I chose to rawbone, now the background: Gladiator/slave vs Tribal vs Both
514 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, I was thinking long and hard about this(Don't laugh), and I concluded that having gladiatorial games in the world that I am creating will be rather stupid.

Yes, you heard it right, stupid. Having gladiatorial games in a world where a C-rank warrior is more than three times stronger than a D-rank warrior will make things awkward and irrational. I am creating a complete world with complete rules and logic, but a gladiator arena will make things more than a bit irrational. Even if there are match-fixings where match-ups can only happen between two people with only a single minor rank between them, this will still be awkward.

So, unless our protagonist turned himself into a lab-rat or he got his hands on a cheat or heavenly opportunity, he will die very fast in the logical sense, and I don't want to force everything on plot armor and luck.

Also, as kidBuu699 added, being a slave will give him a lot of conveniences since a smart owner won't ever risk a star gladiator dying, so the owner will invest resources and training in him to keep him alive. This will reduce a large part of the dark setting that the protagonist should experience.

 

That is why I am now offering an alternative. I will take the strength system and world setting, and make the protagonist a not-so-talented tribesman in an orc village(He is still ostracized for being half-orc), where he can get his hands on plenty of balanced enemies to fight, find natural treasures to eat, get concoctions that improve his aptitude, etc. These benefits can help him in the short run, but they are far from being a real cheat.

Later on, perhaps I can still add him getting captured by some slavers and sold into a gladiatorial school, where he will use the benefits he got from his younger days to survive in the arena.

Anyways, go ahead and choose:

  1. Full gladiator - He gets sold young into a fighting pit where he struggles for survival and gets experimented on by evil cultists/ mages, making his body possess abnormal qualities that let him stay alive. Downside: Little early world-building and a diminishing cheat + 10-meter thick ballistic class plot armor.
  2. Full tribal - Instead of coping himself up in some lame-ass arena, let him explore the rich world of Aessonia and grow! Plunge into the world of Aessonia as you experience more world-building, oppression from the Lamarian(Roman) empire, and becoming a legendary adventurer through thick and thin. (And leaving a thick trail of his seed along the way.) Downside: Slightly generic.
  3. Hybrid - Let him grow in a tribe at first, let him experience the harshness of the wild and grow his aptitude, perhaps fall in love, and then, when he reaches the age of 16, BOOM! He gets captured and brought into a gladiatorial school, needing to fight matches with the odds against him. (Like fixing someone on the same rank but him having no weapons, or having someone a small rank above him, fighting monsters barehanded, etc.) Downside: Mog will still need some sort of heavenly opportunity that gives him some unique quality that allows his survival, or he will need a thick plot armor, the 1-m bulletproof class. Not as bad as the gladiator origin, but still bad.

I am okay with any of these three, as they are all original and unique.

Background: Pure Gladiator/Slave VS Pure Tribal VS Hybrid
  • Pure Gladiator/Slave - Mog has good talent OR gets experimented on(Fucked up in a bad way) Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Pure Tribal - More exploring the world, growth, freedom of writing. Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Hybrid - First be a tribal and get some heavenly opportunities, and then enslaved + gladiator Votes: 18 42.9%
Total voters: 42
9