Vol 3, Ch 2. New Powers
261 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some cleanup and breakfast, Bonny donned her red healing robes and headed downstairs to check on Brooke. It had been several days since Bonny had left the room and several more since she had visited the mermaid after her surgery.

Eloisss, Kanae, and Tamanna followed along. When they passed by the lobby on the way. It was packed with people, mostly men, but a few women were visible as well.

“Why is it so crowded?” Bonny asked Tamanna as they started down the stairs to the lower level.

The ferret girl laughed. “You!”

“Me? I haven’t done anything.”

“Your aura. Ever since the night you danced in the square, business has been crazy. Kama even hired additional girls to meet the demand. All the rooms are full and there’s a waiting list to be seen. Some men wait for hours.”

“Oh. I thought the aura was contained?” Bonny concentrated on her aura and pulled it tight. It was much stronger than before. Maybe more training was needed.

“Yess, to an exstent.” Eloisss responded. “We could only do sso much.”

“It’s fine. Kama is really happy. I think she’s planning on giving you a percent of profits. Minus the room and food, of course.” Tamanna said. “There are other brothels opening as well. She’s invested some money and helped them get started. If things go well, she may get the open seat on the Council.”

Bonny thought back to the weasel that had led the wrath cultists. “What happened to, uh, the cult guy?”

“Itachi?” Tamanna answered. “He’s still imprisoned, for now. Everyone is worried about the monsters. They’re causing problems for anyone leaving the city.”

“They didn’t leave? The monsters, I mean?”

The ferret girl shook her head. “The guards are sending out more patrols, but there aren’t enough people to subdue all of them. We may lose more crops, if nothing changes. Eris isn’t happy.”

“Can we help?” Bonny asked Eloisss. “It’s sort of our fault.”

Eloisss shook her head. “Not ourss. It’ss Matt’ss fault. Or Wrath. Not uss. Let’ss get more information and we can assk the otherss what they think.”

“Okay.”

They arrived at Brooke’s room, but there was a red glow around a small ornament beside the door.

“She’s busy.” Tamanna pointed to the light. “It shouldn’t be long, we can wait here and see her before her next client.”

“She shouldn’t be taking more clients yet.” Bonny protested. “We need to check her health.”

“There’s a waiting list and you were indisposed. She said she felt fine decided to start seeing customers two days ago.”

It was a few minutes before the glow vanished. Tamanna knocked and called out, then they entered when they heard Brooke invite them in.

“Bonny!” The mermaid’s musical voice welcomed them. She was naked and floating in the middle of the pool. When she saw them, she flipped around, tail slapping at the water before swimming rapidly over to the edge of the pool near the door. “Are you here for a session? It’s free, for you.”

Eloisss growled and a spike of emotion shot through their bond. Bonny slapped the lamia’s arm, but answered Brooke.

“Hi. No, I’m just here to check on you. Can you lay back? [Analysis!] [Spirit Analysis!]”

Brooke rolled over and stretched out, floating on her back with her arms above her head, large breasts flattening out but still prominant.

Bonny concentrated on Brooke’s spirit and groin, trying to ignore the display.

The mermaid reached down and stroked her vent, fingers running along the scales that protected her vagina. “It feels good again. How does it look?”

When Bonny first met Brooke, the mermaid was sick and had a rash that covered her lower belly and extended down, under her scales. It had been painful but not fully visible. When healing the demonic disease, Bonny discovered a second problem, a form of magical cervical cancer that absorbed healing magic. Bonny had cut it out, then healed the wounds after.

“Good. I think you’re fine, but you should still limit sex for a while, penetrative especially. At the very least, don’t use the same contraceptive magic.”

Brooke nodded. “Kama had a different method and I switched skills. It’s a little more intrusive and uses more magic, but not in the same area.”

“Just keep an eye on it. There may be a higher risk for maintaining that type of magic on you.”

“I will. Do you still want to go swimming with me?”

