Chapter 12 – Cispia. Consentia’s notorious reputation
1.1k 6 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That night, Mog had the best sleep in his entire life. He dreamt of being wrapped in soft clouds, feeling warm and fuzzy. When he opened his eyes, however, he could only see darkness. He felt something soft and squishy on his face, and he felt soft arms and legs wrapped around his body.

Mog couldn't help but think to himself, What is going on...? Oh, right... I'm a slave now... And I'm sharing the same bed as master. Why is she hugging me, though? Not that I mind too much, it's comfy.

He stayed like this for another few minutes before he suddenly heard the door opening. He heard silent footsteps before he heard the sound of a veil opening. The moment the veil opened, Consentia seemed to start steering and hugged him tighter to her while mumbling incoherently.

Mog then heard the cheerful and clear voice of a young girl, "Good morning, Mistress, time to wake up~! Breakfast will be ready in half an hour~"

Consentia finally woke up at this time and said, "Alright, alright, Cispia, I'm awake..."

After yawning, she finally noticed Mog in her embrace. She released her tight hold and smiled at him gently while stroking his head, "Good morning, my little Mog."

After finally being released from her warm and tight grasp, Mog could finally see that the room was bright. His face was directly in front of Consentia's exposed breasts, and when he looked up, he saw her gently smiling face.

Mog replied, "Good morning, master."

Consentia asked while continuing to stroke his head, "Did you sleep well?"

Mog answered earnestly, "Yes, Master. It was the best sleep I had in my life."

Indeed, he never had a proper bed, so even a normal mat would feel luxurious, not to mention the soft bed of an aristocrat. He was also in a proper and closed room, filled with the faint scent of flowers and herbs, unlike his old home that was exposed to the elements and was located in the middle of the shit-smelling slums. And finally, he was hugged by a rare beauty throughout the night, warming him and making his sleep more comfortable. Even some rich merchants might not have this kind of luxury. To any normal slave out there, along with most citizens, this kind of luxury was unattainable in their entire lifetime.

Consentia nodded, "Good, good... Alright, let's get up now. We have a long day ahead of us."

She let go of him and got up from bed, stretching in all her naked glory. Mog also got up from bed, and he finally saw Cispia standing near the window.

She was a young girl, around 12-years-old, and wearing a white silk tunic and sandals. She was almost a head taller than Mog, about 1.6m tall. Her figure was well-balanced and rounded, not too skinny or too chubby, but she had large breasts for her age, each the size of a large lemon. She also had some muscle on her otherwise dainty arms and legs, hinting that she wasn't just a pretty flower.

She had golden hair, tied in the shape of a bun. She had a pretty oval and slightly freckled face, with a small nose and slightly chubby rosy cheeks. Her eyebrows were thin and delicate, her lips smallish yet fine, forming a cheery smile. She had a small beauty mark right next to her left eye. Her eyes were a light blue, seemingly reflecting her joy of life and the free sky, unlike her status as a mere handmaid.

Overall, she gave Mog the impression of a pretty and cheerful girl, full of hope in life. Mog has seldom seen such a look in a slave before. Usually, a slave would look more apathetic to life, especially child slaves.

Currently, Cispia was holding crimson female subligaculum1ancient female underwear, made out of fine silk with some golden decorations.

She handed the underwear to Consentia as she said, "Here is your underwear, mistress." She then gave an inquisitive look at Mog, her sunny smile waning slightly. Upon noticing his slave crest, she asked Consentia meaningfully, "And who is this new...  colleague of mine, master?"

Consentia gave her a look while she put on her underwear and said, "That is Mog, my new pet. From today on, until I say otherwise, he will have the same status as you. Prepare him a room, some silken clothes... And throw that away while you're at it." She pointed at Mog's old clothes and sandals lying on the floor.

While the tunic given by the auction house was made from linen, a mid-grade clothing material, it was a far cry from silk. Also, just the thought of her pet still wearing clothes from that horrible place sent waves of disgust in Consentia.

