Chapter 305: Tanuki-chan! (Original World)
176 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Japan wasn't what it used to be.

No, it was like before, but for those who could feel it, they could feel something dark was brewing.

It was like a tsunami was about to blast apart this country.

While the day was like any before, the night was rather gloomy and depressing. At night, no one dared to come out anymore, especially when many people started to disappear inexplicably, one after another.

Even now, no one is sure of the reason, but the news and everything also told all the people to go home early, and no one went out at night.

Nevertheless, not everyone was willing to listen, and many of them still often walked out at night since the night was when they were working and got their money. Even if they knew that the night was dangerous, they still walked out of their home since if they didn't, they might not be able to eat.

However, facing those types of people, while many of them were lucky, some of them were unlucky and disappeared during the night.

Still, those people didn't have that much of a connection with people, whether it was friends or family. Even if they had such a connection, it was a shallow one. Even if they disappeared, they didn't attract much attention.

However, naturally, not everyone was like that, and it was their family and friends who were worried about those who had disappeared, especially when they thought that it might be them who would disappear.

Now, how has everything become like this?

It was all due to something that happened in Kyoto.

That day, everyone saw the terror in that city, whether it was the government, military, police, or everything that needed to be stopped due to that disaster.

That day saw the calamity that could destroy their country.

However, the leaders of this country knew that everything started in Tokyo.

Still, what had happened in Tokyo was only a small scale, and before long, it had disappeared, and everything became peaceful once again like a gentle and soothing wave on the ocean.

Yet, like an ocean, the surface might be gentle, but inside?

It was filled with a raging wave that could destroy anything.

However, at that time, everything was peaceful, and everyone loved such a time, especially when the government prepared started their plan to make the country become great again.

Let's make Japan great again!

There was such a slogan everywhere, and everyone was also affected, even happy, longingly thinking about such a future.

Yet, the sudden change in Kyoto made everything disappear.

Their hope popped like a bubble, which made them wonder whether this country was cursed.

Nevertheless, for this high school girl, she knew that this scene reminded her of the time when she was still in elementary school. At that time, she was still ignorant and didn't understand anything, but when she became a high school student, she realized how amazing her experience was.

Moreover—

Ienaga Kana looked at the crescent moon-like symbol on her shoulder. It was like a birthmark, so it was okay, but as expected, it was quite noticeable since it made her appear sexier for some reason.

Kana was a little helpless, but it couldn't be helped since she knew that she had signed a contract.

Yes, a contract.

Even though it was a little weird, she had made a contract with a dog-like youkai.

'He said that he was a tanuki, right?'

To save her classmates and everyone during that disaster, she made a contract to give her body to him.

While she felt a little embarrassed, the older she was, the more she realized how serious her situation was.

Frankly, she wanted to meet him again, especially when she felt that he was the one who seemed able to solve this strange phenomenon that happened every night in this country.

Was he that busy?

Or was she being forgotten?

After that day, they had never met each other again, which made her helpless.

'Tanuki-chan...'

Kana sighed, but at the same time, she also thought about her childhood friend, Nura Rikuo. She wasn't sure why; he suddenly disappeared from school for some reason. Even though she was worried about him, there was nothing that she could do. Moreover, his house was so empty that there were no people inside.

Nevertheless, Kana felt strange whenever she saw Rikuo's house since it made her uncomfortable. She didn't want to get really close to it, and frankly, the last time they saw each other, she could see that he was so weird.

Kana then shook her head since she knew that there was nothing that she could do, so thinking about this was meaningless. However, she hoped that Tanuki-chan who had given her such a noticeable symbol on her shoulder, could talk with her, or else she really wasn't sure what to do.

With a sigh, Kana walked out of her room, ready to have dinner after finishing her homework, but in the living room, she saw her mother was anxious.

"Mom, what's wrong?"

"Y-Your father..."

"What's wrong with father?"

Kana's expression changed, and she became worried.

"I... I talked with him before and when he was about to enter the station.... but.. but... suddenly he screamed, and his phone was dead."

Kana's mother was so worried that her expression was so pale, but the country had set up a curfew, so they should stay inside, yet there had always been a situation where they needed to go out as her husband did.

"Is it the station? So, Mom, wait here! I will look after Father!"

Kana couldn't stay calm and quickly left her house.

"Wa-Wait! Kana! Don't go out!"

However, Kana didn't listen to her mother's persuasion and left for the station to search for her father. While she ran, she might not have realized how strange the sky, atmosphere, air, and everything in her surroundings were. Everything was so quiet like it was a dead city, yet for her, who had met many supernatural phenomena, this was nothing. She had seen a scary ghost in her childhood, so just a quiet night was nothing.

Yet, the more she walked, the stranger the situation in her surroundings as if she was running in the same place again and again.

"Wait..."

Kana stopped as she felt her heart beating so fast. "I... I ran past this place before, right?"

Then, suddenly a creepy, eerie laugh echoed in her surroundings.

Kana realized that she was surrounded by youkai!

Her legs became weak, and she almost fell on her feet as she saw many creepy and scary monsters popping one after another.

"He-Help..."

However, no one heard her scream, especially when everyone had stayed inside their house.

"Hehehe..."

"This girl is scared of us!"

"The meat of such a young girl must be delicious!"

All the youkai laughed as Kana became scared due to their presence.

However, Kana was extremely afraid, especially when she heard that she was about to be eaten.

"Now that you mention is, she smells so delicious."

"Yeah, this girl must be special."

When all the youkai realized how special her body was, all of them seemed to salivate and became greedy at Kana. As a youkai, if they wanted to become stronger faster by making their legend become even more famous or eating the body of a strong youkai or a special human.

Kana seemed to be a special human, so all of them were greedy for her body as it would enhance their power.

"TANUKI-CHAN!"

It wasn't Nura Rikuo, who she called when she needed someone the most, but Tamazuki, then—

*Rip!*

A familiar ripped sound was heard.

This sound might be scary, but at the same time, it was nostalgic.

Kana, who closed her eyes due to fear, then heard the voice of someone that she had always wanted to hear.

"You have always been in this situation, huh?"

Kana opened her eyes, then looked at Tamazuki, who had grown up. She blinked her eyes and was in a daze since his appearance was just too attractive.

"...tanuki-chan?"

"Don't call me by that strange nickname. I have a name."

Yet, no matter how helpless he sounded to be, Kana jumped and hugged him tightly since she was glad to meet him.

"Tanuki-chan!"

6