Bonny smiled and nodded. “To the underwater shrine? Yes. Kanae and I should practice more before we go. Do you have time now?”

“Sorry, Kama has me booked all day. How about tomorrow morning?”

“Sure. Thank you.” Bonny ignored the snarling and grinding of teeth beside her.

“It’s a date.” Brooke grinned and winked at Eloisss.

The snarling grew louder and Bonny had to drag the lamia from the room.

They gathered their companions and gear, then left the brothel, heading to a training area near the south gate and guard barracks. The cow trio left to help Colette, Tamanna stayed at the brothel, and Iolana and Lupa joined the rest of them. Freja led the way through the city.

As they worked their way south, Bonny found herself focusing on the poor around them: the beggars and the lame, the dirty children hiding in alleys. She healed those she could and sent several to the temple, promising to check up on them later.

Freja held Bonny’s earnings and handed large copper coins to the bunny for her give out to anyone that seemed hungry.

The rest of her retinue waited and helped, not protesting at the delays. Some of the residents were frightened of Eloisss, Violet, or Willowbelle, but the guard was familiar with them after the battle. Their descriptions had been passed around and having Freja with them helped as well. It was a relief for all of them to be able to move around the city openly.

Bonny was especially famous after her aerial fight with Zeal and the display of healing and dancing in the plaza. Quite a few people stopped and asked to talk to her and several asked about her wings, which she attributed to a skill. She was in bunny form, so the wings didn't exist at the moment, but she had cut slits into her robes to allow for them.

Once at the training arena, they worked out for several hours. Miu and Eloisss both had new skills, available after the tentacle incident two days prior. Violet’s arcane expulsion had infused them with magic energy, giving both of their classes some additional options.

Miu took a new skill for conjuring arrows, since recovering and reusing arrows had been her biggest drawback during the battle with Wrath's army. The arcane shafts were further enhanced by another skill and, with her new mana pool, she could use both skills together for much longer than expected.

Eloisss acquired a skill for lining the edges of her twin falcatas with arcane energy, enhancing and protecting the blades. She didn’t receive as much magic as Miu, though, so her mana pool was limited. She compensated by practicing flicking the skill on and off just before contact.

Freja sparred with Bonny, and Bonny was surprised that she could keep up with the experienced centaur. This was the first time she had practiced since the fight with Zeal and Matt. After a few minutes, she paused and called up her [Status]. She hadn't checked it since the fight with Matt.

Alerts (7):

You have been recognized by the Goddess Compassion for your selfless acts for those in need. The touch of the Divine will be seen upon you. Improved Perception and increased awareness of those in need. You have been given access to Compassion’s Nectar. Your aura may intimidate anyone not god-touched. Your will has increased.

Courage has granted you access to her Spear.

You have been recognized by the Goddess Hope. The touch of the Divine will be seen upon you. People around you will look to you for guidance. Allies will rally and enemies will cower. You have been given access to Hope’s Horn of Plenty. Your aura may intimidate anyone not god-touched. Your will has increased.

You have defeated a demon and taken it’s power. All stats increased. Aura strength increased.

Achievement earned: Demoness! You have maximized your demonic affinity. All stats increased. Aura control increased.

You have returned power to a demon. All stats decreased. Aura strength decreased.

Arcane magic has been infused from an arcane entity. Mana increased.

Status:

Name: Bonny
Race/Species: Outworlder / Rabbit-kin / Succubus
Age: 22
Health: Healthy
Soul: Healthy

Titles:
Dragonslayer - You have slain a dragon.
Journeyman Sage - You have learned all magical affinities.

Ageless (H) - You have stopped aging due to residual Divine essence. Hidden!
Demonic Champion (H) - You champion the cause of a Demon. Hidden!
Divine Engineer (H) - You have changed the System. Hidden!

Achievements:
Proficiency with all Magic Affinities - Sage title earned.