The moment Cispia heard that this new colleague of hers was to be treated as an equal, a look of realization flashed on her face, and her attitude turned more friendly to Mog. In this entire Fidelis mansion, her only equal colleague was the other handmaiden, Livia. All other slaves either belonged to the mansion itself or the other master of the house, young master Aulus. While the mansion itself belonged to their father, Bultatus, since he was currently situated on the northern front, the house was conveniently managed by the two siblings.

Cispia and Mog nodded to each other in acknowledgment before Cispia took the clothes on the floor and left the room.

After Consentia put on her dress, a red stola, she went to the bathroom with Mog to brush her teeth.

She took from a drawer under the sink a bristle toothbrush and a jar of pampica paste, giving them to Mog, "I forgot to give you a toothbrush last night, here you go. Also, from now on, I will cast a teeth protection spell on your teeth every week."

Mog - "Thank you, master."

Consentia and Mog then brushed their teeth, and Consentia applied a spell called teeth protection on his teeth. Mog didn't really feel much of a difference, but it did make his teeth less sensitive.

Before they left the bathroom, Mog felt like he needed to answer the call of nature, so after getting permission, he used her toilet. While it was a bit different than the public latrines, where you just pooped into a hole leading directly to the sewers, this toilet functioned a bit differently. It worked with a water pipe system, draining the waste into the sewers. In the public latrines, Lamarians were provided by the empire a square piece of woolen cloth to wipe their rears. After being done, they would place the woolen cloth in a designated basket, where the cloths would later be cleaned in mass through the magic of priests of Ivius, god of cleanliness and purity, or as training and side-job for apprentice mages. It is even used as punishment for stronger mages. 2I changed the historical facts because I find it too disgusting. Look at the author's note at the bottom of the chapter.

In Consentia's bathroom, it seemed like she too used wool cloth, albeit more decorated, to wipe and had a designated basket near the toilet. Mog didn't expect that rich people would use linen or silk to wipe because linen and silk were too smooth to remove the sludge from the rear.

After he was done and exited the bathroom, he saw Consentia sitting in front of her vanity table, brushing her long silken-like hair. To the side, he saw that Cispia already brought a set of clothing for him to wear.

Mog bowed slightly in thanks - "Thank you, Cispia. I'm Mog, by the way."

Cispia bowed back to him and said with a bright smile - "No need for courtesy with me, Mog. We are equals now under the service of the mistress. Now then, do, please, get dressed." She stressed. It was not a great joy talking with a naked 10-year-old.

She then walked to Consentia and helped her with her makeup. In the meantime, Mog wore his new clothes. Unlike linen clothes, silk clothes felt far more cool, comfortable, and soft to the skin. Mog greatly enjoyed the feel, as it felt lighter and less stiff. The sandals he got from Cispia were also of better quality than his former set.

After he finished dressing, he sat on a marble stool and watched Cispia helping Consentia put on her makeup and helping her with her hair. A few minutes later, the girls were done, and they all left the room to eat.

Along the way, Mog could finally see how the mansion looked like in the daytime. The corridors were bright and made out to look magnificent and luxurious. The walls were filled with wall paintings. There were marble sculptures on stone pedestals depicting the faces of men and women along with their names. There were large wooden doors carved exquisitely. Even the windows looked like a piece of art in his eyes.

He also saw other servants and slaves along the way. Female maids were cleaning the hallway, and he could spot male slaves doing some gardening work outside the windows. Unlike him and Cispia, the slaves wore linen clothes. Although it was better than the cheapest woolen clothes, it was still eclipsed by the value of silk. Also, unlike Cispia, Mog noticed that the slaves appeared less cheerful and more neutral. Still, it was better than other slaves out there, and he could tell that they were not in despair, unlike mine slaves. It could be seen that they were better treated than common slaves.

The trio walked to the ground floor, and after taking a turn to the right, they soon arrived at a room with a large table. Currently, the only occupant of the large table was Aulus, and in front of him, there was food prepared. The breakfast consisted of a large loaf of expensive white bread, a Spelt porridge that was called puls, and there was also a spread for the bread made out of sheep cheese and herbs called moretum. The table also had a dipping sauce called Garum, a sauce made from boiled fish, herbs, honey, and lots of salt.3Historically it was made out of raw fermented fish and contained tapeworm eggs, making tapeworms widespread throughout the empire. I removed it since I found it a bit too disgusting. On the side, there was also diluted wine spiked with honey, called mulsum, as well as fruit. This was a typical breakfast of the wealthy of Lamaria.

