.

It definitely had nothing to do with the fact that the game was interesting, okay?

Nevertheless, there was no doubt that they had a blast.

Until—

"Waver! Iskandar! I am coming to play!"

"...." 2x

"...Rider?"

"Yes."

Waver was scared, but Rider was speechless.

There was no doubt whose voice this was. Even though they had never met, they knew who the identity of this voice was.

Rider stood up and then stretched his head out of the window before he saw a handsome figure out there.

Tamazuki stood outside of the house, smiling.

"....."

Rider took a deep breath, then said, "Wait there! I am going out soon!"

"Okay, I am waiting here."

Rider sighed in relief since Caster wasn't an unreasonable character as he was afraid that Caster might involve the Mackenzie family that had been in the help of him and Waver.

"Let's go out. He has been waiting for us!"

Even though Rider was hooked by the game, it didn't mean he couldn't tell the seriousness of their current situation. If they made Caster wait too long, he wasn't sure what kind of plan or what Caster might do.

After all, Caster had the advantage.

Especially with how Caster was so brave by coming directly in front of the house.

Meanwhile, whether Rider or Waver, they knew nothing of Caster.

"O-Okay!"

While Waver was scared, he didn't want to involve the Mackenzie family and quickly followed Rider. Still, he looked at the game last time and heard Rider's voice.

"Don't worry. We can play it later."

Waver looked at Rider, feeling moved, before nodding. "Yes!"

The two walked out of the house after talking with Glen and Martha Mackenzie about having to meet their friend.

Even Caster was also helping them by kindly talking with the two elderly, which made Rider and Waver feel uneasy since this guy was too calm!

Moreover, Caster was alone.

"Are you here alone?" Rider asked curiously. There was no trace of fear or anxiety on his face as he was looking around at the outside, trying to see whether there was a trap or not.

"What do you think?" Tamazuki only smiled. "Anyway, come on. I don't want to fight in this neighborhood and involve others."

This time, Waver and Rider agreed.

Magecraft might be powerful, but the more people knew about its existence, the lower its effect was.

While no one knew why, people could only conclude it was the law of the world.

The three of them walked with Tamazuki in front and Rider and Waver behind, following him.

"Also, I am not Caster."

"Then, are you saying that you are an Assassin?" Rider asked jokingly.

"No, I am Caster's Master."

"......." 2x

"So, if you kill me here, then you can win." Tamazuki still had a smile on his face. "How about it? Do you want to try to kill me?"

"......."

They didn't know how to act or react in this current situation.

So, was the person in front of them Caster's Master?

Then, why did he courageously come in front of their house?

Still, if they really killed him, then they would win?

Suddenly, many thoughts appeared in their heads, especially on Waver, who was always overthinking as he was trying to see what Tamazuki wanted to do.

Rider was the same and felt uneasy, but suddenly, he realized how quiet the street was. It was so quiet that there was no presence of people as if only the three of them existed, but then the space suddenly melted, and the scenery of their surroundings changed.

Even with such confusion, Rider held his Master tightly as he took out his sword, ready for the battle, but then, nothing happened.

The only thing that changed was the fact they weren't in their previous location anymore. Instead, they were at Mount Enzou.

This was a sacred mountain in Fuyuki City, and it was where Ryuudou Temple was located.

"Is this Caster's ability?" Rider frowned and understood why Caster could take down all the Servants one by one so swiftly.

Frankly, if Tamazuki hadn't called the two of them before, even Rider wasn't confident that he could block this sudden attack. Even if he believed that he wouldn't be defeated easily, what about Waver?

Waver also said that Caster had the ability to see anyone from a distance.

With such a method, was there even an existence that could defend against him?

So why didn't Caster take advantage of that and meet him personally?

Was Caster so confident that he could defeat him?

Rider was in doubt, yet also snorted since he wasn't weak.

Especially when he believed that his Noble Phantasm was invincible.

Still, should he kill him like what Caster said before?

As for when Caster told them that he was the Master of this Holy Grail, there was no way for Rider to believe it since the dangerous feeling that came out from this being wasn't something a human could possess.

This guy was a monster.

Rider had no doubts about that, but then again, if they fought, he didn't think he would lose. "Am I the only Servant on this Holy Grail now?"

"Yes." Tamazuki nodded at ease. "I had defeated the rest. Only you remain."

"—!?" Waver was shocked. While he knew there was such a possibility, hearing it from Tamazuki's mouth still shocked him.

"That's a shame." Rider felt deep regret. "It was a rare chance for heroes from various times to gather together. Before you start to kill them, isn't it better for us to talk to each other? Share wine as we talk about our aspirations with the Holy Grail."

"Is there a point? Since I am the one who will get the Holy Grail anyway. Hearing someone else's aspiration for the Holy Grail is just a waste of time."

Rider sighed helplessly. "You don't have a romance, don't you? You are not fun. You are boring."

Yet, hearing that, Tamazuki only looked at Rider with a smile.

How to say... Rider could see that he was like a clown in Tamazuki's eyes. His eyes became sharp and dangerous since, as a king, who wished to be mocked like this?

"Why are you getting angry? Weren't you the one who mocked me? You have your own opinion, so I can't have my opinion? Or do you want others to have the same belief as you? What a tyrant..."

Tamazuki's voice seemed like he was so scared, but everyone could tell that he was just mocking Rider.

"I am." Rider didn't back away. "As a king, it is my duty to be a tyrant!" He didn't think that he was wrong and thought that he was correct.

Tamazuki yawned and knew that there was no point in talking anymore since there was no doubt that Rider was an enemy.

"Now, you said that yourselves. Is there even a point in talking with someone who won't listen to others?"

"....." Rider.

"By the way, you have asked me whether I am alone or not, right? Well... I am not."

Then, one by one, many Servants appeared one after another.

Saber, Caster, and Assassin.

The three Servants appeared at the same time, though Caster was hiding behind Tamazuki.

Yet, due to this—

"......." Rider and Waver.

8