Chapter 32: A New Mission & Old Acquaintance
959 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at the entrance to the jedi temple I entered it.

I then took a look around to see if anything had changed since the last time I here.

Due to the fact I've rarely spent time at the temple over the past nine years.

It just feels too oppressive and restricting to me. Despite all the people living and working within its walls.

That's why when I do stay here it's only for a month, a month and a half tops.

Namely so I can meet new recruits, confer with members of the coalition if needed, and catch up on the latest gossip.

Turns out even Jedi love to gossip.

I guess some things about people will never change no matter the world.

Seeing that the temple was the same as usual I started making my way towards the high council chamber.

They are the reason I am her today after all.

The council has called me in to assign me a mission.

Not my first by the way.

I've done several missions for the high council over the past few years.

Most of which were tracking down and apprehending criminals.

The ones we jedi are allowed to go after by the Senate at least.

Continuing through the corridors of the temple I reached my destination in no time.

Finding Marcellus there when I did so.

Noticing me he looked in my direction.

"Looks like the council called us here for the same reason." Marcellus spoke.

"Apparently so." I said.

Right after I did so the door to the chamber opened.

Marcellus and I then walked inside.

Going to stand in the middle of the chamber as we usually did when in front of the high council.

An obvious power play on their part.

They want the person they are talking to knowing they are being watched on all sides.

I have to hand it to the council they are crafty bastards.

Even though most of them will probably never admit it.

"Knight's Zobek and Antilles. To see you both again a great pleasure it is." Yoda spoke.

"You as well master Yoda." I replied.

"Yes I feel the same." Marcellus added.

"The reason we have called you both here today is that there is an urgent mission we need you to handle." Windu spoke. 

"Over the past several weeks numerous cargo vessels have been destroyed. Your mission is to find out who is doing this a put a stop to it." Plo Koon explained.

"Excuse master Plo Koon but what makes this a Jedi matter instead of a task for simply the Judicial Forces?" I asked.

Not that I have any issue in taking this assignment. I just want clarity concerning the matter.

"We were asked to handle this by the Senate." Eeth Koth spoke up.

'That explains it.' I thought.

"All the details will be given to your during your briefing with the Judicial Forces you will be working with to resolve this matter. Any more questions?" Windup spoke.

Neither Marcellus or I spoke up.

"Good. Then you may go. May the Force be with you." Windu said.

"Wait." Yoda spoke up. "One important detail there remains. A Jedi from Corellia you will be working with to solve this matter." Yoda explained.

Hearing this Marcellus and I nodded.

We then left the high council chamber.

"Well, this is certainly getting more interesting by the minute." Marcellus spoke as we walked.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." I replied.

The order barely tolerates the Green Jedi or Corellia. They see them as an affront to all the order stands for. Simply because Corellian jedi embrace their emotions and marry and have families.

This and several other reasons is why their jurisdiction in handling matters is limited to the Corellian sector.

They are rarely allowed to handle matters outside of that sector of space. Barring certain circumstances.

Which it seems this case is.

I can't wait to learn all the details about it.

*** 

Marcellus and I walked the crowded streets of Coruscants' Federal District. Heading straight for our destination.

The Republic Center for Military Operations.

Which is where all jedi are briefed on matters when they work hand in hand with Republic Judicial Forces.

The two of us left the temple immediately after receiving our assignment from the council.

Thirty minutes of walking and we arrived at our destination.

After security gave us both a quick inspection we were let inside.

Once we were Marcellus and I became surrounded by a sea of military personnel, or what passes for them today in the Republics' military.

Wading through the sea of people Marcellus and I headed up to the front desk.

"Yes, how may I help you?" A female junior officer asked us.

I can tell she's a junior officer by the insignia pin on her uniform.

"We're Jedi knight's Van Zobek and Marcellus Antilles and we are here for a meeting." I explained.

"Yes sir. Hold on one moment." The female officer replied.