Attention of the Gods (H) - The Divine Seven are watching you. Hidden!
Demigod (H) - You have acquired and given up Divinity. Hidden!
Demoness (H) - You have maximized your Demonic affinity. Hidden!
System Update (H) - Divine Engineer title earned. Hidden!

Magic Affinities:
Arcane Journeyman 12%
Demonic Master (Lust 100%, Wrath 37%)
Divine Journeyman (Courage 90%, Healing 90%, Justice 23%, Compassion 30%, Hope 12%)
Elemental Novice (Air 75%, Water 85%)

Aura Abilities:
Demonic Desire (area) - Increase desire in entities around you.
Demonic Drain (affected) - Drain essence from entities affected by Desire.
Demonic Fury (self) - Increase physical speed and stats when enemies are around you.

Divine Cleansing (area) - Purify the area around you.
Divine Courage (allies) - Allies around you will have their morale boosted.
Divine Empathy (area) - Improved Perception and increased awareness of those in need.
Divine Healing (area) - Friendly entities around you will slowly heal.
Divine Hope (area) - People around you will look to you for guidance. Allies will have morale boosted, enemies will feel despair.
Divine Retribution (area) - Enemies around you inflicting damage to allies will take half damage in return.

Earned Abilities:
Divine Leveling - Double experience rewarded for conflict with Demonic Champions or minions.
Dragonfear Immunity - Immune to Dragonfear and lesser terrors.
Dragonfire Immunity - Immune to Dragonfire and lesser fire.

Class: Expert Medic/Demonic (alternatives available, advancement available)

Skills: (no skills available, no skills may be improved)
Analgesia (all) - 2%
Analysis (all, spirit, system) - 3%
Create Water (all) - 17%
Mending (all) - 100% (Advancement available - Heal, Rehabilitate, or Restore)
Panacea (all) - 100% (Advancement available - Catholicon, Remedy, or Theriac)
Sacrifice (demonic) - 64%
Ward (all) - 83%
Wound Transfer (demonic) - 62%

Non-Class Skills:
Contraception (all)
Invigorate (arcane, divine)

Racial Skills: Draining Aura, Draining Kiss

General Skills: Agility, Dancing, First Aid, Flexibility, Running, Shield Use, Sword Use, Walking, Otherworld Knowledge

Equipment:
Big Red - Bonded, Growth (Legendary, multiple parts/Demonic)
Brush of Death - Bonded (Legendary)
Cup of Compassion - Bonded (Divine)
Cornucopia of Hope - Bonded (Divine)
Fist of Wrath - Bonded, Growth (Rare, Demonic)
Spear of Courage - Bonded (Divine)
Sword of Justice - Bonded (Divine)

Phys Power: Novice 25%
Phys Contr: Novice 25%
Stamina: Novice 25%

Mag Power: Journeyman 15%
Mag Contr: Journeyman 6%
Mana: Journeyman 33%

Aura Power: Expert 9%
Aura Contr: Journeyman 81%
Will:  Expert 24%

“Wait. Hold for a minute.” Bonny moved to the side of the arena and  sat down to go through her new equipment. She summoned the Cup and Horn, testing the nectar and fruit, finding both to be less potent than the drink Compassion had given her. She eventually decided they were  safe for normal people.

When they finished training, Bonny gave each of them nectar and food. The two divine artifacts seemed to replenish immediately and both helped with recovery. When combined with Bonny’s cleansing and healing auras, the group was refreshed and ready to go in minutes.

Before they headed back to the central plaza to check in at the temples, Bonny brought up another topic, bouncing up and down as she asked Freja about the city.

“We’ve been so busy since we’ve arrived, we haven’t really had time to look around. Is there a shopping area? Or somewhere with some craftsmen? Now that we have some money and time, I’d like to get some gifts for each of you.”

Freja smiled at the enthusiastic bunny, “Of course, follow me.”

Thanks for reading.
-a

6