Chapter 50 – Benjamin’s death.
1.7k 5 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I left Benjamin in the same place he was, inside that basin while breathing hard, he was doing everything to stay conscious, it was a painful scene to see.

I went towards the door with a little difficulty, the closer I got to the door, the stronger that pain in my chest was, it was a pain I had already felt before, but this time it is stronger than ever.

I was shaking and almost starting to cry, I don't think I've ever been like that for anyone before, I must have been emotionally weak for this type of situation, I need to control myself a little, but I need to be quick.

Looking at his situation, I saw that he wouldn't be around long, so I had to control myself quickly to be able to call Flora in time to be able to stay with him, and that's what I did.

I put positive thoughts in my mind and took a deep breath, even with that strong pain in my chest, I started to calm down, and after that, I opened the door slowly with my hand a little shaking.

When I opened the door she was there, Flora was still crying, but this time she had calmed down, she seemed to be confident in what I was doing, seeing this scene makes my heart ache even more, please stop.

"So, how's he doing?"

"Well, he ..."

"Speak quickly, you managed to help him, right?" Flora looked confident, but at the same time I could see her confident countenance collapse in front of me, I started to feel her hands that were holding mine getting cold.

"He wants to see you, inside." I just pointed into the room and kept my head down, didn't say anything else, but it's because I couldn't speak at that moment, it was like the words were running away from me.

Giving the news that an important person to a friend dies is never good, it was as if her pain was shared with me, making me suffer together with her.

Flora, who continued to hold my hands, started to look into the room in fear, she had no vision of Benjamin from here, but I think she was beginning to imagine the scene she would see when she entered that room.

She released my hands and started walking towards the room, but before entering the room, she turned to me and said, "He's going to die, right?" It looked like she wanted to confirm this before entering.

Maybe she is wanting to get ready for this? Or maybe she is just asking this to be sure? I don't know for sure the reason for her question, but when she asked that I just kept quiet, but my tears started to fall.

When Flora saw the tears streaming down my face, she seemed to understand what was going on, but she didn't cry, she wiped away the tears that were on her face and entered the room.

I could see her emotions on her face, she was devastated, but even so, she didn't seem to want to cry in front of Benjamin, which is why she is holding on so much.

'I'm sorry.' I could only think that while looking at her back as she entered the room, and of course, I kept crying.
##########
I went into the room while keeping my eyes closed, waiting a while to open them, I wanted to get ready for a while before seeing him, I have to control myself not to cry in front of him.

I don't want to cry in front of him while he is in this situation, if he is really going to die, I want him to see me smiling until the last second, but I don't know if that will be possible.

I opened my eyes and looked around, I entered him lying inside the same basin Yuukina was in a short while ago, he had his arms drooping and he didn't have the strength to lift him, but his eyes were open.

His eyes weren't open before, for a moment I thought he was getting better, but that changed when I approached him and held his hand.

Before he was able to shake my hand, but he can't even do it anymore, his hand is completely cold, it feels like I'm holding the hand of a person who is already dead.

"You took too long, I'm glad you showed up."

"Of course, I would show up." I smiled at him.

"Yuukina is at home, right?"

"Yes, I couldn't bring her with me, she stayed there."

"Too bad, I also wanted to see her, but I don't think it will be possible, you say goodbye to her for me, can you promise me that?"

I was silent for a moment and then I replied in a low voice: "Don't talk like that, it looks like you're going to die, aren't you, okay?"

"Okay, I'm not going to die." He gave a sincere smile, that smile he always gives when he is genuinely happy, and it made my mask fall, and then, I started to cry in front of him.

"You can cry, I know you will cry even if I ask you not to cry, you will cry, but I don't want you to do this forever, understand?"

Even in this situation, he manages to make that kind of comment.
"Okay, I'm not going to cry forever, but you let me cry while I hug you one last time, right?"

"Of course." He smiled again.

UWAAAA ~~

Then I leaned my face against his chest and hugged him as hard as I could, gradually I could feel his heart-stopping and his breathing getting weaker.

I could feel him dying in my arms, and that was one of the worst feelings I have ever had, so the tears continued for a while.

 

****

Help me and gain advanced chapters: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

52