A holoscreen then appeared right in front of her and she began typing away on it.

Then after a minute passed she stopped.

"Yes. Please proceed to conference room D342." The female officer spoke.

She then gave me and Marcellus directions on how to reach our destination.

Once she did so we bid her farewell and started making our way there.

Arriving in no time at all.

Entering the conference room we saw a person sitting at a circular table with a holotable situated in the middle of it.

A person Marcellus and I are familiar with.

A female Green Jedi by the name of Nova Halcyon.

Who Marcellus and I met several years ago when we went to visit Corellia.

I remember it clearly.

***

[Coronet City, Corellia, 43 BBY]

Side by side Marcellus and I took in the majesty of Coronet City.

The capital of Corellia.

One the oldest populated world's in the entire galaxy and a founding member of the Galactic Republic.

It's beautiful no matter where I look.

Even so Marcellus and I did not come here to sight see.

We came to speak with the sect of jedi that call Corellia home, the Green Jedi, and see if they might be willing to join the coalition we founded a year ago.

Which is really coming into its own.

The reason we came to speak with the Green jedi is because they are a model of what I want the order my group and I create to one day resemble.

Since unlike the man order on Coruscant Green jedi express their emotions and are even allowed to marry and have families.

Though this has caused the main order to look down on them.

Which is most likely one of the reasons Green Jedi are restricted to operating within the Corellian Sector of space.

Which I think is ludicrous for so many reasons.

Yet another reason my group and I are going to split from the main order.

They are prejudice without even realizing it.

Or maybe they have realized it and just try to justify their actions.

Either way, I don't like their style.

Marcellus and I continued to wander around Coronet City for a bit longer. But eventually we stopped touring.

Then headed to a local restaurant for lunch.

We haven't eaten anything so day yet and we don't want to face the Green jedi council on empty stomachs.

Hence why we picked a spot several locals recommended when we asked them and started to fill our bellies.

Several minutes into the meal Marcellus and I began to discuss our plans.

"So honestly Van, do you think the Green jedi will support us when the time comes?" Marcellus asked. In between taking bites from his food. "We won't even be part of the Republic anymore. Yet they still will be because they are affiliated with Corellia."

"I know that." I replied. "And I honestly have no idea how the Green jedi will react to our plan. But if they say they want no part of it at least we can say we tried. Though given how the main order treats them I can say I'm optimistic about a positive response."

"I see your point." Marcellus replied."Though I still wonder. I've heard Corellian jedi can be quite...intense."

"Why thank you for that compliment. We're quite proud of our intensity." A feminine voice spoke. As a figure in jedi robes sat in the empty chair next to Marcellus.

They then removed their hood. Revealing the face of a beautiful girl underneath. Her hair is jet black and stops just above her shoulders, while her eyes are a brilliant gold color.

Though this girl is not Sith just to be clear. I know several other jedi who have eye color different from the norm. Apparently its just another aspect of how the force affects us.

"So, to what do we owe the pleasure ms..."

"Nova Halcyon. At your service. " The girl spoke.

'Interesting.' I thought. 

The Halcyon family is one of the oldest Corellian jedi families. They even produced Corran Horn. A future member of Luke Skywalker jedi Council in the legacy novels.

"So, what are a couple of boys from the main order doing on Corellia? " Nova asked.

"Beautiful. " Marcellus spoke.

As he did so I noticed a slightly dreamy look on his face.

Looks like Novas' beauty got to him.

"You're not too bad looking yourself handsome." Nova told Marcellus.

Which caused him to start slightly blushing.

I smirked upon seeing this.

Now its confirmed, he's definitely into her.

'Good taste my friend, good taste.' I thought.

"But that aside. Back to my question. What are you two doing here on Corellia? " Nova asked once more.

"We came to speak with your council about a certain topic." I said.

Keeping my answer vague given the nature of the subject we want to discuss.

"I see." Nova said.

