Prologue (His Past) – 10. Separation
2.2k 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning sun began to appear on the Eastern horizon of Eternal Harmony City. Rose walked down the corridor in a hurry, hoping she could return to her room before her uncle noticed her disappearance.

But it's too late, once she entered her room at Golden Light Castle, King Eudon already sat on the sofa with his arms folded, apparently waiting for her, his eyes filled with anger. His two aides who stood behind him looks exhausted, the same expression also shown by her two knights who stood before him.

Realized she was in big trouble, she approached him slowly while looking down, feeling guilty. Her two knights moved backwards behind her as she stood before King Eudon.

She bowed slowly.
"Uncle..." she greeted in a soft voice while keep her head down.

King Eudon stared at her angrily.
"Rose Ambrosia Heart, how dare you disappear without any news?! You made us searching for you all night!" 

"Forgive me." she said in apologetic tone, then she raised her head to face King Eudon. "But I have a reason for this." she added.

"I don't want to hear your reason!" he snapped.

She quickly lower her head again.

King Eudon took a deep breath to calm himself.
"We will discuss this later, we must return to Zephyrus now." his voice sounded more calm now.

She raised her head in surprised.
"Now? But why? The peace alliance meeting isn't over yet."

King Eudon breathed a heavy sigh as a frown started develop on his forehead.
"After we left, some nobles began to start a rebellion. Now, General Brent is trying to deal with them but he still need us."

"Another rebellion..." she whispered, she could feel the cold rage coursing through her veins at the thought of them. Unconsciously, she clenched her fist in anger. But then, she remembered her promise to him last night.
"No... I can't go home yet. I still have to fullfill my promise to him."

"Uncle, can you let me stay in Asteria a little longer? I only need a few hours."

King Eudon's calmness disappeared after hearing her words.
"No! I've been getting this report since last night. But I postponed it because of your disappearance." he snapped again.

"You can leave without me, I'll catch you later." she insisted.

King Eudon eyes widened in anger.
"I won't allow it! Leaving you even for a few hours is still risky! "

"I'm begging you. I have an important appointment with someone. He will be very disappointed if I don't fulfill it." she said in pleading tone.

-Bang!

King Eudon hit the table hard with his palm and she flinched on instinct.

"Rose Ambrosia Heart! You are Princess of Zephyrus! You must know which one must be prioritized! Right now Zephyrus is in danger. If we don't handle it immediately, this rebellion will spread and take more casualties. You must come home with me now!"

She fell silent as she heard King Eudon's words. He's right, as a princess she must prioritize her kingdom over anything else.

"At least let me say goodbye." she said in frustration, then she moved out of the room, but her steps were blocked by King Eudon's aides.

"No! You must come with me now!" he said in anger.

Rose knew she needed to change tactics, she let out a sigh and turned around, facing King Eudon with a straight face.
"Uncle, is your intention to bring me here to let me choose? Now, that I have made my choice, at least let me say goodbye to him."

"There's no need, I have said our return to King of Asteria since last night, I'm sure he will tell it to Ilex. Now, we must leave immediately! The longer we delay, the more dangerous Zephyrus is!"

She frowned in confusion.
"What do you mean? What does that have to do with Ilex? Uncle, please! I promise, it won't take long." she pleaded.

"You really stubborn! Take her to the carriage now!" King Eudon ordered.

King Eudon's aides pulled her hand and brought her into the carriage that was ready in the castle yard, followed by her knights. 

Rose could only obey while staring at Golden Light Castle getting far away.
"Angel, forgive me. I can't meet you today. I promise after this problem is over I will return to Asteria and explain it to you."

43