Chapter 1. Opening the Eyes in Another World
7.1k 15 191
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Next to a small stream in a meadow surrounded by centuries-old trees, whose crystalline water flowed calmly among the stones, a catgirl with shoulder-length hair which is black like obsidian, dressed in a thin gray kimono, was sleeping on the soft grass. She was a true beauty, her face being somewhere between cute and sexy so that every angle you look at her can tip the balance one way or the other. Her well-proportioned body, with long legs and a generous chest that was barely contained by the kimono she wore, turned her into a true seductress, a true nymph of this meadow that had the power to enchant anyone who approached her.

   But the sun's rays, which had just emerged from the clouds to admire the beauty of our heroine, managed to gently open her blue eyes that gave the impression that the entire sky was reflected in them.

   'Huh, my head... What's going on? Where am I?' wondered the young catgirl after raising the upper half of her body and looking around. 'Something is strange. The last thing I remember is falling into a water stream when I tried to save a kitten from drowning. It was raining so heavily that you could barely keep your eyes open. Because of that, and because my prosthetic leg got stuck in the mud and came off, I lost my balance and fell into the water... but everything seems fine... except for some dizziness, I don't feel any pain. Maybe I floated after losing consciousness and the water eventually brought me to the shore. But where is this shore? I don't think I've seen this area around the city... Mmm, it can't be that far. First, I need to find a piece of wood to help me walk, and then I'll try to find a road...'

   Stopping her analysis of the surroundings and managing to calm down after making a plan, she turned her gaze back to her own body.

   'What is this? I don't think I was wearing something like this when I was coming back from school. These aren't even my clothes... and I'm sure my prosthetic from my left leg fell off. Who put it back on?' She quickly realized that the situation was not as clear-cut as she thought. 'Maybe someone found me? But why didn't he call an ambulance? Why did he leave me here? Maybe that person has some dubious plans... Yes, it's possible. Considering the bad luck I've had in life, it's very possible that I ended up in the hands of a pervert. Yes, that would explain the situation. If a normal person had found me, their first concern would be to offer me first aid, not to take off my clothes and then dress me in these weird clothes. Brrr... I need to leave quickly. Who knows what he intends to do when he comes back? Let's go, Lucy, there's no time to waste.'

   Encouraging herself, Lucy, our heroine, stood up at full speed. Perhaps even faster than she thought possible, considering that her left leg, which had a prosthetic from the knee down, always slowed down the process.

   'What's happening? This sensation? Could it be possible?' Lucy immediately lifted the fabric that completely covered her legs, and her suspicion was confirmed: she was no longer wearing a prosthetic on her left leg; it was completely healed.

   "This is impossible! I think I must be dreaming!" Lucy said aloud while pinching her cheek.

   "Ouch, it seems I can feel the pain... so I'm not dreaming, it's real!" Lucy said, her voice becoming slower, tears of happiness forming in her eyes.

   She had lost half of her left leg for almost 4 years when she became the victim of an accident along with her parents, who, unfortunately, didn't survive. That accident took everything from her, both her family and her dreams. And the absence of half of her left leg served as a constant reminder of that.

   After managing to control her emotions, Lucy headed towards the stream in search of a calmer section of water, wanting to confirm some suspicions that had arisen in her mind. After finding a patch of still water, these suspicions were confirmed as she saw her reflection in the water. 'It seems I was right. This is not my body. If before I could consider myself beautiful, now I can consider myself a true goddess. Damn it, if I keep looking for too long, I'll fall in love with my face. These enticing lips, this adorable nose, these enchanting blue eyes, and these... what, cat ears?'

   It seems that Lucy finally discovered what we knew from the beginning, that she had become a catgirl. She immediately brought her hands to the cat ears visible through her hair and gently touched them.

   "Purrrr..."

   'It's truly pleasant... so soft... and this sensation, mmm, it melts my knees....' After continuing to massage her ears for another two minutes, she finally managed to regain her composure. 'I don't know why, but I have the feeling that I did something indecent....' Fortunately, these moments of self-induced pleasure had the ability to prevent Lucy from losing her mind again. Turning her head and looking back, she noticed that she now had a black cat tail, just as black as her hair and ears, a tail that moved gracefully from side to side.

   "So now I'm a catgirl, or rather, a stunning catgirl. If I were to be discovered, I would become the target of an army of weebs who would give years of their lives just to see me. But who could have transformed me into a catgirl? A few years ago, I saw some memes on the internet that claimed the eccentric billionaire Elon Dusk was working on engineering catgirls. Maybe there was a grain of truth in that story. Someone must have created a secret laboratory where they conducted experiments, and I was probably one of the subjects. But why don't I remember anything? And how did I manage to escape?"

   Lucy never lacked imagination; she always had too much of it. But a large envelope that appeared in front of her eyes stopped her from coming up with increasingly absurd explanations.

   'A flying envelope?' She tried to reach for it but couldn't. 'What is this? It's like some kind of augmented reality crap...' Lucy thought as she waved her hand in front of her eyes. 'How can I open it?'

   But she didn't even have time to think about opening the envelope when it opened on its own. In front of her, a letter written in golden letters appeared, a letter that explained to Lucy in detail what the situation was.

   "Hello, Lucy. I am Bastelia, the Goddess of Felines, well, I am only a fragment of my power that has withstood the passage of time, as I probably disappeared from this plane thousands of years ago, after being defeated and banished into oblivion. Because I deemed you worthy to be my successor, I saved your soul from the clutches of oblivion and decided to reincarnate you in this magical world, offering you a gift that will help you fulfill all your dreams. This gift, for which I have expended all my remaining power in this realm, is represented by an adaptable system that will tailor itself precisely to your needs and desires. While others possess versions that grant them the ability to see their attributes and skills, yours will allow you to decide which attribute value you want to increase as you level up, select the skills you desire, and even create skills based on your wishes. Moreover, it will ensure that the class you receive is perfect for you, taking into account both your abilities and your desires.

   Seeing all this, you probably expect to receive some important mission from me. However, I will not do so because it is unnecessary, as I have already analyzed your entire destiny and know that as long as you follow your beliefs, you will achieve a favorable outcome for me.

  In conclusion, I can only wish you success in everything you do and express my hope that we will meet face-to-face in the future. So, farewell, Lucy. I trust you."

   'So, I died and was reincarnated in another world, a magical world... Well, I have no reason to complain. There's no one left behind whom I would miss,' Lucy thought as the letter in front of her disintegrated. After the last letter disappeared, a large button appeared in front of her, under which only three words were written: [Begin Class Acquisition].

   Just like opening the letter, pressing the button was automatic. It seems that the system could analyze Lucy's intention very quickly and accurately.

   [Analyzing, analyzing... suitable class not found... creating suitable class... suitable class created... congratulations, your class will be Magic Powered Ninja.]

I hope you liked the beginning of this story. If you have questions or suggestions, you can write them in the comments.

191