"Is your council against speaking with us?" Marcellus asked. "Is that why you suddenly made contact with us? To pass along A message from them."

"Not only handsome but smart as well. " Nova replied.

Which caused Marcellus to blush once more.

"To answer your questions handsome, yes the council did send to make contact with you two." Nova admitted. "They wanted me to assess you both and your motives for being on Corellia."

"So, how are we doing so far?" I asked.

"Passable. But in my opinion you never really know a person until you see how they can handle their liquor. " Nova spoke.

Then a moment later a waiter appeared and set down a tray on our table. Which contains three glasses and a bottle of Corellian Ale.

"Nicely executed. " I said. 

Since Nova definitely set that up beforehand.

"Well I come here all the time so its no big deal." She explained. Opening the ale as she did so.

Nova then poured some in each of the three glasses.

"Now then, enjoy. Or are you boys from the main order unable to hold your boos?" Nova spoke in a challenging manner.

Marcellus and I obviously couldn't let that slide. So we drank.

Then drank some more.

Eventually emptying the bottle of Corellian ale. We then decided to order another.

As the three of us indulged ourselves Marcellus and Nova continued flirting. While my lips became a bit looser and I told Nova some of my opinions about the main order and some ideas I had about the path the jedi should take.

I know it's a dangerous move and I don't know if its the alcohol but my intuition told me I can trust her.

Which once again was proven right.

As Nova agreed with several of my ideas and opinions.

"You know we want to do more to stop piracy and help in the Outer Rim. But due to political bullshit we can't. " Nova passionately spoke.

Slurring her words a bit as she did so.

Since we're all a bit drunk due to being on our fourth bottle of Corellian ale.

Which is good stuff.

"Yet what does the main order do about it. Absolutely kriffing nothing. At least not in the way that matters." Nova said.

"Believe me I know." I replied. "That's why me and a few like minded others within the main order want to make a change. And we're hoping the Green jedi might be able to help us out in that regard." 

"Well I'm not sure. I don't speak for the council but I will say they will be open to hearing you out." Nova said.

"That's all we ask." Marcellus said.

I nodded in agreement.

"Good. Because that's all I can really guarantee." Nova explained. "Now enough talk about business." She said. Nova then turned her gaze to Marcellus.  A hungry look in her eyes.

This made my friend widen his eyes like a deer looking straight on into headlights. Turning to me he gave me a pleading look to help him.

But I simply pretended I didn't see anything.

Snickering to myself as I did so.

***

Needless to say on that night Nova and Marcellus got to know each other very well.

Since the next day when I saw him he looked tired but had a smug and satisfied smile on his face.

The look of man who experienced a blissful and passionate night.

As for our meeting with the Green jedi council they were highly receptive to our ideals and promised too offer any support they could when we put our plan into motion.

So overall that visit to Corelllia was extremely fruitful.

In more ways than one.

"Hey Nova." I said. Taking a seat at the table as I did so. "To think the Corellian Jedi we would be assigned to work this case with would be you."

"I know." Nova replied. She then looked at Marcellus. "But I have no complaints."

"Nova please, we're in public." Marcellus spoke in an embarrassed manner.

"Ah, what wrong my friend your girlfriend is simply showing you some love." I said with a grin on my face.

Also yes, Marcellus and Nova are in a relationship.

Turns out their one night stand wasn't just a one night stand.

Which I suspected might happen given the energy I saw between them that night at the restaurant. But I wasn't sure.

Though since it has happened I am happy for the both of them.

Especially since now I get to tease Marcellus about his relationship like he used to do to me in the past.

Revenge is sweet.

"Shut up Van." Marcellus grumbled.

Which only made me grin wider.

But I immediately dropped it and got serious when the military personnel we would be working with entered the conference room.

Playtime is over.

Time to get down to business.

***

A/N: Another OC which is also important.

Like I keep saying any OC I add will usually be important to the over all story.

Also Nova Halcyon appearance resembles that of Baltimore from Azur Lane.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

31