Chapter 01 – To become infected
5k 8 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rain poured. It was deep in the night and the street was empty. From the alley came some noise, but it died down in the rain. Slowly a man limped out from there. He supported himself by leaning to the wall.

After some step, he stopped to catch his breath. If someone looked at him properly, he could see he was injured, but the rain washed away the blood from his face and it became harder to see.

He was wearing a suit, but it was dirty and ragged. He seemed to be drunk, so even if someone saw him, they didn’t care for helping him.

He slowly adjusted his broken glasses and went forward. After a while, he stopped and looked up at the sky. Because of the rain, he wasn’t able to see the stars, but he didn’t care. He felt that the night was as dark as his future…

He was Al, the transmigrator. He came to this world 18 years before, when his current body was 5 years old. Originally his job was to play minor gay roles, but he asked for a break and he got permission to transmigrate into this world 10 years earlier than his role started.

These 10 years didn’t gave him any good memory. In this life, his name was Klaye Ashland. He was born in a poor family and the other kids always bullied him. But compared to his last world and the things he went through there, it was the Paradise… But when he remembered his script in this world, he wasn’t able to laugh.

His role started when he was 15. He wasn’t handsome or anything, but a little feminine. There wasn’t anything special about him, yet the others always went after him. One day, he was taken into an old, abandoned house. It was that time he realized, one of his classmates was a member of a gang that loved to play with young boys.

When he realized this, it was too late to run away. He was in the wolf’s den already. He cried and desperately called for help. He didn’t wanted to experience that thing again! He fought back but wasn’t enough strong. He didn’t realized something was off until the man who held him down was lifted up and threw away.

When he looked up, he saw an extremely handsome man. His face was so perfect and the leaking light made him shine in the dark house. He watched the ‘angel’ who saved him and his heart almost jumped out from his chest. That moment he completely fell in love…

The man smiled at him, then turned to the others and said: „A bunch of crazy gays! I hate your kind the most! I make sure you will never show in front of me!” With his friends, he started another round of the fight.

When he saw the man’s face was full of hatred, his heart shattered. He realized that man was Vincent Warburton, this world’s male lead. He finally remembered it was where originally his role started. He was saved by the male lead and fell in love with him. He hugged his legs and laughed silently. He never thought that he would really fall for him…

What he hated in his job was that his script just briefly mentioned the things that would happen. So he never knew how it would happen. Most of the time, he just understood it after the incident already happened. It made him hard to play well his role. Sometimes he changed the story too much and it was impossible to turn back the events.

Klaye laughed in the rain, then grabbed his chest and groaned. His ribs hurt. After the pain went away he sighed and continued to walk. He needed to go home before he became unconscious from the fever.

He walked slowly and thought back to those years. After that day, he followed the male lead and his life became easier. He really enjoyed those times, but sadly 3 years before Vincent fell in love with that bitch, Gardenia Manard. Klaye was sure, he would hate her even without knowing her life from the book. He was enough ’lucky’ for running into her when she had an affair with her lover. It happened 2 times! And he saw 2 different guys! Why did he remember so vividly about them? Because they were Vincent’s friends. Not to mention, he was in this situation because of them. This was their way to tell him ’shut up and disappear’…

He slipped and fell on the ground. His wet clothes became dirty. He just smiled and after some minutes he was able to stand up. He was halfway to reach his house, but his consciousness was already messy. He cursed and walked forward.

He didn’t want to come out, but he needed because today was a really important event. Today Vincent held a party to celebrate his engagement with that bitch. So he needed to go there to drink and wait for that bitch’s lovers to call him out. Then a little farther away from the hotel, they took him into an alley, beat him up and threw him between the trashes…

It was necessary because between the trashes there were some from an illegal laboratory. When he crawled out from it, his injured body touched it and he became infected with the virus.

Yes, for being infected, he needed to go through all of those things. This was an apocalyptic world, and for his role, he needed to be between the first infected humans. There was still 2 months before the virus spread out and the zombies emerged.

He shook his head and sighed. Originally he wanted to leave out the beating, but in the last 4 days, he wasn’t able to find those trash. They took him farther away than he thought it would be…

After he was infected, he would have high fever for 2 weeks, so Klaye already prepared a lot of water and easy food around his bed. He only needed to reach his house and he could handle his state. But those bastards took him in the opposite direction than his home. Now he needed to walk a lot more. He already reached his limit. He felt the world spinning around him, yet he still needed to walk 10 more minutes until he reached his home…

He tried to think about other things so he would not fall, but he only could remember about those times he spent with Vincent. He felt the pain in his heart and hit his face. He was already beaten up so badly, so it didn’t matter. It was better than remembering that man…

After some slap, he changed tactics. He touched those places on his body what hurt the most. The pain really worked better. After some more falling, he finally reached his house. He went in and closed the door, but he was too tired to take down his wet clothes. He fell in the bed and lost consciousness…

96