When Aulus saw Consentia, he made a curt smiled and said, "Come, dear sister. I was waiting for you."

There was a seat prepared for Consentia to eat on the other side of the table. Consentia smiled gently and said, "Thank you, dear brother."

She then turned to Mog and Cispia and said, "You two go and eat at your own table. We will meet after breakfast."

Cispia and Mog bowed to her and said in unison, "Yes, master/mistress."

While Consentia walked to the table to eat, Cispia turned to Mog and said, "Come, Mog. Our dining room is in the high-class servant area."

Mog silently nodded and followed Cispia. On the way, Cispia said, "You have addressed the mistress as master. While it isn't wrong, it is not the correct way to address her. Please say mistress in the future, ok, Mog?"

Mog nodded and said, "Alright. Thanks for the advice. So, tell me about yourself. Who are you, and what is your job here?"

Cispia continued walking without turning her head as she talked, "I'm Cispia Fidelis, born to a branch family of the great Fidelis family. Because of my talent to be a warrior and my looks, I was selected last year, with great honor, to be the mistresses handmaiden along with Livia, the other handmaiden. As a handmaiden, my job is to take care of the mistress's daily needs, as well as guard her in times of need. I would also become part of the mistresses dowry when she weds and take care, as well as bear children in her name."

Mog nodded at what she said and remained silent. Her job description was actually pretty good for a slave, especially for large families like the Fidelis family. Not only is her treatment far better, but her children could also be counted as children of the main family. If one of them was found more talented than the children of the main wife, the child could become the successor of the house. Handmaidens are also not discarded when they become old or disabled and are considered part of the family.

Mog asked with interest, "Then when will the mistress wed?"

Cispia shook her head, "I do not know. Although she is from an aristocratic family, she is also a mage, so by custom, she may wed late, even in her late twenties. Originally, she was to be wed to one of the emperor's talented grandchildren and become the matriarch of the Fidelis family. But, when she was 17, after a meeting with the prince, she went insane and did something that gave her quite the notorious reputation, canceling the engagement in the process, and shaming the prince and the Fidelis family greatly. Now, she would likely marry a dud that will only serve as a front and might not ever enter her bed-chamber in his pitiful lifetime."

Mog raised an eyebrow and asked in interest, "Notorious reputation?"

Cispia paused her steps, took a scanning sideglance at Mog, especially his nether region, and said with a smirk, "The mistress is a perfect paragon hailed across the empire and loved by many of the upper circles and lower circles alike, other than one, single, major flaw. She has... very great needs, you see, ones that are only satisfied with her great and refined tastes, specifically, ones with orcish features, Muscles, and large sausages. Did I make myself clear, Mog? Or do I need to explain how the horned rabbits and honey bees reproduce?"

Mog - "Oh...? OH! Oh..."

It took a bit for Mog to get what she meant, but when he remembered what happened last night in the baths, he somewhat understood the gist of it.

Mog hesitantly asked, "Does that mean..."

Cispia looked at his nether region again while she said, "That you are to be her chamber warmer in the future? Most likely, Mr. Pet."

She then turned around and continued walking, "Now come along, Mog. I will introduce you to your equals in this Manor."

With a bitter face, Mog followed her until they arrived in a simple yet large dining room.

Misc info: Did you know that people in ancient Rome actually used a sea sponge to wipe their asses? Not only that, but they also shared it after only cleaning it with reused seawater in a bucket? Fucking disgusting, right? It was an infamous source for venereal diseases in those times. It's called a xylospongium or tersorium, by the way. Look it up if you are bored enough.

Do you think my character description is enough?
  • Yes, well done. Votes: 43 87.8%
  • Its ok, could use a bit more work. (Comment please, I'm always open for suggestions) Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Its bad, it needs a lot of more work. (Do tell me why. If it is without a reason, I will ignore it) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 49
24